Pickett

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steffi Graff ???
Well now that you are mentioning it...:roflmao:

Btw - I have my doubts that Pickett can help us, his best years are behind him and apparentely thats what MM and TT thought too. Otherwise they would have kept him. :cautious:

Edit: Are you watching Friday morning, Bill ? Or is the Seattle game blacked out in UK. Kickoff is 2.30 am, looks like a short night for us here across the pond ;)

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Right now in the current situation, I might offer pickett a low veteran salary just as an insurance policy. He has the upside of knowing the team, most likely being very cheap, and who says we have to give him 50 snaps per game? He might have a little more gas left in the tank than ya think.

D

Deleted member 6794

Right now in the current situation, I might offer pickett a low veteran salary just as an insurance policy. He has the upside of knowing the team, most likely being very cheap, and who says we have to give him 50 snaps per game? He might have a little more gas left in the tank than ya think.

I´m fine with the Packers having moved on from Pickett and Jolly. The team has planned on getting more atheltic on the line during the entire offseason, so there´s no need to bring any of them back.

D

Deleted member 6794

All I'm saying is the way we drop like flies, wouldn't hurt to at least give him a look.

As of right now we have three options at NT in Guion, Boyd and Pennel so I don´t think Thompson has to make a move immediately.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Well now that you are mentioning it...:roflmao:

Btw - I have my doubts that Pickett can help us, his best years are behind him and apparentely thats what MM and TT thought too. Otherwise they would have kept him. :cautious:

Edit: Are you watching Friday morning, Bill ? Or is the Seattle game blacked out in UK. Kickoff is 2.30 am, looks like a short night for us here across the pond ;)

Thankfully I`m away on a short holiday Nessie, so it wont frustrate me too much this time. I`m back late Saturday, and straight on the computer to watch it ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
According to former agent Joel Corry and his dealing teams discussing tax breaks of certain states, "It’s something that rarely came up in actual negotiations I was a part of when working for a sports agency."

And if playing in Tampa or Miami, wouldnt you be required to pay taxes for that weeks pay check?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And if playing in Tampa or Miami, wouldnt you be required to pay taxes for that weeks pay check?

Its a complete mess for athletes, you pay taxes on where the porpotionate % of your salary was earned. so 1/16th of Rodgers 2013 pay was taxed for Illinois

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
If taxes were to be considered, so would things like overall cost of living which would be much less in Green Bay than most NFL cities.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If taxes were to be considered, so would things like overall cost of living which would be much less in Green Bay than most NFL cities.

If you are not paying state taxes in Florida or where ever, cost of living would be cancelled out as the taxes would be way more then any cost of living.

Example---Taxes in wisconsin

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layouthtmls/swzl_statetaxrate_WI.html

On a very very small salary 6.75% * $4200,000 = $28,000 imagine Rodgers?

cost of living can't add up to more than that..

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are not paying state taxes in Florida or where ever, cost of living would be cancelled out as the taxes would be way more then any cost of living.

Example---Taxes in wisconsin

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layouthtmls/swzl_statetaxrate_WI.html

On a very very small salary 6.75% * $4200,000 = $28,000 imagine Rodgers?

cost of living can't add up to more than that..
Probably true but compare the cost of $4000 sq ft home in good neighborhood in Miami with Green Bay. Sales tax is usually higher in most states than Wisconsin as well. Food and clothing is inexpensive in Green Bay as well compared to large cities. Everything seems to cost much more in large cities because the consumer pays for the larger overhead.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as Pickett goes, he was always a solid player eating up blocks. However, my guess is that the Packers were less than enamored with his athleticism or they would have kicked the tires. Guys at Pickett's age and size don't just snap back into game shape. Jerry Rice could come back and contribute immediately. I'm not sure if Pickett could just jump right back into the mix.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Mr. Pickett , I don't believe, is in playing condition. Many other teams cut players that could be recruited, but management has not expressed any moves in that direction. These managers accept full credit when the team/player does well. However it is most often a coach / player that is blamed when something goes wrong. Some feel that if the management is criticized, the team is criticized, not so . So when the Packers D-line is attacked by a team with a good running attack, and holes the size of Montana are opening for their runners, be sure not to blame Management.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Mr. Pickett , I don't believe, is in playing condition. Many other teams cut players that could be recruited, but management has not expressed any moves in that direction. These managers accept full credit when the team/player does well. However it is most often a coach / player that is blamed when something goes wrong. Some feel that if the management is criticized, the team is criticized, not so . So when the Packers D-line is attacked by a team with a good running attack, and holes the size of Montana are opening for their runners, be sure not to blame Management.
I agree that Pickett is not likely in any condition to play. By now, I think all of us fans should know that Thompson is not going to express any moves publicly as to their recruitment of players. Smokey you need to watch Thompson's press conferences. Much can be inferred by the way Thompson vaguely cloaks his comments to reporter's questions.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
These managers accept full credit when the team/player does well. However it is most often a coach / player that is blamed when something goes wrong. Some feel that if the management is criticized, the team is criticized, not so . So when the Packers D-line is attacked by a team with a good running attack, and holes the size of Montana are opening for their runners, be sure not to blame Management.
Gee, who can this poster possibly mean by "these managers"? Anyone paying attention knows it can't be Thompson he's talking about since Thompson never takes full credit when the team or a player does well. It's ironic this poster can't help taking shots at Thompson 1) while not taking responsibility for taking those shots and 2) at the same time he's saying Thompson doesn't have all the responsibilities he actually does.

Since you can't help repeatedly going after Thompson, how about giving us examples of Thompson (or "these managers") accepting full credit for something?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts