Pickett Day-to-Day, Other Injuries

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/

Losing Pickett could be a huge blow. Our rush D has already struggled a bit with him in...imagine what could happen if he's out. We are incredibly lucky that we had such great DL depth at the beginning of the year because we're using our reserves right now.

Korey Hall will probably miss two weeks. Kuhn should do fine in his place.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/

Losing Pickett could be a huge blow. Our rush D has already struggled a bit with him in...imagine what could happen if he's out. We are incredibly lucky that we had such great DL depth at the beginning of the year because we're using our reserves right now.

Korey Hall will probably miss two weeks. Kuhn should do fine in his place.

Lucky, nay. I say well-managed. :)

And you're right about Kuhn. Much as I like the kid Hall, Kuhn seems to be kickin tail almost outta nowhere.

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That first round bye looks to be coming in pretty handy right about now...although the pack is the youngest team in the nfl, we are relatively old at some key spots (OT, CB) and that extra 7 days off is priceless. And bravo to TT and the entire staff for having the foresight to come into the season with almost 20% of the roster on the defensive line! And a great 1st round pick to boot! How sweet would it be to see Harrell just manhandle people in the playoffs and win Super Bowl MVP with like 3 sacks, 3 FF, and a recovery for a TD....I wouldn't have to hear any more from my Viqueens friends who call it a bad pick just cause they lucked out with AD.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That first round bye looks to be coming in pretty handy right about now...although the pack is the youngest team in the nfl, we are relatively old at some key spots (OT, CB) and that extra 7 days off is priceless. And bravo to TT and the entire staff for having the foresight to come into the season with almost 20% of the roster on the defensive line! And a great 1st round pick to boot! How sweet would it be to see Harrell just manhandle people in the playoffs and win Super Bowl MVP with like 3 sacks, 3 FF, and a recovery for a TD....I wouldn't have to hear any more from my Viqueens friends who call it a bad pick just cause they lucked out with AD.

Funny thing is I thought we had plenty of depth at DL and questioned the first pick. Now, I'm seeing you can never have too much DL depth. :shock:

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pickett and Woodson, could there have been two better signings a couple of years ago? They look pretty valuable right now. Throw Kampy in there.

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pickett and Woodson, could there have been two better signings a couple of years ago? They look pretty valuable right now. Throw Kampy in there.

You got that right...locking up Kampman BEFORE his 15+ sack season at 5 mil a year when a guy like Freeney is getting over 10 mil a year with similar production, with Kampman being much stouter vs. the run. You have to give a TON of credit to TT for having the youngest team in the league and winning 12 out of 14 games already this season

Reaction score
Packerfan4Life said:

Funny thing is I thought we had plenty of depth at DL and questioned the first pick. Now, I'm seeing you can never have too much DL depth. :shock:

Agreed. Tremendous foresight by Ted.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pickett has to be the most under appreciated player on this team. I think he's had a Pro Bowl type of season.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:

Pickett has to be the most under appreciated player on this team. I think he's had a Pro Bowl type of season.

Picket has been a big factor on our success. The entire defensive scheme is based on big DTs taking up blockers to open up space for the DEs and LBs to make plays.

Without Picket, Williams, Harrell, etc doing the job inside, the entire defense would struggle. In passing, more blockers would slow down the DEs, giving the QB more time for WRs to get open in press coverage. In running, the blockers would be able to pick up LBs to open up bigger holes for the RBs.

Hopefully these guys can get healthy for the stretch run. I've questioned the number of DTs on this roster all season, especially in terms of using our #1 pick on Harrell instead of Olsen. But I may have to eat those words as injuries are plaguing us. Good job TT.

GO PACK GO!!!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I say rest Pickett this week and ensure that he is healthy for the post season.. plus that gives us a chance to see how much help Muir will be in the center of this defense. The Bears Oline is a prefect place to allow a little rest to those in need of some... Pickett is too vital to the stretch run for the Packers... let him heal up... knock the rust off for the Detroit game and then let him rest again... :twocents:

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should sit him down. Did anyone see the Bears' offense last night? We still should be able to win (and stop their running game) without Pickett.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we need all healthy for the playoffs pickett has been great would want him in the playoffs agree if he needs rest to sit him d-line will stop the bears

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts