Pick a Side: Favre or the PACK

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ex Navy myself there Skipper. So now what? Nam was over so who did you protect us from? You are not old enough to have served in Nam so I am not impressed as I am a Vet.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ex Navy my self there Skipper. So now what. Nam was over so who did you protect us from?

You know, maybe you should go back to the Vikes board. I've noticed that you like to get on peoples bad side around here. Probably protected you from the same people you think you protected the US from.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure it was you who was doing the protecting, that was you who posted that you were protecting my butt. I was just rideing the waves and doing my job. Closest thing I came to combat was getting away from those filipino women

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im rooting against Teddo. I know he as a 10 year rebuilding plan, but I would like to win again while I'm in my 30's. Ok Im kidding, he doesnt really have a plan:comando:

Skol for pres

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys call it unethical and immoral to root for Brett Favre more than the Green Bay Packers. Why? Where is your evidence? All you can argue is that it is not "fan-like" to root in this manner. Again, Why? Show me the 99 rules all fans of anything must follow in order to keep their "fan card"???

Is this a serious question? I mean, are you really that dense?

Here it is, in black and white, plain english. I'll even type slow so you can follow along: YOU DON'T ROOT FOR YOUR OPPONENTS!

If you want to be a Favre fan, fine. All we ask in return is that you don't misrepresent yourself as a Packers fan when clearly you aren't.

With that, I'm done wasting my valuable time and energy on trying to explain what should be a simple concept to you.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this a serious question? I mean, are you really that dense?

Here it is, in black and white, plain english. I'll even type slow so you can follow along: YOU DON'T ROOT FOR YOUR OPPONENTS!

If you want to be a Favre fan, fine. All we ask in return is that you don't misrepresent yourself as a Packers fan when clearly you aren't.

With that, I'm done wasting my valuable time and energy on trying to explain what should be a simple concept to you.
Oh-Oh you called him dense that ranks up there with Corky as a no-no on this forum.:rules2::jester:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Corky is mentally challenged, so you know ;)

I personally think skol or lone would use any slang name for all races, and disabilities and think it was okay

** yes I said that on purpose in hopes it makes you think how stupid it was to tease someone the way that was done...

Fact is "corky" can not help how he was born, there is NO need for ridiculing a person with Downs or any one else for that matter because of how they were born**

Maybe that clears it up?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
There is no question about it in my mind either ... it defies logic to say that you want the QB of the Minnesota Vikings to do well and call yourself a Packers fan. Not only does it defy logic, it's pretzel logic.

In my book, those who can divide their loyalties as such are what I refer to as "Pom Pon fans" and were probably the president of the Pep Club in high school or something like that. I guess I'd call those folks 'casual' fans. Nothing wrong with that, I just find it hard to take them seriously when discussing football -- it's like trying to explain a draw play to a cheerleader.

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no question about it in my mind either ... it defies logic to say that you want the QB of the Minnesota Vikings to do well and call yourself a Packers fan. Not only does it defy logic, it's pretzel logic.

In my book, those who can divide their loyalties as such are what I refer to as "Pom Pon fans" and were probably the president of the Pep Club in high school or something like that. I guess I'd call those folks 'casual' fans. Nothing wrong with that, I just find it hard to take them seriously when discussing football -- it's like trying to explain a draw play to a cheerleader.

Pom Pom fans is far more kind that how I feel. I find it insulting. Such imposters are insulting to real fans. I say we call em' Corky.
To underscore how remarkable this is, I and those in my camp are agreeing with Vikings for christ sake.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, frankly...it's not THAT big of deal when all is said and done. You'll never convince them that they're roughly comparable to a nice warm steamin' pile of doggie doo... hahaha... ok, seriously, in their mind, they're a 'fan' and do so as they darn well please...and so it is. However, a serious fan will never allow them that latitude - as I said - I dismiss them as being cute little oddities.

Here in Northeastern Wisconsin, that type of 'fan' seem to be predominantly old women or 20-something girls.

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally think skol or lone would use any slang name for all races, and disabilities and think it was okay

** yes I said that on purpose in hopes it makes you think how stupid it was to tease someone the way that was done...

Fact is "corky" can not help how he was born, there is NO need for ridiculing a person with Downs or any one else for that matter because of how they were born**

Maybe that clears it up?

My response to that is, who else but Corky cheers for everyone? Maybe his band perhaps?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aJFSpkxjtY]YouTube - Corky (Chris Burke) And His Band[/ame]

I am not knocking Corky. He is what he is. I AM knocking such "mental midgets" (someone else's words--NOT MINE) who think they can cheer for everyone and be taken kindly to. BUt in the interest of not incurring further displeasure from the moderators, I will retire that line from hereon out.
However, I repeat again. It is an INSULT to real Packer fans to have these imposters come here--or in my presence as happened last week at the bar I go to--and dare to call themselves Packer fans while rooting and cheerijng for Judas. Reall Packer fans do not cheer for the Vikings quarterback, or any other Viking. They certainly do not do so under these circumstances.
I do not take kindly to them. And I must exercise great restraint in not expressing my displeasuer with even greater vitriol.
As I see it, there ought to be roving bands of vigilante brigades patrolling the streets for imposters. Just like the hells angels will grind off the flying death head if you betray him, these Favre fans need to relinquish their green and gold.

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I retire the use of Corky, I suggest we call Hauschild "Pom-Pom" from hereon out.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm cheering AGAINST TED THOMPSON...

Anyone who Cheers for this Cancer, Mr. 35-35 is NOT a Packer fan..in my book.

He is a dangerous, egotistical LOSER who doesn't know how to build a championship team, and nevel will..

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He is a dangerous, egotistical LOSER who doesn't know how to build a championship team, and nevel will..

No actually, anyone cheers against the Packers is NOT a Packer fan. I know it sounds crazy, but it's true.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So the team he built in Seattle, which has won their division numerous times and has made more Superbowl appearances than us in the past decade doesn't count? Or how about the team he assembled for 2007? You know, the one that was one bad pass away from going to the Superbowl?

Your logic is flawed. In my mind, rooting for your team to lose because you have issues with it's management means you aren't a fan.

Members online

Latest posts