Pick a Side: Favre or the PACK

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not yet become properly acquainted with many of you. On the other board I migrated from, there were a number of posters who said they want Favre to do well, even though he wears a Vikigns Uniform. My position is that this is antithetical to the interest of the Pack. As I see it, if Favre plays at a very high level, there is little chance that the Pack will win the division. This is for a variety of reasons, first, if we win tomorrow, we will still be a half game out. Looking at the remaing schedule, things seem to favor the Vikes.

Vikings Remaing Schedule

Green Bay L - PE (if they win, it is over)

Detroit
W- (detroit plays tough, you never know
Seattle W
Chicago W-
@Arizona PE
Cincinnati PE
@Carolina W
@Chicago L-
N.Y. Giants L- (althogh Giantst are falling apart, maybe W)

GREEN BAY REMAINING SCHEDULE
Minnesota W-/PE If we lose this, forget about it!
@Tampa Bay W
Dallas W- PE (we could lose this though)
San Francisco W (we own SF, have for the past 15 years or so)
@Detroit W (detroit usually plays tough, but not so much recently)
Baltimore W-/PE
@Chicago L
@Pittsburgh L
Seattle W
@Arizona PE

Key W (win) W- (more likely to win, but volatile) PE (Pick EM 50/50) L- (prob lose, but chance) L (lose) W-/PE or L-PE very close with slight advantage or disadvantage

More likely than not, the Viking will wind up 12-4 if we win, maybe 13-3 if they pick up a game against Chi in Chicago or NY, , maybe 11-5 ior 10-6 f they drop a game against either Cin or Ari or both.

At the very best, we can go 12-4, maybe picking up ONE of hte games at Chi or Pitt 13-3, but, we will more likely lose at least one of the games against Baltimore, Dallas and Arizona, which would drop us to 11-5 or 10-6, or even 9-7

Do people who say they want Judas to play well as a Viking see what is at stake now? That teeam does not have a lot of weaknesses other than Brettedict's volatilty at his age and what we have seen in December and the post-season for some eight years, AS WELL as a suspect secondary, and a coach who may after all be inferior to McCarthy.
If he continues to play as he has up until thhis time. the Vikings could easily take both Chi in Chicago and the Giants. 13-3 or 14-2, needless to say, will put the vikings in a number one or two seed, and the Pack as a wildcard, if in the playoffs at all. If the Vikings have homefield advantages, they are less likely to choke, especially since Judas seems to be more vulnerable in cold weather now.
It cannot be stressed enough that team has few other weaknesses, with the exception of the secondary and maybe the coaching. The problem is that few of the teams left on the VIkings scheduel are capable of running up the score on a game when Un4given passes for a lot of yards and two or three touchdowns.

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, I will edit the key. PE means pick em. As you can see, the Pack will have to play very well, and improve greatly from the first few weeks. We also need the Vikings to fall off a bit. More likely than not, that will be Favre collapsing. And yet socalled Packer fans say they want to see him od well.
Last weelk I was at an Irish bar. This guyt overcome with manlove for Favre comes in wearing his Favre jersey. I told him to relinquish his colors. He was watching the Vikes Steelers game (rather than the Packer game), CHEERING for the Vikings quarterback. I told him straight up Packer fans do not root EVER root for the Vikings quarterabck. He even acame up to after Grant ran a 1yd td, asking me who socred. I told him, if he were a real packer fan, he woould be watching the packer game.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer fan. Sorry but true Packer fans root for the Packers, not for some d00sh who opted to play for a hated division rival.

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer fan. Sorry but true Packer fans root for the Packers, not for some d00sh who opted to play for a hated division rival.

******** RIGHT! That is what I am talking about. There are some "Packer" fans who cheer the guy, want him to do well, nevermind that is directly against the interests of the PACK. No true Packer fan should ever want a Vikigns Quarterback to do well, least of all Judas Brettedict Favreold.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not afraid to state I am rooting for Minnesota this year, but I have followed Green Bay as closely as possible since I was 5, without being dealt a restraining order.

I don't know what you would call me but whatever it is, it obviously doesn't come along more than once in a lifetime. Am I wrong? Who can really judge without prejudice? In my opinion, life is too short to do things you don't want to do. If you choose to root solely for Green Bay, that is fine. If your heart was stolen by Favre and you choose to root for Minnesota, that is equally fine. To each, his own.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
******** RIGHT! That is what I am talking about. There are some "Packer" fans who cheer the guy, want him to do well, nevermind that is directly against the interests of the PACK. No true Packer fan should ever want a Vikigns Quarterback to do well, least of all Judas Brettedict Favreold.

I wanted him to do well last season. This season he chose to go to a rival. He deserves all of the hate, vitriol and disrespect that comes with it.

@Hauschild- Sorry, but you really can't have it both ways. How anyone with any modicum of self respect can call themselves a Packers fan yet still root for the Vikings is beyond me. You should be ashamed of yourself.

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not afraid to state I am rooting for Minnesota this year, but I have followed Green Bay as closely as possible since I was 5, without being dealt a restraining order.

I don't know what you would call me but whatever it is, it obviously doesn't come along more than once in a lifetime. Am I wrong? Who can really judge without prejudice? In my opinion, life is too short to do things you don't want to do. If you choose to root solely for Green Bay, that is fine. If your heart was stolen by Favre and you choose to root for Minnesota, that is equally fine. To each, his own.

In my view, you are NOT a Packer fan. You are a Favre fan. That is ok I suppose. Just relinquish your Green and Gold--for now and forever more.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find myself this year wanting to watch all the vikings games. I have to watch BF play, but I am cheering against him. With the bears I pay attention to the bottom of the screen for the score to keep track, but I don't have to watch the game. With the vikings I have to watch, this year, never like that before.

Its kind of like watching the news, I am not cheering for anybody, but I am compelled to watch.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Hauschild- Sorry, but you really can't have it both ways. How anyone with any modicum of self respect can call themselves a Packers fan yet still root for the Vikings is beyond me. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Agreed! He sounds like a waffler:happy0005: As for me I am still on the fence:yu:

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not either PackerRs
As I stated in my introductory thread, I am a refugee from the CBS Packer forum. There are a bunch of so called "Packer fans" who say they want Favre to do well. I presented a number of points to prove the obvious proposition that his interests are antithetical to him, including a break down of the schedule, analysis as to the weaknesses of each team. but they fail to see. To hell with them. I might reproduce some of the most ludicrous posts here for your amusement.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I am not either PackerRs
As I stated in my introductory thread, I am a refugee from the CBS Packer forum. There are a bunch of so called "Packer fans" who say they want Favre to do well. I presented a number of points to prove the obvious proposition that his interests are antithetical to him, including a break down of the schedule, analysis as to the weaknesses of each team. but they fail to see. To hell with them. I might reproduce some of the most ludicrous posts here for your amusement.

So, what if it should happen that both the Vikings and the Packers make the play offs this season ? ... and they won't meet again untill the NFC Championship ?

Saying that Favre's success in another 14 games (because the Vikings only play 2 against the Packers) is detrimental to the Packers is rather foolish ...

Favre has no impact on those other 14 games ... Say that Vikings win at Lambeau this Sunday ... - If the Packers don't make the play-offs it will not be because of Favre ... but because the Packers couldn't get the wins they needed ... - I'm sorry, but that isn't Favre's fault ...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Favre or the Pack... Couldn't be straighter than that!

I don't blink on this one. I'm not at BF's official forum, am I? ;)

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If we were we wouldn't hear how last year Rodgers was in talks with the Packers to extended his contract..But then the whole Brett ting happened, and Rodgers told the team...Get Brett settled 1st then we can work on my contract later..

Or how in that marathon meting with MM, Brett only wanted to hash over Ted and how angry he was with him....Hence the Brett was not in right mind set talk

That can of stuff would get deleted by you know who ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So, what if it should happen that both the Vikings and the Packers make the play offs this season ? ... and they won't meet again untill the NFC Championship ?

Saying that Favre's success in another 14 games (because the Vikings only play 2 against the Packers) is detrimental to the Packers is rather foolish ...

Favre has no impact on those other 14 games ... Say that Vikings win at Lambeau this Sunday ... - If the Packers don't make the play-offs it will not be because of Favre ... but because the Packers couldn't get the wins they needed ... - I'm sorry, but that isn't Favre's fault ...

for Brett to do well more than likly means the Vikings do well..Which takes away the chances of the Pack to get the division.

Now when Brett and the Pack play I dont care if he throws for 500 tds as long as the Pack win

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If we were we wouldn't hear how last year Rodgers was in talks with the Packers to extended his contract..But then the whole Brett ting happened, and Rodgers told the team...Get Brett settled 1st then we can work on my contract later..

Or how in that marathon meting with MM, Brett only wanted to hash over Ted and how angry he was with him....Hence the Brett was not in right mind set talk

That can of stuff would get deleted by you know who ;)
I'm very aware of your feelings towards those loony tunes ;) But they ARE in the right place. See that as a big SMACK AREA ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW all that comes from WSSP 1250 Am out of Milwaukee.,..Gary Ellerson...

They also had the Vikings TE on ( forgot name) they asked a question to him on how it all went down last year and if he thinks the Packers were right or something to that affect..His answer was interesting..

He said

Was he forced out, or did Brett WANT TO LEAVE...Now one might think that it could be just the guy flapping his lips..Or was he told something else from Brett or people close to him that Brett did want to leave..

they did a whole show on it...Because if Brett truly wanted out but didn't want to look like a cry baby..Best way was to be retired...Then asked to be released ( ala Jets) then go to Minny..But the Packers werent going to release him and it made his plan back fire?

I dont know if I believe all that but I just have a feeling he did want out...Maybe he had it with Ted and just wanted out which would be fine..but if he lied to get his way then thats crap

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
for Brett to do well more than likly means the Vikings do well..Which takes away the chances of the Pack to get the division.

Now when Brett and the Pack play I dont care if he throws for 500 tds as long as the Pack win

That is whole other discussion though ...

- Fact remains ... it is still possible for both Favre and the Packers to do well ... Granted only one team can win the NFC North ... but with good play both teams might make the play-offs ... regardless ... Which is why it is possible ... - Granted not likely, but possible ...

The fact that only the winner of the NFC North ends up in the Play-Offs is more of a testament of how "weak" that division is, compared to other division in the NFC really ... And again, has nothing to do with Favre being detrimental to the Packers (overall) success, except in those 2 games where the Packers and Vikings are playing against eachother ...

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did you read my initial post? Look at the remaining schedule of both teams. COnsider that the Vikings have few other weaknesses other than an aging quarternback who has been subject to late-season, post-season collapses for about the pasts six years. The other weaknesses are a suspect secondary, and an idiot for a coach.
The Vikings will not lose because of their running game, their pash rush or rush defense.
Looking at our different schedules, and accepting that we will probably lose at least two more games, the Vikings have to lose games. None of their opponents rise to the level of the Saints, a team capable of beating a Vikigns team with Favre playing well.
So, when supposed Packer fans cheer for Favre, want him to do well, they do so against our interests. If Favre plays at a high level, the Vikings will almost certainly be a number two seed, at least. If that happens, their chances of getting to the superbowl are enhanced.
I do not want the Pack to play as a wildcard, I want them to win their division outright. I do not weven want to see the Vikings in the playoffs. I want the wheels to fall off that team, because I hate the Vikings, and because it is in our interest.

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre Kool-Aiders were saying the same stuff on the other thread. Could #4 throw for 40 tds and 4000 yards, and yet the pack still somehow come out on top, sure. Is it all, likely, no it is most unlikely. To think in such terms is all too much like an adolescent, masturbatory fantasy sent into Penthouse forum.
The reality is that the Pack will be half a game out IF we win this Sunday. We will almost certainly lose two more games, likely at least one more. Looking at the Vikings schedule, they will MAYBE lost two more games, possibly more. That team does not ahve a lot of weaknesses though. If Un4given plays at a high level, as some one here and elsewhere want, the REALITY is the Vikings will probably be at least a #2 seed, leaving us a lowly wildcard, if we are lucky. Do you really want the Pack to go to the Meadowlands, Philly or the Dessert for the Wildcard game, rather than host at Lambeau? This is what is at stake here.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Did you read my initial post? Look at the remaining schedule of both teams. COnsider that the Vikings have few other weaknesses other than an aging quarternback who has been subject to late-season, post-season collapses for about the pasts six years. The other weaknesses are a suspect secondary, and an idiot for a coach.
The Vikings will not lose because of their running game, their pash rush or rush defense.
Looking at our different schedules, and accepting that we will probably lose at least two more games, the Vikings have to lose games. None of their opponents rise to the level of the Saints, a team capable of beating a Vikigns team with Favre playing well.
So, when supposed Packer fans cheer for Favre, want him to do well, they do so against our interests. If Favre plays at a high level, the Vikings will almost certainly be a number two seed, at least. If that happens, their chances of getting to the superbowl are enhanced.
I do not want the Pack to play as a wildcard, I want them to win their division outright. I do not weven want to see the Vikings in the playoffs. I want the wheels to fall off that team, because I hate the Vikings, and because it is in our interest.

Yes, I did read your post, question is ... did you read mine ? Because I don't think you did ...

IF the Packers season stand or fall with the 2 games (out of SIXTEEN) being played against Minnesota, then the Packers are NOT a contender ...

*THAT* is NOT Favre's fault ... no matter how much you try to argue your point ...

The Packers are able to win the NFC North if they are able to win consistently in 16 games played ... Not just the 2 against the Vikings ...

As for the Saints ... - I don't think they are as dominant as alot of people think they are ... - The Saints were on their heels against the Dolphins for most of that game ... - Untill the Dolphins ran out of gas ...

Bottomline ... The Packers control their own faith, regardless of how well Favre is doing or not ... - So your point is flawed ...

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quintus, do you concede we will probably lose against the Steelers and the Bears in Chicago? If so, that means the Vikigns have to lose two games. Look at their remaining schedule. They yare not likely to lose two games (or more) if Favre plays at a high level.
I do not care about hypotheticals, which is essentially just talk about how ifs and buts were candy and nuts. The REALITY is that Vikings team has few flaws, other than ones I have identified. If Un4given plays well throught the season, we wil be lucky to be a wildcard. it follows that real Packer ffans cannot want him to do well, PERIOD.

Members online

Latest posts