Peyton Manning

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well - this is becoming a cloak and dagger type situation. Irsay must be off of his ROCKER, or Manning must have HUGE issues in recovery. I mean, come on, give up perhaps the greatest QB ever for an unknown commodity? There is more to it. There has to be.

Being a Packer fan, I will say this: there are only two teams I do not want to see Manning playing for: The Vikings or the Bears. Something tells me Rex Ryan is lurking. If Manning is stupid enough to fall prey to playing for that idiot, he'll do anything.

Thoughts?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Already the comparisons of Brett's conference and Mannings conference are starting to show..

Cant compare the two...

Only the Favre fans are trying to

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I was told a while ago from a source from an Indy station who knows an Irsay daughter. Yes I know one of those.

Well he said Irsay made up his mind a while ago that Peyton probably should not play football ever again and if he does it was not under his watch. Like if you have a child who is going to do something you don't agree with you don't want to see it happen. He also made up his mind to pretty much rebuild the thing before the Colts won one of their two games last year. With aging stars and a coaching staff exposed he was ready to clean house.

Maybe Peyton recovers 100% and kicks butt next year. I just know what I heard and thats how Irsay feels. I feel Irsay tried to get Peyton to hang it up but it was never going to happen.

Really drained by all this and glad it's over. I felt sad for Peyton and Irsay today.

I think Peyton right now ends up on the Dolphins or Jets. He has a bond with Rex Ryan and a house in Miami. Maaaaaaybe Arizona too which is what I prefer.

Now whatever happens with Peyton or Luck or anyone remains to be seen Tough to call. Peyton has to learn a whole new team. The Colts are going to be VERY different then what we have seen; new gm, new coaches and new QB. Maybe no more Wayne and Saturday. They are keeping the pieces together on D though with the signing of Mathis. The new gm already said a few weeks ago that too much cap space was spent on offense over the years.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well - this is becoming a cloak and dagger type situation. Irsay must be off of his ROCKER, or Manning must have HUGE issues in recovery. I mean, come on, give up perhaps the greatest QB ever for an unknown commodity? There is more to it. There has to be.

Being a Packer fan, I will say this: there are only two teams I do not want to see Manning playing for: The Vikings or the Bears. Something tells me Rex Ryan is lurking. If Manning is stupid enough to fall prey to playing for that idiot, he'll do anything.

Thoughts?
I'm not a gambler but I'd put money that peyton won't come to the NFC North. I'd say either Hawks ,KC or AZ. I'd like to see him in AZ as Wayne has said he wants to follow Peyton. I'm sure the Cards will have Fitz talk to Peyton. I would. Manning would be CRAZY to go play for the pathetic Jets. They led the league in anonymous comments to the press about their lame QB & other issues

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was told a while ago from a source from an Indy station who knows an Irsay daughter. Yes I know one of those.

Well he said Irsay made up his mind a while ago that Peyton probably should not play football ever again and if he does it was not under his watch. Like if you have a child who is going to do something you don't agree with you don't want to see it happen.

If true, they really put on a good show today...

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
If true, they really put on a good show today...

I hear ya.

But, I don't buy everything that comes out of both mouths either.

I also know this hurts Peyton a lot, he loves Indy very much. I think he might choose a team that allows Wayne to come in too.

In the end, I have a hunch Peyton wont get another title though. He may come close though a la Favre IMO if he can get back to his old self and I still have doubts at times.....

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the end, I have a hunch Peyton wont get another title though. He may come close though a la Favre IMO if he can get back to his old self and I still have doubts at times.....
Yeah.
I'll be surprised if Peyton or the Colts make it to the SB any time soon.
More so for the Colts.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever team Peyton goes to it'll cost him about $50K + to buy the #18 jersey from the other player

Members online

Latest posts