Perry or Mercilus: Your Choice

bubblercheez37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read a thread from another post about OLB possibilities at 28. If Perry and Mercilus are both available at 28, who do you take and why?

I think Perry is the safer pick and reminds me alot of Mathews (school and position included), but Mercilus has a higher ceiling but bigger boom/bust potential

Reaction score
I agree with your points on both players but I choose Perry. I think he is the best OLB pass rusher in this draft. I like Mercilus and would be happy with him at 28 but I would be happy with moving up to get Perry. Last year my "man crush pick was Watt... followed by Brooks Reed so I fancy myself an "expert" (clearly kidding) but Im almost crushing on Perry like I was Watt.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mercilus scares me because he only has one year of production. Perry seems like the real deal. I just hope the choices are there.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Perry looks like the more complete LB who does a lot of things whereas Mercilus seems to be the better pure pass rusher, but as you say, Mercilus' evaluation is based only on 1 season.

I'd go with Perry.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great question, tough call.
I'll be happy with either as our guy, but then again most of us wanted Everette Brown or Aaron Maybin, not Clay Matthews, in 2009. This is, as most are, a hard position to evaluate the transition from college to the NFL.

NICK PERRY
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

WHITNEY MERCILUS (clearly the best name)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I disagree with this guy saying he doesn't think Mercy can play standing up. He reminds me a lot of DeMarcus Ware.
Also, ironic that he mentions the Colts, and my man Jerry Hughes.

As far as the one-year wonder goes, some guys just "blossom" or "find it"... remember Matthews didn't even start until his last year at USC.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be very happy with either one of these guys. I do not think it is worth it to trade up for upshaw though. Imo the guy is a little overated, but I'm no expert.

Members online

Latest posts