Perry gets fined for hit on Luck

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
You figured it out. The NFL doesn't want you hitting quarterbacks. This guy deserves a prize!

Here's your photo of the day to go with your "He didn't even hit him with the crown" statement:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Crown on QB's helmet
You saw the hit, the contact was secondary when the QBs head bounced into the crown of Perry's helmet. Not the initial hit.

OP
OP
tstej

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly if they start calling stuff like that you might see qbs and wrs duck their heads and reversing progress on protecting defenseless players.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You saw the hit, the contact was secondary when the QBs head bounced into the crown of Perry's helmet. Not the initial hit.
You have a right to your opinion, but your opinion isn't based on knowledge of the rules. The NFL has specific rules regarding these situations. Try reading them: Rule 12, Section 2, Articles 7 & 8. You can argue that the rule sucks, and I agree, but it's a failed argument that he didn't break the rule.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
You have a right to your opinion, but your opinion isn't based on knowledge of the rules. The NFL has specific rules regarding these situations. Try reading them: Rule 12, Section 2, Articles 7 & 8. You can argue that the rule sucks, and I agree, but it's a failed argument that he didn't break the rule.
Hey, thanks for standing up for my rights. I don't need it, I know my rights but I appreciate you acknowledge them.
No, I"m not going to read the rules again. He didn't lead with his crown, it was an incidental hit. Did you get Kevin Greene's reaction? He said "accidents happen" it's a collision game. People run into each other.
You know what Guapo? I don't really care one iota if you are okay with it. I'm not and yes, I'm deciding to take an opposing view. The day will come when this game is reduced to flag football status and it will be the likes of you that will bring it to that. It's watered down enough don't you think?
I'm not going to read the official rules. You're one of those people who likes to skirt the intent of a rule aren't you? You like to twist words in a rule to circumvent the word versus the intent or application of the rule.
It's already been established that the NFL does resort to extraordinary measures when protecting rulings on the field. I suppose you are an NFL apologist in explaining by the letter of the rules and so on while the rest of the NFL fanbase agrees (outside Seattle and Indianapolis) that the Packers got jobbed.
Can someone please put up a poll? Nevermind, Guapo will reject it on the basis of it's wording.
So while you become an expert in supposing rulings in NFL games I've been advancing my knowledge of CARC coatings. Your supposition that it's a failed argument is based on your premise that your interpretation of the rules is correct and that further.... your interpretation matches the NFL's and supports your premise. But I don't agree and so it's a flawed premise. An official ruling, you know, after someone who actually practices law might tell us more. It seems Perry is going to appeal. What will you say once his appeal is upheld?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Now I have to throw a challenge flag on the use of a still photo on this thing as evidence that Perry hit him in the helmet...looks to me as though Luck's helmet hit Perry's on the recoil from the initial hit.

http://www.packers.com/media-center...-for-hit/b79145d2-a266-4741-9222-cfefc38a371a

It is certainly an individual's prerogative to find someway to justify their pre-held belief ... and, a call is a call and therefore part of the game...but when you're watching the totality of the play at game speed (and even slowed down, but still in motion) ... it was not a good call...I don't think that Perry even led with the crown...when he first hit him, he had his face mask buried in Luck's shoulder - it was picture perfect. Of course, the ref didn't have the benefit of slow-mo and the way that Luck re-coiled and buckled after being leveled by an unblocked LB with a full head of steam...I can see where the ref might make that call. Penalty stands and that's ok because I'm not big on blaming refs for muffing a call at full speed, but ... that's not to say that it was the right call and his being fined was indeed crap.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
That was a textbook hit. Perfect form, wrap up, drive to the dirt. I teach my youth team that exact way. The fine was BS indeed.

I coached exactly the same thing. Neck injures occur when the head is down. This tackle (actually Perry blew him up) started with Perry face mask buried in the chest shield of Luck's shoulder pads. As I said previously, I can understand the ref blowing the call at full speed because of Luck's bodily 'opposite and equal reaction' ... but the fine is not a good call.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
. If you guys don't understand yet that the NFL is trying to eliminate those hits, then I don't know what to tell you.
No they're not. If the NFL was trying to eliminate them then Mark Barron would have been suspended for his hit on Steve Smith. Rather, the NFL picks and chooses who you can hit like that and who you can't.

Members online

Latest posts