permission to be a packers fan

grantkyle2002

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im a ravens fan in baltimore and I am just fascinated with this team and there tempo on offense and defense. I look at your guys offense and wish the ravens had one like that this year. I know Im a bandwagon fan at this point and havent breathed this team since birth but the packers are my last chance to beat the bears jet/steelers.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im a ravens fan in baltimore and I am just fascinated with this team and there tempo on offense and defense. I look at your guys offense and wish the ravens had one like that this year. I know Im a bandwagon fan at this point and havent breathed this team since birth but the packers are my last chance to beat the bears jet/steelers.

Awww, how could we resist that?! You know just the right place to rub us! You are welcome for sure!

For what it's worth, I was rooting for your Ravens against the Steelers. Sorry to see you guys lose, you had a good team this year, hold your head up high and be proud of your team!

Meanwhile, welcome to Packer Nation! :)

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
Another Baltimore area "fan", there are a few of us here, I'm starting to realize. I've been made to feel more than welcome on this forum, I'm sure you'll find the same to be true.

We'll see how things develop here in Charm City, you think the Ravens will make any changes in the off season? I'm hearing some rumbling about Cam Cameron, it'll be interesting to see.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of people pull for the Packers whenever their own team isn't involved. We like 'em all.

OP
OP
G

grantkyle2002

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another Baltimore area "fan", there are a few of us here, I'm starting to realize. I've been made to feel more than welcome on this forum, I'm sure you'll find the same to be true.

We'll see how things develop here in Charm City, you think the Ravens will make any changes in the off season? I'm hearing some rumbling about Cam Cameron, it'll be interesting to see.

I can see cam getting the boot at some point between now and may depending on where the cba goes. I want to see us get younger on defense all over and bring in a new oc to take this offense to the next level similar to the packers and saints. I want to see flacco take command of this offense and I want them to bring in young fast, tough recievers who can spread the field out. I also am tired of them trying to be so much like the steelers in every sense to the point where the steelers look at us and go "oh ok, we got this".

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, you can hop on. Just go outside, turn around three times and spit first! :)

We appreciate the vote of confidence, but remember, we still need to get by the Bears first. That is NOT going to be an easy matchup. We play in their house, the weather is going to be crap, their field isn't really suited to us too well, and we don't know if our receivers are going to show up or not.

I have no doubt we can pull it out, but it's not a given at all.

OP
OP
G

grantkyle2002

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, you can hop on. Just go outside, turn around three times and spit first! :)

We appreciate the vote of confidence, but remember, we still need to get by the Bears first. That is NOT going to be an easy matchup. We play in their house, the weather is going to be crap, their field isn't really suited to us too well, and we don't know if our receivers are going to show up or not.

I have no doubt we can pull it out, but it's not a given at all.

I hear ya, I can imagine the feelings are like what the ravens fans get when its steelers time. I really see though cutler coming out and throwing atleast 3 pickles to ya guys. Forte is hot and cold and if he doesnt get going it will be tough for da bears. I can see a steelers packers super bowl.

SyX

Reaction score
I can see cam getting the boot at some point between now and may depending on where the cba goes. I want to see us get younger on defense all over and bring in a new oc to take this offense to the next level similar to the packers and saints. I want to see flacco take command of this offense and I want them to bring in young fast, tough recievers who can spread the field out. I also am tired of them trying to be so much like the steelers in every sense to the point where the steelers look at us and go "oh ok, we got this".

Totally agree on the getting younger on D. I'd love to see the Ravens make a play at Nnamdi Asomugha. I know Ngata is going to get paid soon, but with Lewis and Reed nearing the end of their Hall of Fame careers, they will have some money in the future. The D backs could certainly use the help. Also wonder if Derek Mason will be back.

Do you think Cam didn't have a system made to utilize the receivers they had this year, or was it something else? To me, Flacco needs a bit more pocket presence. Too many times this year, he stood back, looking for Heap or Rice and held onto it too long and took the sack. Do you think Zorn is the answer for him? I know consistency is helpful, but I am wondering if he's the right fit.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Haha getting alot of these lately....

Just don't change your mind down the road and start rooting for the Vikings

Welcome aboard

LOL!!! I think it will be more Viking fans will be jumping aboard, but I don't think they'll be as forthcoming!

Welcome!

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Permission granted if you answer no to the following questions:

1. Have you ever been or been accused of being a Bears fan?

2. Have you ever been or been accused of being a Vikings fan?

OP
OP
G

grantkyle2002

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally agree on the getting younger on D. I'd love to see the Ravens make a play at Nnamdi Asomugha. I know Ngata is going to get paid soon, but with Lewis and Reed nearing the end of their Hall of Fame careers, they will have some money in the future. The D backs could certainly use the help. Also wonder if Derek Mason will be back.

Do you think Cam didn't have a system made to utilize the receivers they had this year, or was it something else? To me, Flacco needs a bit more pocket presence. Too many times this year, he stood back, looking for Heap or Rice and held onto it too long and took the sack. Do you think Zorn is the answer for him? I know consistency is helpful, but I am wondering if he's the right fit.

I think cam didnt know how to use all the weapons he suddenly had at his disposal. he went from 2 straight years with just mason and clayton and rice to all the sudden having housh, boldin, mason, stallworth, 2 rookie TE's and rice/willis. I also think cam kept playing not to loose too many times and in pittsburgh it came back to bite us hard.
I agree flacco needs to know when the pocket is closing around him and I think watching tape of qaurterbacks like big ben, rodgers and brees will help give him valuable tips in that area. I think zorn is good for flacco but at the same time I think flacco might have the mind set of too many voices in his head and under pressure to not screw it up. He just needs to learn to relax and just have fun playing ball and let it all hang out, take chances on big deep throws. I saw some statistic where flacco is really good when he launched deeps throws this year.

I know alot of people in balmer are ready to give up on him but Im not. people need to realize players like brady and ben are anomalies. I wonder if indy was ready to give up on payton after the 3rd year or if san diego regrets getting rid of brees.

OP
OP
G

grantkyle2002

Cheesehead
Reaction score

no to all the above.

cant stand the bears especially cutler, everything about him just irks me and I did have a big crap eatin grin on my face last year when the ravens smacked them around.

Never liked the vikings ethier, I will say though they provided some great entertainment this year on how not to run an organization.

SyX

Reaction score
Yeah, playing not to lose bit them right in the *** against Pittsburgh, on both sides of the ball. Still can't figure out why, when they were all over Ben and taking him down, they only rush 4 at the end, and then get beat deep.

Can't figure out why I've heard so many people down on Joe here lately. How quickly they forget what we had in Baltimore before he came along. He's still young and had (as you said) a lot more to work with this season. Natural growth, especially figuring out the pocket timing, and some more work with his receivers will do a lot of good.

We'll see if Ozzie can get back to some draft magic, Kindle certainly hurt and Cody was more or less a non factor.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't particularly cheer for any team besides the Packers (I do cheer AGAINST a lot of them).
But Packers fans don't mind people "hoping on the bandwagon". (I'm gonna start speaking for all Packers fans, so if anyone cares to correct me, be my guest) We love to discuss football, and see other fanbases' point of views.

We are very passionate, and a lot of other fans say we are very knowledgeable. Plus, our egos are pretty inflated, we love to see other people recognizing our talent LOL.

Anyway, any support is good support. I think the small town, faithful, polite, good guys thing we have going on for us appeal to a lot of people. This Packers team does it the right way, building through the draft, not selling ourselves for anyone, no matter how big they were.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cant stand the bears especially cutler, everything about him just irks me and I did have a big crap eatin grin on my face last year when the ravens smacked them around.

Never liked the vikings ethier, I will say though they provided some great entertainment this year on how not to run an organization.

That seals the deal right there. Welcome aboard.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why so easy on this one?
The initiation you had me do was a lot tougher and humiliating.

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I can't stand the Bears, of Jim McMahon and his stupid head band. Seriously the gayest thing ever.

The Vikings LOL! BWAHAHAHAHA Oh man you should the amount of bandwagon Vikings fans that exist in Maryland!

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyone not a bears fan and is stuck listening to chicago sports radio like yours truly will probably make you want the packers to obliterate them. oy. but i am pullin for the pack. you guys have been nice round here. i wouldve liked to see the ravens beat the steelers too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts