Percy Harvin on the Packers

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
And Jennings was already *****ing about his touches going down to nothing after Finley showed up. Finley, Harvin and Jennings all fighting for the ball to be thrown their way. Seems like a nightmare for Rodgers to keep em all happy. Big stars = big egos.

Although, I agree, if you had 3 pro-bowl type receivers on the team in their prime (lets be realistic, Finley is a WR playing at TE), fix the O-line, keep the D at this level, GB would be a favorite for the SB no doubt.

Finley, since I brought it up has the best hands on the team! Of all the IR guys, his was the worst. Damn we miss him now!! Arghhhhhhhh

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love for this to happen, but it won't.

Not only would Harvin be a great WR, he can return kicks. When was the last time we returned a kickoff for a TD? 2000? I don't know if any of you watch the Vikings games for kicks a giggles(I do) but this guy is absolutely incredible when it comes to making something out of nothing. He is insanely agile and ridicuously quick. He is tremendous out of the screen game for the Vikings.

It won't happen, but it's nice to dream.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
ummmm no.....He is not a great reciever, he has injury troubles(headaches) and hes a freakin viking, puke.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me too but you cant pass on percy if we had a shot at him. Can you imagin Jennings, Percy, and finely? WOW

I think we did have a shot on him. I agree he's a terrific player when he plays but you can't depend on him playing.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'd be a great addition as a kick returner, which we are in great need. I wouldn't mind seeing him catch throws from Rogers either. His headaches are a very real concern.

No way the Yikes let him go, imo.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ummmm no.....He is not a great reciever, he has injury troubles(headaches) and hes a freakin viking, puke.
You can always tell when someone has not seen him play more than 1 or 2 times. With Rodgers he would be over 1000yds easy. He would be the best slant wr in the nfl. Name 1 wr in the nfl that has the speed he has and half he power?

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has missed 3 games. People act like he has only played 3 games. Rodgers got put on IR his rooking season and he wasnt even the starter. Finley has missed WAY more games :( should be get rid or him?

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Harvin's head

The migraines that hampered receiver Percy Harvin from training camp on -- eventually costing him two games -- haven't been an issue since a trip to the Mayo Clinic in Arizona following his latest episode last month.

"We're pretty much in the clear," Harvin said. "I've got a few checkups, one checkup I've got to go to, but we've pretty much got the plan in order. I've been feeling great. So, hopefully, it can stick out and I've just got to follow the things I've got to follow."

In addition to his time in Florida and with the Vikings this offseason, Harvin said he plans to work out sometime with Green Bay Packers cornerback Charles Woodson, who "told me I was one of the best players he ever went against," Harvin said. "I took that as a tremendous honor."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Harvin's migraine became much less of a problem once he got on the treatment for sleep apnea.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like our slant-game, something that somewhat defined us, has been lacking as of late. Talk about Slant-heaven if we had Percy and Jermichael next year! Is he unrestricted next year?
The slant problem has less to do with the receivers and more to do with the QB.

We were one of the better slant teams (and screen teams) with Favre at the helm.

No idea why, but Rodgers just has trouble with short passes. It's a weakness in his game.

He had big problems with 2 minute drills and with pocket presence as well before. Now those are his strenghts.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Well, just for the sake of argument. Rodgers threw the slants beautifully against the Giants imo.

Members online

Latest posts