Payton Manning

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That guy is good. If (big if) he can continue doing what he is doing, he will rewrite the record books that Favre is rewriting. He is still missing the big win in the big game, but he is damn good. I quickly compared their careers, and Payton has the edge in many categories. The one thing that Brett still has on him is that he has been able to avoid injury, but Manning has a good start on that.

Today against Denver, he looked very good at the end. If Manning is on, there is no team today that can stop him. Didn't they just resign Harrison and Wayne to contract extensions? The guy is good.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think injuries will get to peyton eventually, rather soon i think. no real reason, just a feeling.

peytons a guy DTs might 'accidentally' roll into, cuz hes such a threat.

I like peyton though, hes a stud. they picked on that williams kid all day long today, cuz it works. The Ahmad Carroll Strategy.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Wait, I knew of Peyton Manning and Eli Manning, but now there is also PAYTON MANNING?!

If his brothers are any indication, the Packers should sign him! :p

Cut him some slack. He still has the greatest football player ever to play in the NFL(#34) on his brain. :thumbsup:

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think injuries will get to peyton eventually, rather soon i think. no real reason, just a feeling.

I like peyton though, hes a stud. they picked on that williams kid all day long today, cuz it works. The Ahmad Carroll Strategy.
Brett got hit way more often than Manning does. I hate to say it, but I don't think Brett's streak holds up.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Brett got hit way more often than Manning does. I hate to say it, but I don't think Brett's streak holds up.

It only takes 1 play to get him hurt....

sweetvalleyhigh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a great player, but does he have to be in every commercial I see? It is almost as bad as it was with Michael Jordan years back.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he will rewrite the record books that Favre is rewriting.

Last time I checked, Favre is pretty much second in everything. Don't you have to break records to rewrite the books? If not, then technically everyone rewrites the record books. That being said, Peyton is insane. He plays in a very different offense than Favre ever did, though.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peyton just might break Favre's records yet. I think I remember hearing that earlier this year was the first practice that Peyton had ever missed due to injury never mind games. That is incredible.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peyton just might break Favre's records yet. I think I remember hearing that earlier this year was the first practice that Peyton had ever missed due to injury never mind games. That is incredible.

As long as Favre keeps playing Manning will never break his records. In fact Brett should keep playing til Peyton retires......just to make sure :thumbsup:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:

As long as Favre keeps playing Manning will never break his records. In fact Brett should keep playing til Peyton retires......just to make sure :thumbsup:

My thoughts exactly. I think despite Manning going at a faster pace, Favre will hold them all simply because he played so many years. Favre could play three years after this one. Manning doesn't have the durability that Favre does. Manning's not taken the hits. Just wait until free agency takes away Manning's OL.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's fair to say that Manning doesn't have Favre's durability (see my post above about one missed practice ever). We'll see whether he can play when hurt like Brett can, but he's already #2 in terms of consecutive QB starts and he's not that old. I'd be more curious to see what Peyton can do with average receivers, like the ones that Brett played with nearly his entire career. Pretty easy for Peyton to throw a lot of TD passes when he's got Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne lining up at WR.

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peyton is only 6 years (i think) behind Favre. Seems like it would be more. Not sure the ages that they both came out, but Brett's first year was a basic no show in Atlanta, whereas Peyton put up some numbers. Peyton has that advantage there. Favre has the advantage that he already has put up the 6 years. Like someone said before, it only takes on fat rolling DT to cause an injury.

As for commercials, I love the one where he is getting autographs of all the 'normal' people on his fantasy team. All the other suck.

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a different angle. I think that I would take Manning in his prime vs Favre in his prime. It is close, but that is my personal choice. How about Brady? He has looked good tonight. He has 3 SB rings. He is a definate winner. However, I would take Favre vs Brady, without even thinking very much. Brady just doesn't do it for me.

They say that the knock on Manning is that he hasn't won the big game. Well, if that is true, shouldn't Brady be favored over all???

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peyton is on pace but another six years at the same pace without an injury is still along way off. I say Brett holds his starting record but as for the others, just let's see how far Brett climbs up the record books first !!!

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one thing I think is Peyton is at his peak now but I wonder if he'll be as good as Brett at 35 cause I can see his skills diminishing faster then Brett's. He's never had the rocket arm or quick feet but makes it on accuracy and intelligence. I can see him possibly becoming more like Bledsoe in his older age whereas Brett could possibly play for 5 more years if he wanted too

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
come on. seriously? he's been talking about retiring for 2 years and you think he's going to go another 3 to 5? get real.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry that's not what I was saying. All I meant was is Brett sooner could play longer cause he's always had the rocket arm. I just wonder if Peyton will age quicker but on the other hand as long as he has protection no reason he can't play late into his 30's. A few weeks ago I would of garanteed this would be Brett's last year but with the fun he's had lately I'm thinking possibly 1 more year but not even to sure about that.

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry that's not what I was saying. All I meant was is Brett sooner could play longer cause he's always had the rocket arm. I just wonder if Peyton will age quicker but on the other hand as long as he has protection no reason he can't play late into his 30's. A few weeks ago I would of garanteed this would be Brett's last year but with the fun he's had lately I'm thinking possibly 1 more year but not even to sure about that.

I can hardly wait for the "will he or won't he" this summer...

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm wondering if he will be less unsure this year then the 2 previous. At this point I'm guessing he'll have a good idea the minute the season's over. I don't think there are quit as many variables as last year.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
come on. seriously? he's been talking about retiring for 2 years and you think he's going to go another 3 to 5? get real.

Think about it.

He might as well keep playing until Aaron Rodgers retires. We should have a good replacement by then

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:

I can hardly wait for the "will he or won't he" this summer...

It what you bear fans live for. Your obsession with Favre is being studied by the greatest psychologist of the world!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts