Patriots @ 27 worries me

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Never fear the Patriots, unless you see them with a camera on the sidelines!

Who's in front of the Patriots? Perhaps the Packers can flip picks with them to leap the Patriots?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
There are plenty of Edge Rushers and Lineman in this draft. Besides not only do we have the ammo to make a move and trade up, but the Patriots like to trade down a lot so you never know.

And players are still falling and climbing in the ranks of the first round. I believe Mike Mayock now has Chandler Jones as the #1 ranked OLB/End.

There is no guarantee McClellin will be there or gone when we pick

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
According to NFLNetwork, they are reporting that the Patriots have shown strong interest in Chandler Jones. So maybe McClellin isn't on their radar at all

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Can't remember the last time the Pats took a pass rusher in the first two rounds. Many of their fans though believe THIS is truly the year, that the have to. No other choice considering their weaknesses.

However, the Hoodie often suprises us.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There have been several articles reporting that the Patriots will pick someone at 27 and trade the 31st pick. Then again, it's BB and the Patriots. If TT thinks that the Patriots might take McClellin at 27, and if he really likes him, he should switch spots with the Texans.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Pats almost always made trades. Always. They often make one with the Eagles most seasons too.

The world will stop spinning if NE stays put with their picks in the first round this year.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pats almost always made trades. Always. They often make one with the Eagles most seasons too.

The world will stop spinning if NE stays put with their picks in the first round this year.

I would be amazed if they didn't trade one of their picks. They might even surprise everyone and trade up instead of trading back.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets see, the Pats made two trades with the Packers that I can recall.

1. They traded up with the Packers to select the best WR available. I think his name was Chad Jackson, I'm not sure he is still in the NFL. Instead we used the pick we got from NE and had to settle for WR named Greg Jennings.

2. NE got a second rounds and two third rounders. A very disproportionate trade in NEs favor -162 by some trade value chart. NE got Darius Butler, Derek Cox, and Brandon Tate. We ended up with Clay Matthews and Jermon Merrideth.

TT has NE's number in the draft. Whoever they take at 27, GB will get somebody better.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah... NE is a well run franchise but I don't think their draft instincts are elite.

Members online

Latest posts