Pat Kirwan has Pack taking QB at #30

Reaction score
The reason I posted Kirwan's mock draft is because he was the only one that I can recall who had us taking Justin Harrell last year in his mock. Also, if I'm not mistaken Kirwan was also one of the first people to bring up the possibility of Rodgers sliding down to the mid 20's in the 06 draft. The guy seems to know his stuff.

Kirwan has us taking QB Brian Brohm with the 30th pick.

The Packers could take a corner for the future at this point or even tight end Fred Davis. However, if you're thinking future, Brohm hedges the bet on Aaron Rodgers to replace Brett Favre. Green Bay has a very good team and has already bolstered their linebackers in free agency. A move down would not be out of the question.

Kirwan's mock

I gotta say, reading that made me go "WTF" since it was probably the last position I'd have us picking a player at in the 1st round. The Packers do have a need at QB (#2 QB specifically) but that could be filled with Nall/someone cut after the draft.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Porky88 had Aaron Rodgers going in the 20's in his mock draft too. :)

To the Redskins :lol:

I highly doubt the Packers take Brohm. Reason why I say that is while Harrell was a shocking pick. He was a shocking pick because of injuries not talent. If he was healthy he would've been a top 15 and maybe top 10 pick. You heard Kiper actually say that right when the Pack picked him I believe.

Brohm to me strikes me as an overrated prospect on the decline. I think he's a mid to late 2nd round pick at best. So for the Packers to take him at #30 would be far more shocking than Harrell. It would be as shocking as Miami passing on Brady Quinn last year.

Can't rule anything out though. The Draft should be nominated for the best Drama on Television every year because that's what it's all about. .Packers take Brohm and they basically slap Rodgers in the face. They won't do that but personally I'm a fan of having two young QB's duke it out.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure Brohm is the kind of QB we need, he's got an arm, but lacks accuracy on a lot of the mid range stuff we probably would be running.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt we take a QB that early. Only reason to do it is if he we have serious doubts about rogers.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brohm is...

Tall
Strong
Smart
Mobile
Rocket-Armed

IMO, he'll be a bust.

He'll go to the Ravens when they trade down in the first round.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked. PO'ed, yes, but not shocked. I'd rather pick up Joe Flacco out of Delaware if he drops to the 5th or later.(He won't) I think with decent coaching, he could be the best QB out of this class.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay needs a backup QB, but in the first round is just ludicrous. I've listened to Kirwan on Sirius, and he sounds like an intelligent guy, but this is so far out of left field.

Stranger things had happened though.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Brohm would be a great pick.

Yes, in the 3rd round. The Packers have much bigger needs than backup QB right now.

Ted Thompson doesn't draft by need but by value. If Brohm is available I think he would seriously consider it.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will stab everyone in the front office if we draft Brohm at 30.

The Packers could take a corner for the future at this point or even tight end Fred Davis. However, if you're thinking future, Brohm hedges the bet on Aaron Rodgers to replace Brett Favre. Green Bay has a very good team and has already bolstered their linebackers in free agency. A move down would not be out of the question.

Thinking future?? How about now when we just went to the NFC Championship game. Brohm edges out Aaron Rodgers? Really how is that.... Brohm has yet to play a down in the NFL at least Rodgers has shown growth and potential in the Dallas game and he has been learing for 3 years behind Favre. Has the most overated QB in Brohm been learning from behind Favre? No. Adding Brandon Chillar = Bolstering our linebackers? Wow since when does added a player thats about the same talent level as Poppinga = bolstering? The only thing that was said that makes any sense is a trade back if theres really nothing there. Guys are going to be calling the Packers at 30 if Brohm is still there because they think he is good.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i sure cant see picking a q.b. at 30. we sure have more pressing needs. we need to get a veteran back up just in case a-rod goes down and maybe pick a q.b in the later rounds kinda like ron wolf used to do. that makes better sense to me. but i guess we will just wait and see what happens

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read what Kirwan says first.

If you don't want to, he's just saying that there's all sorts of value in this pick. The Packers are high on Aaron Rodgers, and Brohm would be his immediate backup. If Rodgers didn't pan out or got injured, Brohm would service quite well.

If Rodgers proves to be our QB of the Future, and my bet is that he is, we can trade Brohm much like the way Atlanta traded Matt Schaub.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see it happening. Of course it could happen, but i think we will not go with a QB on our first pick.
JMO

Members online

Latest posts