Pass alot, run little

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the key to beating Dalas is throwing the ball alot. At one point in the Detroit game we had thown the ball 31 times, and only run it 4. We need to get the Big 5 going, the offense seems to never fail in moving the ball when using the big 5. The Cowboys pass Defense ranks 21st, and they would have a long day stopping Driver, Jennings, Jones, Robinson, and Martin. The Cowboys rush defense is ranked 4th, we can use Grant alot more after tiring that Defense down.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i totally agree with ya on this one. And off the topic, i noticed your from Erie, i too am from the erie area just thought that was a little interesting.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i totally agree with ya on this one. And off the topic, i noticed your from Erie, i too am from the erie area just thought that was a little interesting.

That is interesting! Hey, maybe we can get together and watch a Packer game! :pop:

and I'm glad you agree with me. Favre can light that Dallas secondary up.

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh thats nothing new. We are one of the top 5 teams passed on in the league and rank 5th in opponents QB rating(Not good for QBs its bad). We are a very big play defense with a great amount of INTs. Not sure you guys can afford to pass all game like you did with the Lions. If you do so I'd imagine Farve would be eating alot of dirt via D Ware and Ellis and throw a couple of picks as well. Neither of which you guys can really afford.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you have only played one team with a good WR group, and you were beaten down. Green Bay has a great group of WR. It must really suck playing against awesome QB's such as J.P. Losman and Kellen Clemons.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh thats nothing new. We are one of the top 5 teams passed on in the league and rank 5th in opponents QB rating(Not good for QBs its bad). We are a very big play defense with a great amount of INTs. Not sure you guys can afford to pass all game like you did with the Lions. If you do so I'd imagine Farve would be eating alot of dirt via D Ware and Ellis and throw a couple of picks as well. Neither of which you guys can really afford.

Favre has been getting great pass protection, it would be difficult to hold up Ellis and Ware, but I think our guys can do it. Also, Favre wouldn't be eating as much dirt as you think. If we do the big 5 all game, then the cowboys will not be able to send many guys after Favre.

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you have only played one team with a good WR group, and you were beaten down. Green Bay has a great group of WR. It must really suck playing against awesome QB's such as J.P. Losman and Kellen Clemons.

Psh Dallas has played teams with 10x better QBs than what the Pack have played. Every QB is your division but Farve should be a backup. Also your team would get torched just as bad against the Pats , trust me.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uwbadger12000 said:

Psh Dallas has played teams with 10x better QBs than what the Pack have played. Every QB is your division but Farve should be a backup. Also your team would get torched just as bad against the Pats , trust me.

QB(s) ?? The Cowboys played against Brady and he shredded thier defense. You can't name another top notch QB the pokes have face because he doesn't exist.

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowboysfan178 said:
uwbadger12000 said:

QB(s) ?? The Cowboys played against Brady and he shredded thier defense. You can't name another top notch QB the pokes have face because he doesn't exist.

Dallas had played Eli twice (Which is already 5x better than the 2nd best QB is your division) , Mcnabb , Campbell , Brady , Bulger. The only 3 QBs I'd say the Pack has faced that I'd consider good are from the NFC East anyway. NFC North is full of crappy teams/crappy QBs.

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just another elitist Cowboy fan flapping his gums.

I'm simply saying that our division is much much harder than your division and thats the damn truth. We can very well have 3 teams in the playoffs this year and at the very least 2.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kewlbeans said:
Cowboysfan178 said:
uwbadger12000 said:

Dallas had played Eli twice (Which is already 5x better than the 2nd best QB is your division) , Mcnabb , Campbell , Brady , Bulger. The only 3 QBs I'd say the Pack has faced that I'd consider good are from the NFC East anyway. NFC North is full of crappy teams/crappy QBs.

Eli isn't very good, Campbell isn't very good (yet, at least) Bulger is having an off year, McNabb is not what he used to be, and don't forget Green Bay faced him too. The only great QB listed there is Brady, who tore Dallas apart.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever, Green Bay is undefeated against the East. I don't care how weak our division is.

Al Harris and Charles Woodson match up better against New England than Terence Newman and Anthony Henry ever will.

The Cowboy fan is right about not passing all the time though. If we're gonna win the game, we have to not let Dallas get the ball. We gotta grind out the clock for as much as its worth and score TD's.

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever, Green Bay is undefeated against the East. I don't care how weak our division is.

Al Harris and Charles Woodson match up better against New England than Terence Newman and Anthony Henry ever will.

Henry did not play that game and both of our corners have a great chance to make the Pro Bowl.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Danreb said:

Henry did not play that game and both of our corners have a great chance to make the Pro Bowl.

So? If they make the Pro Bowl, the only reason why they'll do it is because of Dallas' popularity. No team's entire offensive line deserve to be in the Pro Bowl. That's called favoritism, my friend. It'll be an absolute disgrace to have a player who didn't play until midway through the season (Newman) make the Pro Bowl.

Last time I checked, Woodson had the most votes.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cowboy fan is right about not passing all the time though. If we're gonna win the game, we have to not let Dallas get the ball. We gotta grind out the clock for as much as its worth and score TD's.

If we have the big 5 going and we throw short passes down the field, we can still run the clock out. Favre had 20 straight completed passes last week, a completed pass = clock keeps running.

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowboysfan178 said:
Danreb said:

So? If they make the Pro Bowl, the only reason why they'll do it is because of Dallas' popularity. No team's entire offensive line deserve to be in the Pro Bowl. That's called favoritism, my friend. It'll be an absolute disgrace to have a player who didn't play until midway through the season (Newman) make the Pro Bowl.

Erm? You can't check who has the most votes so your a liar there.... Plus Newman is up there with the good corners this year with 3 picks and a TD and Henry has 5 INTs and an TD so it would not be a surprise if they both made it. Newman did not miss a whole half of the season I believe it was 3 games.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:

If we have the big 5 going and we throw short passes down the field, we can still run the clock out. Favre had 20 straight completed passes last week, a completed pass = clock keeps running.

Nope. This is the 3-4. Dallas has extremely quick and talented linebackers who will roam the line of scrimmage as well as the second level. The only way to really counter this is to have slot-seam routes. The ones who seem to run that one properly are Driver and Jennings. Winning will require more than just them.

Their defensive line isn't all that big. Interior runs are the way to go because Bradie James is often out of position and Akin Ayodele isn't that great of a tackler.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Danreb said:
Cowboysfan178 said:
Danreb said:

Erm? You can't check who has the most votes so your a liar there.... Plus Newman is up there with the good corners this year with 3 picks and a TD and Henry has 5 INTs and an TD so it would not be a surprise if they both made it. Newman did not miss a whole half of the season I believe it was 3 games.

Time for you to eat crow, check this link out cowboyfan

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2007/11/15/1/

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Danreb said:
Cowboysfan178 said:
Danreb said:

Erm? You can't check who has the most votes so your a liar there.... Plus Newman is up there with the good corners this year with 3 picks and a TD and Henry has 5 INTs and an TD so it would not be a surprise if they both made it. Newman did not miss a whole half of the season I believe it
was 3 games.

Uh -- it's called reading articles.

NFC LEADING VOTE-GETTERS
Offense
QB Brett Favre, Packers -- 458,837
RB Adrian Peterson, Vikings -- 317,388
FB Tony Richardson, Vikings -- 79,499
WR Terrell Owens, Cowboys -- 255,490
TE Jason Witten, Cowboys -- 238,598
T Flozell Adams, Cowboys -- 138,986
G Leonard Davis, Cowboys -- 124,316
C Andre Gurode, Cowboys -- 121,462
K Nick Folk, Cowboys -- 107,372
KR Devin Hester, Bears -- 249,212

Defense
DE Osi Umenyiora, Giants -- 166,529
IL Tommie Harris, Bears -- 96,227
OLB DeMarcus Ware, Cowboys -- 151,589
ILB Nick Barnett, Packers -- 96,140
CB Charles Woodson, Packers -- 137,925
SS Roy Williams, Cowboys -- 108,450
FS Sean Taylor, Redskins -- 93,639
P Mat McBriar, Cowboys -- 85,609
ST Keith Davis, Cowboys -- 70,490

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:
Danreb said:
Cowboysfan178 said:
Danreb said:

Meh consider it eaten....

brnt247

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Favre won't get sacked more than maybe 2 times tops... The offense runs in mainly a 3 step or 5 step drop format. The Lions create more turnovers than the Boys and Favre still didn't throw a pick. When he needs to be accurate and efficient he is.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:
Danreb said:

Nope. This is the 3-4. Dallas has extremely quick and talented linebackers who will roam the line of scrimmage as well as the second level. The only way to really counter this is to have slot-seam routes. The ones who seem to run that one properly are Driver and Jennings. Winning will require more than just them.

Their defensive line isn't all that big. Interior runs are the way to go because Bradie James is often out of position and Akin Ayodele isn't that great of a tackler.

So you are sure throwing all day won't be effective?

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:
Cowboysfan178 said:
Danreb said:
Cowboysfan178 said:
Danreb said:

Meh consider it eaten....

You gotta admit, Woodson deserves it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts