PackOne Limerick Contest !

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A typical Vikings fan season goes like this.

WEEK ONE:

Six consecutive sleepless nights with "real" feeling nigtmares.

Then the game.

WEEK TWO:

Six consecutive sleepless nights.............

Then the second game

WEEK THREE:

Oh, you get it, no sense in repeating myself.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A typical Vikings fan season goes like this.

WEEK ONE:

Six consecutive sleepless nights with "real" feeling nigtmares.

Then the game.

WEEK TWO:

Six consecutive sleepless nights.............

Then the second game

WEEK THREE:

Oh, you get it, no sense in repeating myself.
"Real" feeling nightmares? Must be of them losing the Super Bowl.
Wait...........that wasn't a "nightmare", that was REALITY! :rotflmao: :thumbsup:

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There once was a man from minnesota
Whose play wasn't worth one iota
He through up a pick
In packers hands it did stick
But he had to do it to make his quota

This would honestly be able to do against Chicago, because the vikings really dont have a lot of players worth making fun of anymore, but rex grossman, i could spend a whole day doing that.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Ahhh we are just a few weeks away from an anounced winner... maybe additional people will post some more great Limerick's.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
The Vikings will go on short cruises,
While their team consistanly loses
Don't get their fans started,
It's not nice to tease the retarded,
Their fans just keep making excuses!

Best one Cheesey.
Thank you PC! I have your vote...........hopefully i will get the vote that wins me the contest!!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhh ... what to say about the limerick contest. Firstly, thanks cheesey for bumping the topic. I'm not a big fan of personal bumping, so I thought I would just wait and see if the interest came back. I also was mildly disappointed (mostly just a bruised ego). Once again, I throw a challenge to the site hosts. This contest was moved to the permanent section above the daily threads last year. Why not this year? Legal reasons? :chalflag:

But let's get back to the topic at hand. The contest ends at the last tick of the clock during the first pre-season game. This is usually the point where I don't post much until the off season. I am totally engrossed in gameday, ESPN, and numerous fantasy teams until February. The prizes still stand. Some unique gifts from my boring hometown. And, a ONE of a kind Packer piece - framed in my soon to be closed custom frame shop.

As far as the favorites are concerned - and I know it's boring, READ THE ORIGINAL POST! Your limerick must clearly match the rhythm that was illustrated in the description of the rules for limerick writing. I must stick to this criteria, as MontanaBob, last years limerick host, I believe is an English teacher. To accurately keep the tradition, I must also insist that the original rules remain intact as well.

This being said, I believe that only ONE limerick even qualifies so far. I will let you figure out which one that is, and if you do, emulate it. There are a few funny ones that are pretty close. If you edit your original to stay within the rules, I will allow those entries back in for final consideration.

Finally, RaiderPride never got back to me on judging, so I will ask Montana for a hand. Then I'll declare a winner. Good luck.

EDIT: All words MUST be spelled correctly. 99669.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhh ... what to say about the limerick contest. Firstly, thanks cheesey for bumping the topic. I'm not a big fan of personal bumping, so I thought I would just wait and see if the interest came back. I also was mildly disappointed (mostly just a bruised ego). Once again, I throw a challenge to the site hosts. This contest was moved to the permanent section above the daily threads last year. Why not this year? Legal reasons? :chalflag:

But let's get back to the topic at hand. The contest ends at the last tick of the clock during the first pre-season game. This is usually the point where I don't post much until the off season. I am totally engrossed in gameday, ESPN, and numerous fantasy teams until February. The prizes still stand. Some unique gifts from my boring hometown. And, a ONE of a kind Packer piece - framed in my soon to be closed custom frame shop.

As far as the favorites are concerned - and I know it's boring, READ THE ORIGINAL POST! Your limerick must clearly match the rhythm that was illustrated in the description of the rules for limerick writing. I must stick to this criteria, as MontanaBob, last years limerick host, I believe is an English teacher. To accurately keep the tradition, I must also insist that the original rules remain intact as well.

This being said, I believe that only ONE limerick even qualifies so far. I will let you figure out which one that is, and if you do, emulate it. There are a few funny ones that are pretty close. If you edit your original to stay within the rules, I will allow those entries back in for final consideration.

Finally, RaiderPride never got back to me on judging, so I will ask Montana for a hand. Then I'll declare a winner. Good luck.

EDIT: All words MUST be spelled correctly. 99669.
Actually, Pack93z was the one who brought it to the forefront. (Gotta give credit where it's due!)
I edited my first one, which i THINK brings it to consideration. (I HOPE!)
The second one, I don't think i can "fix" it.
But hey, it was fun anyway!

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey - I think your 2nd one is easily editable. And could be great. Hint: Line 2 and line 4. Different problems, easy fixes.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their team consistantly loses
Don't tease the retarded,

Does that work Packone???

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be being a little generous here but ... I'll give you a hint. Line 2=8 right now. Also on the same line consult your local dictionary,

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be being a little generous here but ... I'll give you a hint. Line 2=8 right now. Also on the same line consult your local dictionary,
LOL! I did'nt have to consult a dictionary.....just had to REALLY look at what i wrote. It's funny how you can miss stuff like that!

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seen a Viking on a big boat
he did not know if the boat would float
he had a few strippers
they undid his zipper
and got a stain on Culpeppers coat

:thumbsup: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

How was that?

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
LOL! I did'nt have to consult a dictionary.....just had to REALLY look at what i wrote. It's funny how you can miss stuff like that!

cheesey - give me your edited version in your next post and your in.

a viking fan just got in too. sad.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well I will try again...

On a cruise down the Mississippi
A team, hoes, and hippies,
When they saw some melons,
They acted like felons,
For the Vikings fondled some nippy.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I will try again...

On a cruise down the Mississippi
A team, hoes, and hippies,
When they saw some melons,
They acted like felons,
For the Vikings fondled some nippy.

BUZZ. Close but no cigar. 99669. Funny though.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their team consistantly loses
Don't tease the retarded,

I think i had "spelt" (spelled)LOL! "consistantly" wrong. I hope this fixes my "airrer" (error!)LOL! :rotflmao:

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There once was a Vike from the “love boat”
Where he stuck his **** down a ho’s throat
He then went to the fins
Where he just couldn’t win
Now his chance of playing is remote

Hope that's not too vulgar for ya

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a Vike fan from south 'sota
'bout Vince.. didn't care one iota
vikesrule said to PackOne
"The Pack is forever done
You might as well move to Dakota"

:rotflmao:

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, there once was a Vike from St. Paul
Who was dumb and as thick as a wall.
While he played like a girl
clad in purple and pearl
his team's record continued to fall.

:)

The clear winner. So many didn't even qualify it was painful. I also threw out any love boat limericks. That is so old news. Cheesey - so close you wouldn't even believe it. It's C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-T-L-Y. It truly cost you the money.

Popcynical - send me your address to my inbox and I will get you out your small prizes as well as your ONE of a kind Packer piece. Your obligations are as follows.

1. You must run the MontanaBob/Popycynical limerick contest next year.
2. You must do a follow up post gloating about the killer prizes you got from Wisconsin.

Thanks to all who played. Thanks to MontanaBob for last years taste of home.

Members online

Latest posts