Packers WR Randy Moss

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is this 'report' saying brett has suggested bringing on Randy Moss or that he would just like the offense upgraded?

I hate offseason sillyness.

I know, he didn't say anything about moss. JUST AN UPGRADE

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The Moss rumor...although many people are getting ahead of themselves....there is some truth to it. It has been discussed but specifics have not. A real important factor that works in the Packers favor is that Moss and Favre have the same agent....which is huge. "

Ted Thompson's and the Raider's interest to get a deal done would be the most important factors but right now that doesn't exist.

Moss and Favre having the same agent is immaterial at best.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actualy the first rumors of consequence started in early June of last year.

I hope no on is holding their breath.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
You guys, its the off season. This is what the off season is about. Rumors. It gives some hope, some something to scoff at and others just something to read an by time til the important stuff happens.

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys, its the off season. This is what the off season is about. Rumors. It gives some hope, some something to scoff at and others just something to read an by time til the important stuff happens.

The Dallas Cowboys are interested in Randy Moss and Jerry Jones is a guy who knows how to get things done.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

The Dallas Cowboys are interested in Randy Moss and Jerry Jones is a guy who knows how to get things done.

lol

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm now officially in the "scoffing" mode. With his attitude, he belongs with the Bengals, not my Packers. I can't see TT taking such a huge risk. He's building for the future. Moss' future is definitely clouded.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have to watch the Dallas games if they picked up Moss.

It would be too funny to see Moss chasing TO or visa versa to take the ball away from the other one.

Now if you could throw two balls every play you might keep them both happy.

Besides we would see more "dropped balls" than a beach full of 70 year old men.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm now officially in the "scoffing" mode. With his attitude, he belongs with the Bengals, not my Packers. I can't see TT taking such a huge risk. He's building for the future. Moss' future is definitely clouded.

Speaking of, when is the 'future' we all keep talking about? I'm not disagreeing with you RG, just curious. Is it when #4 steps away? And if so, what if BF sticks around for two more years? If not, why can't the future be now?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that statement doesn't make sense. are you saying that currently there are no petulant individuals on the Packers team?

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

I dont know if Moss would want to share his talents on the same team as T.O..then I would rather go over to the Packers where I, myself could make a difference, also play with the best QB.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
that statement doesn't make sense. are you saying that currently there are no petulant individuals on the Packers team?

I think he meant to say "diversion" or "distraction" instead. And he could be right. Moss is Moss. Brilliant when he's happy. Moody when he's not. That's why I think Moss is a great fit for us IF Brett's still with us (and HE IS!!!). Playing with Brett would keep him focused and controlled.

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, now that Brett is back, do we go after Moss? and would Moss be more likely to want to play in GB?

Yeah, why don't you go after him.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, now that Brett is back, do we go after Moss? and would Moss be more likely to want to play in GB?

I'm not sure if we go after Moss. Maybe we do and maybe we don't. That's really speculation. I think Moss is more likely to want to come here now as I'm sure he rather play in Green Bay with Brett Favre than without him.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pft.com said:
MOSS TO PACK?

There have been increasing rumors that the Packers might make a move for Raiders receiver Randy Moss. The most concrete evidence of the possibility came earlier today, when ESPN's Chris Mortensen included the rumblings within one of his Sunday NFL Countdown reports.

We can't see this happening, for three reasons.

First, "I play when I wanna play."

Moss uttered this infamous phrase in 2001, and we distinctly recall (but we can't find a link to) a pointed reaction from Favre along the lines of "I wouldn't put up with that kind of sh-t here."

Moss hasn't changed. Unless Favre has, this marriage wouldn't work.

Maybe Favre has changed. After all, he was boo-hooing for Koren Robinson last year after Robinson was suspended for a year due to his inability to stay away from alcohol.

Second, remember Moss pretending to show his *** to the folks at Lambeau Field two years ago? Does anyone really think that the Cheeseheads are clamoring for him?

Third, we can hear Moss right now. "Why do I catch passes from some old man?"

So if this one happens, we'll be shocked.

speedy1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a new spin on the whole Randy Moss thing. On Sunday countdown before the Superbowl. Chris Mortensen reported that Brett Favre told Ted Thompson to aggressively pursue Randy. Oddly enough Randy just signed Bus Cook, Bretts' agent for many years. Could be potentially dominant offence with Driver, Moss, Robinson and Jennings. What nickle back is going to be able to cover the last two. Now find a viable catching tight end and the sky is the limit. Just a thought.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Two very good questions:
1) Yes, we should. I like the idea of 3 solid receivers. Driver's a guy who's not afraid to go up the middle and is more a posession receiver. Jennings is a solid #2. He may however eventually develop into a #1 receiver, but that will probably be in another 2 to 3 years.

We do not have a deep threat. KRob was our deep threat, but anyone planning on KRob coming back might as well have their retirement fund in lottery tickets. Moss is what we lost with J Walker, but better.

2) Moss is a HUGE fan of Favre. End of story.

Members online

Latest posts