Packers WILL make playoffs, the proof is here

Alkalin3trio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack lost, still got a good shot at playoffs. Three easy ones (@TB, SEA, @DET), three must/important wins (DAL, @CHI, and SF) with gb favored to win all of them. They could still lose all the remaining three (BAL, @PIT, @ARI).

MIN, NO, and ARI should win their respective divisions. leaving PHI, DAL, NYG, ATL, and SF for the 2 wild card spots. PHI, NYG, or DAL has to win the east, so one of those team won't threaten GB for a wild card spot. All the east teams have a much harder schedule ahead. Those games including many tough divisional games which should allow GB to take the divisional record advantage. And given the packers play DAL and SF at home they should win and take the advantage over both of them.

ATL more than likely will win one of the wild card spots given ease of schedule with four easy wins (WAS, TB, BUF, @TB). That gives the at least eight wins meaning they just have to win two out of the other six, tho those five games are tough (@NO, @CAR, @NYG, PHI, NO, @NYJ).

SF is the biggest threat considering no team in the east should win enough divisional games to beat out GB. SF has 4 easy games left (TEN, @SEA, DET, @STL) putting them at seven wins. They would probably have to win three out of the remaining five (CHI, @GB, JAC, ARI, @PHI). I doubt they win three of those games and given one is @GB if they lose there they're more than likely out.

Predictions:
#1 NO
#2 MIN
#3 PHI
#4 ARI
#5 ATL
#6 GB

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack lost, still got a good shot at playoffs. Three easy ones (@TB, SEA, @DET), three must/important wins (DAL, @CHI, and SF) with gb favored to win all of them. They could still lose all the remaining three (BAL, @PIT, @ARI).

MIN, NO, and ARI should win their respective divisions. leaving PHI, DAL, NYG, ATL, and SF for the 2 wild card spots. PHI, NYG, or DAL has to win the east, so one of those team won't threaten GB for a wild card spot. All the east teams have a much harder schedule ahead. Those games including many tough divisional games which should allow GB to take the divisional record advantage. And given the packers play DAL and SF at home they should win and take the advantage over both of them.

ATL more than likely will win one of the wild card spots given ease of schedule with four easy wins (WAS, TB, BUF, @TB). That gives the at least eight wins meaning they just have to win two out of the other six, tho those five games are tough (@NO, @CAR, @NYG, PHI, NO, @NYJ).

SF is the biggest threat considering no team in the east should win enough divisional games to beat out GB. SF has 4 easy games left (TEN, @SEA, DET, @STL) putting them at seven wins. They would probably have to win three out of the remaining five (CHI, @GB, JAC, ARI, @PHI). I doubt they win three of those games and given one is @GB if they lose there they're more than likely out.

Predictions:
#1 NO
#2 MIN
#3 PHI
#4 ARI
#5 ATL
#6 GB

I pretty much agree with your analysis, which would send Green Bay to Philadelphia. That would be fantastic game.

But, I'm not convinced Minnesota will get a bye. Their poor secondary is going to catch up to them before it's all said and done.

OP
OP
A

Alkalin3trio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's better than MIN besides for NO right now in the NFC? MIN remaining games are DET, SEA, CHI, @ARI, CIN, @CAR, @CHI, and NYG. Not the easiest but probably win those first three putting them at 10-1 right there. All they need after that is 2-3 more games after that. CIN and NYG having maybe the best chance of beating them but even that...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's better than MIN besides for NO right now in the NFC? MIN remaining games are DET, SEA, CHI, @ARI, CIN, @CAR, @CHI, and NYG. Not the easiest but probably win those first three putting them at 10-1 right there. All they need after that is 2-3 more games after that. CIN and NYG having maybe the best chance of beating them but even that...

Well, I certainly will not disagree with you. However, the history books show that Favre does tend to fizzle down the stretch and he isn't getting any younger.

The one area that everybody talks about as a given - Minny's running game - has got to improve down the stretch because that will make my first point less pointed, so to speak.

Plus, NFL football is so different now. It used to be that a guy could pick out the great teams with little hesitation by mid-season. The problem is, nowadays, certain teams cause match-up nightmares for certain teams. It's crazy. San Fran beats Arizona, pretty much beats Minnesota, gets crushed by Atlanta, beats Houston and stifles Indy. Philly crushes the Giants, lose to Oakland. Arizona smokes the Giants, gets squashed by Carolina. Bears beat Pitt, Pitt outplays Minnesota.

It's absolutely crazy!

OP
OP
A

Alkalin3trio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, nothing is for certain but still can't deny that DET, TB, and SEA are all awful and SHOULD (keyword) be a walk in the park. Maybe SEA but i doubt it. If they beat DAL and CHI tho Id say that theres a 85% chance packers go to playoffs

OP
OP
A

Alkalin3trio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and i wouldnt say PIT outplayed MIN. that game was a INt away from MIN win, a INT that should have been caught by taylor i might add. Id consider PIT to be an elite team. but any given sunday

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Predictions:
#1 NO
#2 MIN
#3 PHI
#4 ARI
#5 ATL
#6 GB
I wouldnt worry about San Fran.. They are folding down the stretch and bad.... They got killed by Atlanta, lost to Houston, and now the Colts... (they lost to Minnesota but should have won that) I know they are losing close games but it just seems that when they face a decent opponent they lose.

I know I am a Seahawks fan so I am bias.... but I wouldnt say they will win in Seattle.... Seattle is one of the toughest places to win in.... And the only reason they beat Seattle last time is because Hasselbeck was injured going into the half... I really dont see San Fran being much of a threat to anyone.

Green Bay wont win the division but they for sure will pick up a wild card... They have lost to some tough teams (Minnesota twice and the Bengals)

The NFC is shaping up to be very competitive.... The Giants, Dallas and Philly who knows who will win that division... That is a toss up....

None the less the only teams Green Bay might lose to from here on are Dallas, Baltimore and Pittsburgh. No way they will lose to the Bears, San Fran, or Detroit.... They play the Seahawks at home so they will kill them...

Packers should finish with an 11-5 record for a wild card spot..

By the way what an awesome game tonight... Even though Greenbay lost the fight they gave was amazing.... Hung around till the very end!!

OP
OP
A

Alkalin3trio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i think the score doesn't accurately portrait the whole game. i think thios game was closer than the one at MIN.

OP
OP
A

Alkalin3trio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and the only reason i say SF is because of the ease of schedule. I think SF is a above average team at best. All the east teams have really brutal Schedules and they play each other ALOT over the remaining games (DAL has only 1 division game thus far, which they lost)

MplsPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay. I'm all up for optimism, but its a little too early to be calling the pack a playoff team. Look at who they've beat so far... the bears, rams, lions and browns. Against a team with any decent pass rush, GB will struggle... bengals and vikings. So to call the pack a playoff team is a little too optimistic in my books.

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay. I'm all up for optimism, but its a little too early to be calling the pack a playoff team. Look at who they've beat so far... the bears, rams, lions and browns. Against a team with any decent pass rush, GB will struggle... bengals and vikings. So to call the pack a playoff team is a little too optimistic in my books.
Good point however the two teams they have lost to are extremely good teams... The Bengals personaly IMO I think will win the division... and Minnesota is Minnesota... They are a top 3 team this year without a doubt next to the Colts and Saints...

It is a bit to early, but Green bay has looked good all year... Their O line is always going to be a problem but with a QB like Rodgers they should be ok... Luckily you guys dont have to face a defense like Minnesotas every week.

Then again Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Dallas have good defenses ... I guess we will just wait and see what happens.

OP
OP
A

Alkalin3trio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sometimes all you need is faith. Faith my dear, faith

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Predictions:
#1 NO
#2 MIN
#3 PHI
#4 ARI
#5 ATL
#6 GB

I agree with everything you said except for #4. Arizona is a woefully inconsistent team right now, I could see the 49ers winning that SLot a lot easier than them. Otherwise I agree.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with your analysis, which would send Green Bay to Philadelphia. That would be fantastic game.

But, I'm not convinced Minnesota will get a bye. Their poor secondary is going to catch up to them before it's all said and done.
yeah but you also said we have a subpar O-line the other day. Our o-line maybe the best in the league. Our defense Held rodgers to under 300 yards and Big Ben to under 200 last week. This offense is loaded so who is going to stop our offense? percy harvin is getting better every week with 250 yards of total offense yesterday. We beat the Saints last year at their house with Journeyman gus ferotte at the helm so keep counting #4 out because like it or not this team is loaded. The Vikings sit at 7-1 with 5 games on the road already. We do not go on the road again until december so I like the chances of possible Dome field advantage during the playoffs.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I certainly will not disagree with you. However, the history books show that Favre does tend to fizzle down the stretch and he isn't getting any younger.

The one area that everybody talks about as a given - Minny's running game - has got to improve down the stretch because that will make my first point less pointed, so to speak.

Plus, NFL football is so different now. It used to be that a guy could pick out the great teams with little hesitation by mid-season. The problem is, nowadays, certain teams cause match-up nightmares for certain teams. It's crazy. San Fran beats Arizona, pretty much beats Minnesota, gets crushed by Atlanta, beats Houston and stifles Indy. Philly crushes the Giants, lose to Oakland. Arizona smokes the Giants, gets squashed by Carolina. Bears beat Pitt, Pitt outplays Minnesota.

It's absolutely crazy!
Pitt outplayed The Vikings? What? Minnesota was beating them like a dog if you want to look at stats. we out rushed them and out threw them. So again I think you are so bias. They scored two defensive TD's at home and they are defending Champs so that was a game that could of gone either way. If it wasn't for the bad call on Duggen for tripping the Vikes win that game IMO. So I don't see where they outplayed the Vikings. Favre drove them the length of the field twice in the last 4 minutes of the game remember.

hummyjohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You simpleton. The "pack" isn't going anywhere but further down the toilet. Hear that sound? I just flushed a huge fizzler turd named Aaron.

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pitt outplayed The Vikings? What? Minnesota was beating them like a dog if you want to look at stats. we out rushed them and out threw them. So again I think you are so bias. They scored two defensive TD's at home and they are defending Champs so that was a game that could of gone either way. If it wasn't for the bad call on Duggen for tripping the Vikes win that game IMO. So I don't see where they outplayed the Vikings. Favre drove them the length of the field twice in the last 4 minutes of the game remember.

The Packers outplayed the Vikings in the majority of the second half, but not the whole game. So they lost. You have to win the whole game and not just on a stat sheet.

OP
OP
A

Alkalin3trio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You simpleton. The "pack" isn't going anywhere but further down the toilet. Hear that sound? I just flushed a huge fizzler turd named Aaron.

Yeah? Simpleton? I want you to re-read what you said and think about it. You sound like an immature moron.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I bet most things you say don't require much though huh?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Minnesota LOST to Pittsburgh.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Rodgers went many of times down the field in 4 minutes during the Pack Vike game, does that mean the Pack outplayed Minn even tho they won?

hummyjohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes they did. I maintain the Vikings are a better team than Pittsburgh. I will say, probably the Ravens were a bit better than the Vikings, and also except for a Favre miracle, the 49er's as well.

All that matters here tho, is we swept the pack. I don't give a **** what happens the rest of the season. So there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts