Packers vs Vikings:Studs n Duds:The never ending saga of a Man and his QB

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs Flynn brought us back from the blink and came up with a Tie.

Lacy hes like a Bull in China Shop

Crosby Nailed critical FGs.

Starks few good runs

Nelson Once again hes been money

Jones again nice catches

Boykin a Gem in the Rough

CM3 bouncing back with several sacks

DUDS

Scott Tolzine. 7/17 just awful. MM made right call

MM Red Zone playcalling.

Run D was crap. Once again Peterson putting up Numbers.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs Flynn brought us back from the blink and came up with a Tie.

Lacy hes like a Bull in China Shop

Crosby Nailed critical FGs.

Starks few good runs

Nelson Once again hes been money

Jones again nice catches

Boykin a Gem in the Rough

CM3 bouncing back with several sacks

DUDS

Scott Tolzine. 7/17 just awful. MM made right call

MM Red Zone playcalling.

Run D was crap. Once again Peterson putting up Numbers.
Studs I agree, I would also give a stud to the 4 women in bikini tops…
Duds, the D'backs/ O,line, Special teams,Tolzien, (This will be the last time I ever mention DC he should have his own Dud threads)Refs seems like their whistles were frozen when the Packer receivers were getting mugged...

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs I agree, I would also give a stud to the 4 women in bikini tops…
Duds, the D'backs/ O,line, Special teams,Tolzien, (This will be the last time I ever mention DC he should have his own Dud threads)Refs seems like their whistles were frozen when the Packer receivers were getting mugged...

Oh yea the Women in Bikini tops. That was some hot action right there I tell you what. Good looking Women too :D:tup:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
the defense held them to less points this time than last time

so in a sense the defense did get better??

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
ummmm

didnt the defense hold them to less points this time than last time? Yes I think they did, so in a sense the defense did get better??

That maybe true but the D let off the gas in critical situations. Had the D held after Pack got FG Pack would of won.

They were better but look at who they are playing. If the D plays good against Lions in 4 days Ill give you the point.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That maybe true but the D let off the gas in critical situations. Had the D held after Pack got FG Pack would of won.

They were better but look at who they are playing. If the D plays good against Lions in 4 days Ill give you the point.

D gave up 20 points in 3 q then Flynn hops in and they only give up 6 ponts in 2 q

I think the def really allowed the Rodgers injury to take the wind out of them...Unprofessional, but Flynn comes in and they kicked it up a notch

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O-Line pass blocking looked bad. I don't know how many times Flynn had to throw the ball away, but he was running for his life 5-6 times. Even when he didn't scramble it seemed like the defense was in his face and the pocket was crumbling around him, knocking down balls ect.

Punt team looked great, we pinned them inside the 10 twice. Just need a defense, any defense (seriously guys, where are you), to hold them there.

Clay looks like he's getting back to his regular self with a few sacks and a couple of tackles, though I did notice him whiff on 2 tackles in the OT field goal drive. Looks like he isn't able to hang on to Peterson hitting the edge as well, which is understandable.

On another note:
Did anyone else seem to notice that the Vikings defense almost respected Flynn and the receivers more when he entered? I immediately noticed they weren't playing the flats and Flynn had a few good dump off plays to Kuhn and Lacy. Also seemed like the running game was blown wide open. Coulda just been me, though.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Gotta add AJ Hawk to the studs list, he played some tough physical football all game long, how's this for a stat sheet 11 tackles one forced fumble and a sack.

Tim Masthay as well, dude was money.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Moron Mike McCarthy for starting Tolzien when all this time he should have been starting Flynn instead.

You DO NOT put a green QB out there with the season on the line.
Put out someone who has experience with the offense before and who can throw TD passes.
We would have had a much better chance in NY and would have beat the Vikings if Flynn had started.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy, man he is a good one! Hopefully he gets the Rookie of the Year.

I really wish someone other than PFF kept track of yards after contact so I knew what his stats were because there was only a few plays today where the O-Line really helped Lacy out

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Oh yea the Women in Bikini tops. That was some hot action right there I tell you what. Good looking Women too :D:tup:
Zartan I am not letting you off the hook You made a (Bold Prediction) saying the Packers will not lose another game..well even though it was a tie it was NOT a win, You owe us all drinks…..

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Poor tackling is always a DUD when a 2-8 puts their cleats all over your D, I will not fault Raji and Pickett they seem out numbered with 5 O,lineman and a running back blocking against them, while on defense they had 4 lineman rushing,DUD, MM could have lost another QB….

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Zartan I am not letting you off the hook You made a (Bold Prediction) saying the Packers will not lose another game..well even though it was a tie it was NOT a win, You owe us all drinks…..

Did they Lose? No they did not. My Prediction is still valid.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
OK Zartan have it your way, I'll stay thirsty, but your perdition said WIN every game, no mention of a TIE, I would like to put my glass back but I'll keep it ready….

A tie is so rare that I dident think it could happen. But Pack are winning out I guarantee it.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to call out the defense again but I saw 6 sacks and multiple tackles for loses. Hmmm! But these same guys let Toby "Freaking" Gerhart rip off 10 yard runs up the middle on a regular basis! Yup, overall a dud!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Ummmm, instead of Stud's and Dud's let rename this to Ud's and Ud's, there were some highlights and want to be forgotten plays. I believe I'm not alone thinking Lacey should be OROY he carried our offense more than any other rookie I've seen. As for our swiss cheese like defense, I was thinking two things, one injuries, two the Vikings don't trust their QB and have an offensive line that is pretty decent, **** the passing game and just hand it off must be their motto. Flynn's numbers are similar to Ponder's and Flynn played less.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You were good on the prediction with the first two sentences, but kind of blew it with the 3rd one. Gray area now.

If you still end up being right the rest of the way, I doubt anyone will hold it against ya.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our offense had 2 chances to win the game, and I expected them to each time.
Last drive of the 4th quarter.
And then the OT first drive.
Settled for FGs both times.
Either time a TD wins it.
But at least we got close. With Flynn.
With Tolzien, it's a Big Ten offense.

Defense took over in OT needing just a stop and we get a win.
And they let the Vikings just march down the field for a FG, which was better than I expected as I thought they'd bust a TD somehow.

Special teams sucks ballz again too.
Where's that forum poster here who liked our special teams again?

I'm giving a dud to Casey Hayward too.
Hamstrings end his season?
That's conditioning, on HIM.
We needed him.

Members online

Latest posts