Packers vs Rams: Preseason Game #2 Thread

D

Deleted member 6794

He got beat twice early, I think by #97 Sims both times, then settled in. He had a penalty later, but all-in-all looked OK after the rough start.

I have to disagree on that. Sherrod looked awful having huge problems with his hand placement and maintaining proper pad level.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Agree, Sherrod could not have looked any worse, a complete FAIL on his part. The QB took some really unnessesary hits because he failed to even make a valiant effort. Just glad he wasnt in there when Arod was in..... I give him one more preseason game to prove his worth, otherwise he would be on the curb.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
He got beat twice early, I think by #97 Sims both times, then settled in. He had a penalty later, but all-in-all looked OK after the rough start.
It was Sims both times early and Sims is a second team DE for them. Also check out how he did on the Janis TD - he nearly got pushed back into the QB. He also got beat to the outside again for a sack, this time by Michael Sam, their third stringer.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

It was Sims both times early and Sims is a second team DE for them. Also check out how he did on the Janis TD - he nearly got pushed back into the QB. He also got beat to the outside again for a sack, this time by Michael Sam, their third stringer.
I see that now. He also whiffed on the play preceding the Janis TD.

OK...he looked bad throughout.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pretty much will guarantee that Sherrod is on the 53 unless he looks atrocious in the final two PS games. They don't have a lot of options, and I'm sure that TT and MM think that he just needs more time to re-acclimate to the game. I'm not necessarily agreeing with that strategy but it will likely depend more on a OT gem being released at cut-downs. But then you're gambling with your primary OT backup much like the QB situation last season.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
He better be glad it's not up to me. My way of thinking : sherrod, you have 2 more pre-season game to prove yourself and man up, otherwise you are gone. I would rather have a salty veteran off the streets as a back up than to have a guy that has missed two years of football and is getting worked over in pre-season. If he is getting his butt kicked in pre-season, what makes anyone think that the regular season is gunna be some magical turn around? It only gets worse. Right now, he is looking like "newhouse 2.0" = no thanks !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts