Packers vs Bears Studs n Duds:Packer Down

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs
Eddie Lacy 150 some yards. Shows this guy is the real deal going down the stretch.

Starks a nice 2nd option for RB to give Lacy a breather.

O-Line pretty good tonight making holes for Lacy and Starks to run through.

Boykin several good catches when he was thrown to.

SP Teams. Nice block punt,Nice coverage.

Duds
Sencica Wallace just awful at QB nuff said

Defense performence was embarrassing Once again Zone schemes fail.

MM for not tossing a critical challenge. That could of been big if that call got over turned.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:

Seneca Wallace, but it's not his fault that he was out there. It was either MM or TT who refused to bring Flynn in a month ago. We all had seen with our own eyes what Flynn can do IN OUR OFFENSE. Who cares that he failed in Oakland and Buffalo this season.... those teams suck.

Mike Neal.
He had a sack on the Bears first TD, and he failed... allowing McClown the chance to throw a seeming prayer on 3rd & 6, that was right to Marshall for a miracle TD and their first score and lead.

Casey Hayward.
His whiff of the large lanky Martellus Bennett early in their marathon-game-clinching drive is what made it go from 4th & 6 to 4th and inches. It cost us the ball, many minutes, and perhaps a chance at a miracle win.....

Tramon Williams.
I've been trying to defend him this year, but it's hard now. He was terrible.

Davon House.
He's not ready for primetime. Still soft.

Don Barclay.
Stay with McClellin on that play that hurt Rodgers. Hold him don't let him go and smash the franchise.

The playcall on that play. Clip the DE McLellin into the inside and free Rodgers up to roll right into space. I called it before the play started. Easier to block em one direction than both ways.

Everyone who should have stopped Forte.
The defense had ALWAYS shut this guy down.
But tonight, he ran wild, which made me lose my fantasy game last minute even though I led by 13 coming in, and I had Rodgers and Jordy.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs
Eddie Lacy 150 some yards. Shows this guy is the real deal going down the stretch.

Duds

MM for not tossing a critical challenge. That could of been big if that call got over turned.
senica wallace DUD really! you have to be relevant to be a DUD he is always a game won 1min 40 sec put him in the game is won QB

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
#1 My studs- the D-line they can only do so much #2 special teams #running BULL BACKS #3 my patience with play calling..
Duds-#1 TT WHAT U thought Aron was super man did 2010 teach him anything when he was out for concussion.#2Dback did you know You have to tackle sometimes #3 TT again TALLER corners might help#4 MM how about a little backbone with challenges #5 DB's TRAMON name will be linked to toast #4 CAPERS REALLY??? at the goal line with 2 D- lineman! your 3 4 sucks!!!#5 tackling coach who do you really work for the jacksonville Jags!!

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Duds

Boykin? One catch for 15 yds...

A MONSTER DUD was Casey Hayward....learn how to tackle!! Now I know why Trashmon is still playing.

Dom Capers another MONSTER DUD. Give up on this zone 3-4 BS, it has NEVER worked.

Seneca Wallace needs to pack his bags...he acted like a rookie, not a 10 year vet. He didn't calm anyone or anything down with his play. Running backwards, not staying in the pocket when guys run right past him, throwing mostly wounded duck passes. No one is going to convince me that Vince Young would NOT have done better than Wallace. He would have. MM qbing school is open for business...pffff.

I am praying that Rodgers is precautionary, but I am a realist. He is out for an extended period. Losing that game? division and conference opponent? No - something is very wrong. Broken collar bone.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks struggles to turn the corner and get up field when running outside. He's run hard lately, though. Who knows how long we'll have him around before his next injury?

Franklin's ball security might make the coaching staff nervous but I wish they would get him a few touches spelling Lacy. Outside of that bonehead fumble, I was impressed by his Cincy game.

I have concerns about Lacy holding up under this work load.

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds - Packer's defensive front seven (well, 6 because Raji was pretty good). Bears ran the ball down the Packers' throats and Mike Neal was basically the only guy pressuring the QB all game. Wallace (not his fault, terrible decision by TT to keep a QB that doesn't fit our system as the only backup, especially with no training camp).

Studs - Lacy, Starks, Barclay and Sitton

Biggest DUD though? McCarthy. How he doesn't challenge the Quarless catch and THEN, his game management at the end was TERRIBLE! Grantland sums it up the best: He let the clock wind past the two-minute warning all the way to 1:14, at which point the Bears ran a first-down running play and miraculously held a Packers player, giving McCarthy a free timeout that he turned down by accepting the penalty. The time stoppage there is far more valuable than the 10 yards, especially considering that the Bears are already in the red zone and more interested in burning clock than they really are in scoring a touchdown. Instead, McCarthy accepted the penalty, giving the Bears another play with which to burn clock

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
Duds: MM's slow motion pitch out play calling in the second half. Lacy was bulling through the gut and around the corner and you start pitching out so slowly everyone including the safeties are in the back field before he can even catch it.
The defence was horrible they couldn't stop an offence that's whole game plan was run get stuffed, throw, throw first down.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Quarless catch would have been overruled. It was close. They need 'indisputable evidence' to overturn and wouldn't have gotten it.

Studs: Lacy, Starks, O-line until T.J. Lang went out. Hyde. Raji, Hawk, Pickett. Crosby: did exactly what he was asked to do.

Duds: Tramon Williams. Blew another interception chance that could have turned the game. Our corners are not good enough, period. Megatron is going to destroy us on Thanksgiving Day. Seneca Wallace: he's too short, weak arm, never been a winner. He'll be slightly better with intensive work with the first team this week, but he's not going to win any games for us. His ceiling is "well, he didn't lose this one for us."

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Starks struggles to turn the corner and get up field when running outside. He's run hard lately, though. Who knows how long we'll have him around before his next injury?

Franklin's ball security might make the coaching staff nervous but I wish they would get him a few touches spelling Lacy. Outside of that bonehead fumble, I was impressed by his Cincy game.

I have concerns about Lacy holding up under this work load.
Eventually teams will once again figure out we are one demisional, first passing now running

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hopeful that a healthy TJ Lang will boost the offensive line and that Wallace shows improvement with a week of practice. These next few games are winnable and our divisional foes aren't juggernauts.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:

Seneca Wallace, but it's not his fault that he was out there. It was either MM or TT who refused to bring Flynn in a month ago. We all had seen with our own eyes what Flynn can do IN OUR OFFENSE. Who cares that he failed in Oakland and Buffalo this season.... those teams suck.

Mike Neal.
He had a sack on the Bears first TD, and he failed... allowing McClown the chance to throw a seeming prayer on 3rd & 6, that was right to Marshall for a miracle TD and their first score and lead.

Casey Hayward.
His whiff of the large lanky Martellus Bennett early in their marathon-game-clinching drive is what made it go from 4th & 6 to 4th and inches. It cost us the ball, many minutes, and perhaps a chance at a miracle win.....

Tramon Williams.
I've been trying to defend him this year, but it's hard now. He was terrible.

Davon House.
He's not ready for primetime. Still soft.

Don Barclay.
Stay with McClellin on that play that hurt Rodgers. Hold him don't let him go and smash the franchise.

The playcall on that play. Clip the DE McLellin into the inside and free Rodgers up to roll right into space. I called it before the play started. Easier to block em one direction than both ways.

Everyone who should have stopped Forte.
The defense had ALWAYS shut this guy down.
But tonight, he ran wild, which made me lose my fantasy game last minute even though I led by 13 coming in, and I had Rodgers and Jordy.
I forgot to add Quarless to the duds list.
His one bobble-juggle drop was very big. Caused us to lose the ball as we punted.
There's not a lot between a W and a L, it's a fine line.
That was a nice play by Seneca, one of the few. A 3rd down clutch play and throw. And Q couldn't catch it cleanly and slid himself out of bounds.

Members online

Latest posts