1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Packers-Vikings

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by El Guapo, Sep 17, 2013.

1. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings Received:
    +339 / 22 / -4
    Gonna respectfully disagree with you on this one. Even injured the Pack are going to win this one handily.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1,015 / 46 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Ponder is not the long-term answer for the Vikings, that's why they made the switch to Freeman. That said, he's definitely better than what Freeman showed on Monday. I agree that it'll be hard for them to compete with us but Ponder makes it more competitive no matter how you slice the cheese
  3. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +879 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    All American lager? Yuengling; right here from good ol' PA.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan USMC4EVER

Ratings Received:
    +1,138 / 72 / -13
    Packer Fan Since:
    They may have some horses, but those horses have been playing like they are ready for the glue factory. There is no way to tell, but I don't see this one as a close game even with our depleted crew. As long as #12 is on offense, we have a damn good shot at winning any game no matter who he throws to..... he makes receivers.
  5. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan USMC4EVER

Ratings Received:
    +1,138 / 72 / -13
    Packer Fan Since:

I'm no freeman fan at all, but the guy had one week to adapt to their system and learn enough plays to get by. He would not have been deemed the starter if he hadnt showed something to the coaching staff in practice. Stats wise from last season, he seems to be on par or slightly better than ponder. I would not count him out, he may just be a slight upgrade once he learns more of the playbook and gets some gel with the WR's. Compared to what we are used to at QB, freeman is turd-ish as well as ponder and cassell....LOL
  6. SoDakPackerFan

SoDakPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    Won't matter. We'll be seeing Ponder. Freeman has a concussion. Uh huh.
  7. jjmcjj

jjmcjj Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +18 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    He don't have a concussion, that's the way he always looks! 1000 yard stare. New here don't know where to find the sarcasm button... Heh heh :cool:
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +98 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Friend of mine on FB likes to add SKOL Vikings to all his comments (even non football related)

So after the Vikings recent troubles I re-wrote the Vikings Fight song for him and posted it :)

Skab Vikings, what a shame,
    Skab Vikings, you dishonor your name,
    Can’t get a first down,
    You can forget about a touchdown.
    Fumble 'em . . . Drop 'em
    Crap! Crap! Crap!
    WTH Vikings? Everyone else can do this with a Salary Cap!
    You'll hear us yell . . .
    K-I-L-L-M-E-N-O-W
    Skab, Vikings, Wow! Just Wow!……
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Poppa San

Poppa San Who me? Staff Member Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +810 / 27 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Visited the Vikings board mentioned earlier and found this gem:
    [​IMG]
  10. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1,575 / 57 / -28
    Packer Fan Since:
    LOVE Rodgers and he is great.

But he's not God and it takes receivers .... I feel too many people give all the credit to Rodgers and not enough to the greatness of the receivers.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +368 / 7 / -0
    I also think the Vikings will play better with Ponder starting because, first, Ponder has been running the offense for the last 2 years and has the experience, and second, this is Ponder's last chance. Either he wins back his starting job on Sunday night or he's riding the pine for the rest of the year and is most likely out of Minnesota.

I'm also concerned that with Finley out the rest of the year, and no Cobb and Jones at WR, we just don't have enough weapons to do enough damage. Relying on Jordy, Boykins and Quarless to get it done is pretty damn iffy. Eddie Lacy will have to have another big day.

As far as the defense goes, if the Packers focus on stopping the run (remember that Ponder's a very good scrambler) and force Ponder to beat you through the air I think they'll be ok.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan USMC4EVER

Ratings Received:
    +1,138 / 72 / -13
    Packer Fan Since:
    Ponder is not gunna be the key to this game....stopping AP will be. If we shut him down and force ponder to throw, that's where the big win for us comes in. He is just as poor as the other QB's they have. We also have film on him and know how he plays. He is one of the least scary QB's to play against. He flat out sucks !!!!
  13. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1,015 / 46 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    While I think Ponder is an improvement (at the moment) over Freeman, I respectfully disagree about the key to the game. I really don't think that it has anything to do with their offense. I think it will come down to Eddie Lacy. If they stack the box and stop Lacy then it will put a big strain on our receiving corps.

AP has been more than mortal this season. While he does have two 100-yard games, that's well off the mark for his standards. In fact, he's rushed for 62 and 28 yards respectively in the last two games with zero TDs. I am in no way saying that our focus should be anywhere else besides stopping AP, but I really believe that for once that will be a manageable task, and that the question will be how much do they score but how much are we able to score. There may not be a high point total, although Aaron loves to throw it around in domes
  14. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1,015 / 46 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    My how quickly fortunes change....
  15. Einstein McFly

Einstein McFly Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +138 / 8 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Am I the only one who thought this game was pretty much our when they announced that Harrison Smith was done? Really, their secondary is horrible without him. The only thing that worries me is that we don't really know what our offense looks like without Finley and how much stuff he opens up matchup-wise for the rest of the receivers.

If the vikes play as listlessly as they did against the giants (which shocked me since it was a monday night game and they knew everyone was watching) then it doesn't matter how AP or Ponder play. Ponder played really well against us once last year but hasn't looked good this year, has been out with injuries and benching for weeks now and his confidence must be pretty low. I think unless their special teams really crush us or our offense can't run without a big athletic pass catcher we should be just fine.
  16. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +121 / 11 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Well actually Vikings crapping out to get #1 pick would probably help them. The Vikings are One Decent QB away from being scary good. If they drop to #1 pick and get a QB they would good.
  17. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +615 / 14 / -10
    they will trade thier 1st round pick to us for tramon williams
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1,015 / 46 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Well it's not like Andrew Luck 2.0 is going to be available in the draft. Bridgewater? Manziel? If Johnny Football went to Minnesota then I'd expect another instance of the Love Boat with some double-donging and running through the okra patch (thank you Fred Smoot): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Vikings_boat_party_scandal
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
  20. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings Received:
    +707 / 20 / -11
    Keys to Packers kicking the crap out of the Vikings Sunday night. And yes I expect that. Anything less and I would be disappointed in the Packers.

1. Josh Robinson. Rodgers will pick on this kid all night. I expect toe see him give up at least 2 TD's.
    2. Peterson's Hammy. He seems to be thinking about it and that is affecting his running.
    3. Vikings O-line. Has been a sieve in pass blocking, and as good as it was last year in run blocking, it sucks this year.
    4. Walsh is hurting so don't expect any 50+ yard FG attempts.
    5. Defensive line. Not stopping the run like in the past. Expect a 100 yard rusher from the Packers.
    6. Ponder is playing QB. If none of the first 5 don't convince you, this one should.

Packer 45, Vikings 10. Rodgers will be on the bench in the 4th quarter.
  21. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +359 / 28 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Packers win by at least 21 points. This w/o Matthews Cobb Finley & Jones
  22. hanskristoffkarl

hanskristoffkarl Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +10 / 5 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    You forgot one:
    7. James Starks is now available. Lacy and Starks will pound, pound, pound, and Franklin will split the seam.
  23. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +403 / 33 / -30
    Packer Fan Since:
    Looks like another dogfight
  24. Poppa San

Poppa San Who me? Staff Member Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +810 / 27 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    I thought one reason to draft Franklin was his receiving. Would now be the time to try him in the Cobb role out of the slot?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Terre Haute Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +176 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Very Possible, Dan115! I want to predict a blowout win like a lot of others on here but I just can't bring myself to want to do it. Queens are a mess, but it's a division road game. When you're expected to win these games handily, occasionally, turnovers, special teams lapses, blown coverages, costly penalties, missed FG's, etc., can add up to keep a game close ("close" in this case means within a couple of TD's I would like to think). Glad I don't bet on games anymore. A game can look like a lead pipe cinch, then..... That said, I wouldn't consider this a "trap" game by no means either b/c Minny just has too many problems. Take care of the ball, wrap-up and tackle......we win in a cake walk and the large crowd of Green/Gold clad Packer fans in attendance can celebrate. A blowout is what I'm hoping for, but I'll say.........

PACKERS 24 VIKINGS 16.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013