Packers v. Vikes game

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
Actually, I don't see how the Pack loses this game. Because of the injuries to the line, we will use the 3-4 defense and our linebackers stink. I see Farve tossing slants to Driver and using your tightends when you're not running Green down our throats.

This current team pretty much quits on Tice when they're down and when that happens,the fans will rain boos down on their heads.

I really hope I'm wrong, but...

It also tends to neutralize the strength of your D, namely Kevin and Pat Williams. That being said, I have no idea which Packers team will show up and the Vikes always give us their best effort so who knows? I still think we win by a TD though (of course I thougt we'd win the first 4 this season too).

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, our only win was at the dome so I have a small hope. I just have no clue whatsoever about my team, just like Tice.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
You are right, Obi...they shot themselves in the foot, in addition to what I consider poor game plans. But, when shot in the foot, down 2 scores with 4 minutes and change left, why no urgency...why the casual huddle up when Favre has spent his entire career, at least his career prior to tje current regime, eating up defenses with the 2 minute drill.

It is a little bit of both, in my opinion.

Oh, c'mon digs - he's not THAT right..... he's as much wrong as he thinks you and I are....period ---- Game plans predicated on taking baby steps are what kills great teams - and like posted earlier on this Forum - with someone more like Holmgren at the helm for the past five years - Brett certainly would have at least two more Lombardi Trophies on the shelf. A definitive SB trophy at the very least for 2003.

Unfound, ? Oh great Obi-1.... // get over it.

Digs and I, are both right... as so are quite a few others in here. Splashing that rhetoric in our direction doesn't gain you any real credibility - try a stepping stone in some other direction.

Somehow - I get the feeling that it's the players who aren't realy buying into the Offensive master plan - ever think about that? We already know the Defense believes in Jim Bates... that's not the issue at this stage of the game... Ravens may have gotten away with one, with Dilfer taggin' along -- but that won't happen ever again.

Offensive scheming needs to be more chess like, it's not checkers at the park!
Sherman "has" been outplaying himself.

** EDIT **

I sometimes wonder - if we had a different Coach, would Brett be getting the Elway treatment? Would he be allowed to call his own plays, or counter whatever the HC has just sent in? Think about it...

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
Actually, I don't see how the Pack loses this game. Because of the injuries to the line, we will use the 3-4 defense and our linebackers stink. I see Farve tossing slants to Driver and using your tightends when you're not running Green down our throats.

This current team pretty much quits on Tice when they're down and when that happens,the fans will rain boos down on their heads.

I really hope I'm wrong, but...
Sorry to quote myself, but what I said here was exactly what happened in the first half. I know Green got hurt, but why did GB go away from the TE and slant patterns? Glad they did,of course!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts