Packers V. Bears

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well here we go Friday night count down to Sunday begins. I feel there are four keys to winning this game.

1. Turnovers: hasnt been the Packs strong suit this year with a Turnover margin of -11 the Pack has to figure out how to hold onto and keep the ball. If the Pack can keep it under one turnover they win

2.Field Position: With the Bear D the Short field will be critical whoever starts out at the 30 or better for the majority of starting drives will come out on top.

3. Coaching: Although Sherman has had a rough year it will be critical for Sherman to outcoach lovie on the offensive side. If he can create some new looks and keep the Bears on thier heels you will see a great upset. If the Pack becomes too one dimesional and vanilla forget about it.

4. Intensity. We all know the Bears D will come out fired up. If Favre can make a a big play to get them dishoveled and over reaching it will be a long day for the Bears if the Bears D starts keying up then watch out.

Tell me what you think

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If some fool tells you he wants the Packers to lose to get a higher draft choice look at the crumpled ruin of Cedric Benson's season All evidence said he was a durable player and first rounder. Held out, screwed up training camp, didn't get on the field, got injured badly.

Samkon Gado has more yards while being active in fewer games. Gado has far more rushing and Benson had zero receiving. In dollars per yard the Packers are ahead with their rookie.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Cheeze but I dont think the point of my post was saying I want the Pack to lose. I want a WIN baby just pointing out some keys I think need to be dont to make it over the hump

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to use our TE's , and throw the screen pass , cuz the bears will bring the heat . Favre will be fired up to play the Bears , i think he will have a good game . He needs to throw the ball away or take the sack and not throw the INT . We can't give Chicago a short field and easy scores. We gotta make Chicago drive the length of the field and get Orton to make a mistake . Our "D" needs to pressure the rookie Orton , KGB needs to be in his face all day . What's the weather prediction for sunday ? Favre 's record is pretty good if it's 32 degrees or below. GB- 16 - CHI -13 . GO PACK !!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TROMADZ Keys to the Game

1. FORCE TURNOVERS - The bears aren't good enough offensively to beat the packers, but lately they don't have to be. If we can force some turnovers off of Orton, Aka worst QB Rating in the league, we will have some extra shots at some points with hopefully good field position. Also, Thomas Jones is playing his best ball of his life, so he should be due for some fumbles. GB has been good at forcing fumbles lately.

2. DON'T COMMIT TURNOVERS - odds are the Bears will get at least one turnover. They are very good, and we are using NFL Europe players. That combo doesn't bode well for us there. But we have to keep this to a minimum to have a chance.

3. KEEP THEM UNDER 17 - The Bears offense sucks. It does just enough to not lose, and let the defense work its magic. However if the Bears can put 17 or more on the board, that fits right into the leagues best defenses hands. As long as this game remains manageable, Favre and company can make this a win.

TROMADZ keys to losing the game

1. PROTECTION - The Bears have the best front 4 in all of football. They rarely even blitz people. Favre will need at least 1 blocker on every pass play. Yes Favre is wiley and a little faster due to offseason core training, but if he doesn't have extra protection, he will be destroyed.

2. NO PULLING GUARDS - It was fun to pull guards on run plays when we had pro bowl guards. Now we have new guys at guard every week it seems. They might be solid(at best) guards, but not good enough to pull constantly and get the results sherman wants. This is what killed us all year on the running game, and against the Bears, it will definitely kill us.

3. DO NOT ABANDON THE RUN - If we run and it does nothing early(which is very possible) do not abandon the run. If one of our NFL Europe RBs fumbles, do not abandon the run! If we become one dimensional in the first half of the football game, we will be made an example of how good the bears defense is for the whole league to see. Sherman has abandoned the run multiple times this season after subpar performances early on, and guess what, we lost those games! We need to stick it to them, so we make them guess, and so we're able to use the playaction pass.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz,
Enjoy the game.
The Pack WILL WIN so don't sweat it and dress dry and warm.(27 Degrees and 19 mph wind). I've gone out on a Limb, but some people might think other with this one, but Sunday night will feel warm and fuzzy .

Pack 27-Bears 13

too bad ....tooo...sad

I still don't see the Bears O keeping(being better) with the Pack's. We'll See with the weather!.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the first game this year that I really don't feel one way or the other about. Each and every game this season I've felt that I kinda knew how the game would play out. Not this time. Can't wait though.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I'm alone here, but I think the Bears are going to win big today. I've watched the Bears the last two weeks, and they are playing very well. And they ought to be fired up after the way the Packers have treated Illinois as their second home for the past 11 years, especially that butt-kicking in the final week of last season. When Lovie Smith arrived in Chicago, he made it his first priority--as he should have--to beat the Packers, and his team did that in week two last season. So I don't anticipate a letdown for the Bears this week.

How can the Pack win? The Bears' weak link is Kyle Orton, a below-average QB who has shown a lot of poise for a rookie, but can probably be rattled. This will be his first game against his team's arch-rival, and he will be expected to pilot his team to a win in front of a rabid home crowd. There will be tremendous pressure on Orton. So I think the Pack should stack up against the run and force Orton to throw early and often. Run some blitzes at him. Mix up some coverages. If he makes one or two mistakes early and his team gets behind, the pressure will increase. The Bears, after all, are not a team that is used to playing from behind.

On offense, it might be best to start conservatively. Play some ball control, see if the defense can coax Orton into making some mistakes. Let Favre get settled in. Then open the offense up more and more as the game goes on, as the Bears start to realize that they really could lose this thing.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post Greg I dont tend to make alot of predictions especially this year with the Pack losing close contest I agree the key is getting out front by at least 10 points.

dren23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've visited the forums of the bears last 5 opponents. Fans at every one of them said their offense would score 20+ points. In those 5 games the bears have given up 52 points total. Over the past 13 years I've never doubted the fact that Favre could score at will against my bears, until today. He just doesn't have the weapons to do it. This will still be a close game, but I think the home losing streak ends today.

Bears - 13
packers-9

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have outgained 9 of 12 opponents including the Bears.

Turnovers hurt Packers again especially the INT before the half.

Kick teams failed especially Sander(beginning of 4th into the endzone for net 18 yards).

Offense let down the Defense again.

Packers have now been outscored this season by 3.

"Unfortunately, we didn't win the game which is what we're supposed to do." said Coach Sherman. "It's in the past and we have to stay in the present."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts