Packers/Titans in game thread

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we have 3 hours before kickoff but I am bored and chomping at the bit. Feel free to post anything you would like to see tonight out of our team. I want too see Peppers and Matthews for a series or two, I want to see Tretter and Sherrod for at least a half. I would like to see our starting offense score a TD on their first possession and then hit the bench. I want too see who can elevate themselves at WR TE ILB S and TE. This is the most excited I have been about a preseason game in a long time.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I just hope no one gets hurt tonight.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea how much I'll watch. Not really committed to preseason games myself.

OP
OP
B

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its actually enjoyable. No stress to win or lose and basically a way to evaluate our young players. I love it!

OP
OP
B

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think backup QB will be very interesting to watch this year. 10 times better than last years mess.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I do every single year before the first game, while I'm prepping. Just informed my wife theres only 26 more weeks until football is done.... Then she gives me a look. lol

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 and out... so far so good. rookie almost blew it... I think sub-consciously he doesnt want to return kicks...

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow. second string not as impressive... lets see some more safety and D-line action. bench Mathews, Peppers.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
our defense makes me smile. special teams not so much... Adams looking like a steaming pile of kick returner. And Shonn Greene out of Iowa. I wanted him in GB. Glad to see him starting in tennessee...

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JC Tretter had a solid game.

I can't see WR Chris Harper making the final roster with his inconsistent hands. Maybe he turns
It around as he was open more than a few times, but it needs to start soon.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Harper has to catch the dam ball. Cant have guys on team that cant catch. They are easy catches too. This is why Seattle cut him. I want to see Janis next week.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
You know I want the Packers to be the best team this year too, but give the guys a bit more credit. First the rain was pretty bad, not trying to use it as an excuse yet how often do they practice in it. Second its the first pre-season game, yes they may be playing this game their whole life yet now for a few of them its their first game in the big leagues. Two muffed punts in the flipping rain? It happens, Harper may have a fantastic game next week, if he doesn't then he can be cut. The best part of pre-season is that if we lose it means nothing but exp for the players. Also it didn't seem like any one crucial to the first team got injured, and that of itself is a win.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I love what the offense came out and did on the opening drive. You cant really dominate a team more then that running the ball right down there throat. I thought the 1st and 2nd team defense looked really good as well. Tolzien played well and seemed to be much more effective then Flynn but I kind of give Flynn a pass as he was out there when it was more of a monsoon.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the one hand I want to blame the rain for some of the issues the Packers had.
On the other, these guys have already played through all sorts of bad weather in pro and college. And if you are really good then you should be able to face and rise above any bad weather challenge.
So while heavy rain can be blamed for some things such as the QB handling the ball, it shouldn't be blamed for everything like the running plays.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts