1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Packers - THE WAY WE HEAR IT....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by IPBprez, Aug 24, 2005.

1. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Okay - I'd like to know if anyone else is still hearing this rot.....

Green Bay

Because the Packers think enough of their WR depth, the level of concern around a thinned defense has heightened to the point that they may consider dealing former second-round pick Robert Ferguson if the right offer comes along.

General manager Ted Thompson hasn
  2. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As much as I love Fergie, I would trade him for Cory Simon in a second, but there's no way the Eagles give up a guy that good for our #3 receiver who's had trouble staying healthy.
  3. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    He's always hurt, trade him.
  4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You need to get value though. You can't just trade the guy for a 4th or fifth round pick next year, which is likely what he's worth. You need to get a guy who can play right now before you get rid of him, otherwise all you've done is make another team immediately better.
  5. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is the kind of deal that makes sense and can be good for all if it is a good DT or TE. Drafting the best player available makes these kind of deals possible.

Of course if you bring in a Joe Johnson or Jamal Reynolds then you have a bad deal. There is no team stocked at DT. There just aren't enough good ones but a lot similar to hunt in ability(not character).
  6. fondypackfan

fondypackfan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Seems like Murphy has been dinged up alot this preseason and hasn't seen the field yet in a game so there is no way I trade Fergie. I don't think Chatman is a very good #3 receiver and if Murphy is a injury prone or a bust we are awful thin at WR.
  7. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings Received:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I disagree on Chatman, he has improved every year and by looks of it in camp, his becomming a good reciever. Fergie's value will have dropped with the heart mummur issue and sorry he "has potential" just not been consistent in the games so far. His eye sight may have a lot to due with that, but let him prove it this year and trade one of the 3 of them in the offseason (Walker, Driver, Fergie) for a high pick.