Packers Super Bowl rings on hold for now

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers will have to wait for some of the usual spoils that come with a Super Bowl title. Bill Pennington of the New York Times notes that the Packers haven’t ordered their Super Bowl rings yet.* The team wants input from the players, and can’t speak with them until the lockout is…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I hope it is as they say and not just Management using it as another way to get over on the players. I side with the owners in the dispute and I would hate to think they are doing this out of spite. For the owners to do something like that would be like modern day slavery. jk Don't take it out of context.:sorry:

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it's not like they're no gonna get their rings ever. Patience is gold. We all know they won, it's in the heart and mind that champions are legacies.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Laughing at the Steeler fan comments. This doesn't take a thing away from the win and the experience. It is pitiful to see them trying to believe it does.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I can see it now, at opening day for the NFL season that there will be an extra long and special broadcast of the SB ring presentation before the league opener. With SB highlights and everything, and because its GB and how awesome everything will go (We could even retire #4 and have it be in the background of things) it will become a tradition. Until some drama queen who was a free agent and got traded or something has to come back to accept their ring.

This lock out is a ticking :bomb:

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Here's another piece on this with a bunch of information:

LOCKOUT CASUALTIES: Green Bay Packers Can't Get Their Super Bowl Rings

Players are traditionally presented the rings at a ceremony in June, but Packers executives and coaches are the ones that have to order the rings, and they're not allowed to contact the players to discuss the design because of the lockout. The NFL hasn't done anything yet to facilitate the process.

And it's not just the rings. The Packers haven't accepted President Obama's invitation to the White House yet because none of the players would be allowed to attend. The players can't appear at school and charity events either, which are normally frequent during the off-season. Events hosted by the team have also been postponed because of the lockout, and Packers fans have been left hanging throughout the proceedings.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
The list of those who are losing just continues to grow. I had not even considered all of the charity events and fundraisers that will lose because of this stupid labor dispute. Its bad enough that the players, the owners, the game itself, all lose; now the children lose as well. Shame on whomever is really to blame for this mess.

Members online

Latest posts