1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Packers,Steelers...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by eastcoastpacker, Aug 29, 2005.

1. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I was just wondering if maybe the Packers could make a deal with the Steelers.They need a rb and we need help on the D. What do you guys think any chance?
  2. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no, because I don't think either team has what the other wants. Which defensive player would they be willing to give up for someone like Davenport or Fisher?

Personally I don't think the Steelers would be getting much more in return than they already have.

Parker will do fine.
  3. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey sounds good. Anyone on here who knows me half way decent, knows I dont like Green. I wouldnt mind if we traded Green for some D....Would be nice but I highly doubt it would happen.
  4. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Of course then we would have no legitimate running game...
  5. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Without Green, who would your starting RB be?? Davenport can't stay healthy in a backup role, so it's unlikely he could handle the beating of being the starter. Fisher is a solid 3rd down back, but hasn't shown he can be a threat as the main guy. Williams had a chance to prove himself last year when Green and Davenport went down, but he got injured early in the game.

So how would you fill the void of losing Green??
  6. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Walt Williams could be a valuable player w/ the Packers, although he'd have no trade potential.

All 3 rbs are tradable, although I imagine their values are a lot close than many would think.
  7. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would not mind seeing the Packers trade Davenport for good value as we will probably lose him to free agency next year anyway.
  8. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    there is some logic to trading one of them because there's a good chance the Packers will lose both, if not all 3 rbs next year (I believe fischer only signed a 1 yr. deal), and then get NOTHING in return.

Granted, I'm not really offering solutions because I'm not too fond of losing any of those guys during the season...so I suppose I'm just playing devil's advocate.