Packers sign Tavaress King?

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Opportunity now knocks: What do we do?The Broncos didn't want to lose him, but had to make a choice! Now what do we do? We can still use a good #5 Receiver who dominated in the SEC last year.

Tavarres King - WR - Free Agent
Broncos waived WR Tavarres King.

The moves clears a spot for Von Miller's return to the active roster. A fifth-round pick, King was just promoted from the practice squad Tuesday and could draw some interest on waivers.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since the waiver process takes time I would hope TT can evaluate White tomorrow and then make a decision on claiming him. I don't think you can feel slighted by him staying in Denver when they proposed adding him to the roster. Remember, he did have his locker cleared and he would not have done that if he didn't think he was coming to GB. Busch league by Elway. Treat the guy with a little class and don't act like he is just a pawn to you.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can the Packers still sign this guy or has the opportunity passed?

I think it would be verrrrry interesting to have Chris Harper and King as our two backup WRs. Harper was a 4th round pick for Seattle that struck out there and in SF, but the guy has potential. King looks for real. Both of them are better than any WR the Packers had on the practice squad IMO.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
ok, for the pure stats guys, dispute this one:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/446/gilbert-brown

He may have been drafted my Minn., but it does NOT state that he played any time for them. I am not digging any deeper than this, but to me it looks like maybe he was drafted then released or traded. So it looks like no real official playing time for Minn. There ya go, that's my poor attempt at a 1 uper
Here you go, a short list of players that were on the Vikings, drafted by the Vikings or played for the Vikings before the Packers picked them up.

Dave Osborn 1976
Keith Millard 1992
Mike Merriwether 1993
Gilbert Brown 1993
Jim McMahon 1993
Steve Bono 1997
Colin Cole 2004-08
Conrad Bolston 2009-08
Koren Robinson 2006-07
Daryl Ingram 1992-92
Allen Rice 1991
Dale Dawson 1988
Maurice Turner 1985
Keith Hartwig 1977
Steve Wagner 1976 -79
Noel Jenke 1974
Ken Duncan 1971

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After 1 week (and the Packers no longer needing a WR) the Broncos cut Tavarres King. This time the Panthers claim him on waivers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/21/panthers-claim-tavarres-king-off-waivers/

I wonder if the Packers put in a waiver claim? We will never know - I would guess not. He was offered a spot and then signed with the Broncos. If he was more excited to play for the Pack, he would have signed then.

Poor bastard. Had the chance to catch passes from Rodgers and be on a team in the hunt for a SB. Now he is with the dregs in Carolina. He must be real happy with Elway.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After 1 week (and the Packers no longer needing a WR) the Broncos cut Tavarres King. This time the Panthers claim him on waivers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/21/panthers-claim-tavarres-king-off-waivers/

I wonder if the Packers put in a waiver claim? We will never know - I would guess not. He was offered a spot and then signed with the Broncos. If he was more excited to play for the Pack, he would have signed then.

Poor bastard. Had the chance to catch passes from Rodgers and be on a team in the hunt for a SB. Now he is with the dregs in Carolina. He must be real happy with Elway.
Serves him right!

Members online