Packers sign free agent

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean thee Brad Jones???!!!:eek:..TT just when i start to think you don't wanna spend any money you go out and bring back Brad jones haha

You got it!!! WTF!!! He and Hawk can take turns diving on the pile. This is not good news. It would be funny if you wern't a Packer fan. :sick:

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think so? They seem to be in love with Hawk tho. Maybe Bishop isn't going to be ready so Jones is insurance?

Jones played well last season. Starter level but not enough to be considered special. I see real value in him. I think him n bishop could be our MLBs

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean thee Brad Jones???!!!:eek:..TT just when i start to think you don't wanna spend any money you go out and bring back Brad jones haha
Hang on we don't know the details. If TT gave him $10M/year this would be a big money free agent then the Packers will be much better. If they didn't spend much, then the Packers won't be much better. As you and others have taught us - if TT would just spend big money on free agents the Packers will magically become better.

H

HardRightEdge

You think so? They seem to be in love with Hawk tho. Maybe Bishop isn't going to be ready so Jones is insurance?

I don't think anybody can know if Bishop or Smith will be ready until they get to training camp/preseason.

Insurance...yes.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll withhold judgment until salary details are announced. Supposedly Jones came to the Packer offices. Maybe it was kinda a surrender call - "sign me and I'll take what you think I am worth". Jones is versatile, and he did the job a little bit anyway when Bishop and Smith went down. On the other hand, I'd take a healthy Bishop and Smith over Hawk and Jones any day. But TT better have gotten him cheap, that's the bottom line.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll withhold judgment until salary details are announced. Supposedly Jones came to the Packer offices. Maybe it was kinda a surrender call - "sign me and I'll take what you think I am worth". Jones is versatile, and he did the job a little bit anyway when Bishop and Smith went down. On the other hand, I'd take a healthy Bishop and Smith over Hawk and Jones any day. But TT better have gotten him cheap, that's the bottom line.

you have to miss field goals and tackles on this team to be overpaid by TT

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Since Jones came to the office. Don't you think the Packers wanted Jones to take a medical exam and also maybe the Packers wanted check out check out out his off season physical conditioning before he was given a contract to sign.
Jones has been with Packers, since he was drafted in 7th round of 2009 draft. By this time the Packers know his value to the team.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ideally I'd like to see Bishop and Smith as our starting ILB's and have Jones and Hawk as back ups.

Really disappointed with Hawk in recent years, he has definitely not stepped up to either his draft value or the contract that he signed.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Brad Jones?? really?? C'mon man!!! Was there really no better replacement out there?

My opinion of brad jone = HE SUCKS!!!

He is WORSE than Hawk in every way shape and form. Jones has a staring problem, he just stares at the offense when they run past him, go around him, and throw passes right past his face for a TD.
The guy is a clown. I hope we draft a guy that comes out of the gates on fire and takes Jones job away from him. Nothing would make me happier.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brad Jones?? really?? C'mon man!!! Was there really no better replacement out there?

My opinion of brad jone = HE SUCKS!!!

He is WORSE than Hawk in every way shape and form. Jones has a staring problem, he just stares at the offense when they run past him, go around him, and throw passes right past his face for a TD.
The guy is a clown. I hope we draft a guy that comes out of the gates on fire and takes Jones job away from him. Nothing would make me happier.

The guy is no where near starting material. Last season he missed nine tackles, got tied up a lot and had major struggles in coverage, giving up 6½ plays of 20 yards or more. Yep he sucks.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Jones has a staring problem, he just stares at the offense when they run past him, go around him, and throw passes right past his face for a TD. The guy is a clown.
IMO this is as foolish and exaggerated as posting Jones is a great LB.
I hope we draft a guy that comes out of the gates on fire and takes Jones job away from him. Nothing would make me happier.
Nothing? Really!? You’re setting your “happiness bar” extremely low: How ‘bout another Packers championship? How ‘bout two? :D

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
IMO this is as foolish and exaggerated as posting Jones is a great LB. Nothing? Really!? You’re setting your “happiness bar” extremely low: How ‘bout another Packers championship? How ‘bout two? :D

Well, good, I'm glad you are exercising your right to have an opinion, just like I did....but you don't see me calling you "foolish" now do ya?

when it comes to replacing brad jones and getting him off the field, my happiness bar is set to low, because I doubt that change will take place and we will be stuck with mr flat feet again.

Gopackgo520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@MikeVandermause: #Packers LB Brad Jones receives 3-year, $11.75 million deal, according to @seankjensen of Chicago Sun-Times: http://t.co/Kghe99CpBv

Ted never ceases to amaze me when he does spend money, it's overpaying average players

Members online

Latest posts