Packers select richard Rodgers

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except for the ones that build and add good players around him. ;) prove it you ask? Ok sure , remember what happen when Brady went down? patriots still won what 11 games? I get your point tho.

And we were winning games with Matt Flynn despite having an injury decimated Defense. The thing about this team, there are about 4 high upside players from the last 4 drafts that are still on the roster and the team hasnt given up on them. What if Nick Perry stays healthy all season and continues showing the pass rush he showed in limited action last year? What if Derek Sherrod makes a full return and Bryan Bulaga is able to stay healthy? This team would get a heck of a lot stronger on both the Offensive line and the front 7 without adding any new players.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never judge a draft pick until we have seen them play. Its really hard to judge a player before they even take an NFL snap. I think its extremely shortsighted and dumb to do so.

So lets wait and see before we anoint this pick a bust.

Plenty of draftsperts panned GBs decision to trade up and get Matthews, but praised the pick of BJ Raji. Now BJ Raji has been a disappointment and Clay Matthews was the best pick of that draft. I also remember plenty of fans calling Rodgers and Nick Collins busts between 2007 and 2008.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I never judge a draft pick until we have seen them play. Its really hard to judge a player before they even take an NFL snap. I think its extremely shortsighted and dumb to do so..
There is no shortage of shortsighted and dumb posters on this forum. I do think we could have gotten Rodgers later but if you're going to be true to your board, you have to make the pick. It was a compensatory pick and couldn't be traded. I find it amusing that there are so many people here that are better at assessing talent than Thompson's scouts.
You'd think we are racking up won - loss records like Buffalo, jax, Dallas and the like.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I was trolling around, looking for reasons to be optimistic about this pick and someone made this interesting point on another Packer forum:
Ossie Newsome picked up Gillmore right after us, he was projected to be picked anywhere from the 4th to the 6th much like Rodgers. So two of the best drafters are at odds with the talking heads big boards. Ill take Ossie's and TTs anaylsis of value over that of pretty much anyone elses

I'm still pretty skeptical of this one but I hope the other Rodgers comes through for us.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I was trolling around, looking for reasons to be optimistic about this pick and someone made this interesting point on another Packer forum:

I'm still pretty skeptical of this one but I hope the other Rodgers comes through for us.
Who is Ossie Newsome?
That must have been from someone in the UK or Canada where they don't use the Z.

You want to get a little more optimistic about this "reach" pick/player? Read the article I post below.

HERE>
Some compare him to Antonio Gates type TE.
Now that's funny.

HERE is a good article about Richard> http://turtleboysports.com/2014/05/...fted-worcester-native-cal-te-richard-rodgers/

And check this out: This Packer fan MOCKED us taking Richard Rodgers back in JANUARY.... in the ____ round> http://footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=540602

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Who is Ossie Newsome?
That must have been from someone in the UK or Canada where they don't use the Z.

You want to get a little more optimistic about this "reach" pick/player? Read the article I post below.

HERE>

Now that's funny.

HERE is a good article about Richard> http://turtleboysports.com/2014/05/...fted-worcester-native-cal-te-richard-rodgers/

And check this out: This Packer fan MOCKED us taking Richard Rodgers back in JANUARY.... in the ____ round> http://footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=540602

It's funny but we got him. I hope they re-sign Finley so he has a year to develop. Packer scouts are real high on Rodgers. They keep saying "how smart he is", and one of the players with "best ball skills in draft". Well see.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As more things come out in the news about these prospects, Rodgers has became one of my favorite picks. He has a lot of potential. Him and Goodson have grown on me a lot. I am starting to not like Janis as much, I don't know how excited I am about Bradford either. I think Janis is going to take too long to get his technique down and I think Bradford is going to get pushed around and outsized too much unless he makes a switch of positions. I like our first two picks and Rodgers the most probably out of all of our selections now. Excited about abberedis too though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I am starting to not like Janis as much, I don't know how excited I am about Bradford either. I think Janis is going to take too long to get his technique down

Just curious, how long is too long? It took Nelson, Jones and Driver years. It takes most players a significant amount of time to become technically proficient.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just curious, how long is too long? It took Nelson, Jones and Driver years. It takes most players a significant amount of time to become technically proficient.

Well, the thing is we´re pretty deep at receiver right now. If he doesn´t show some promise in camp it´s possible he won´t be here in September anymore.

D

Deleted member 6794

As more things come out in the news about these prospects, Rodgers has became one of my favorite picks. He has a lot of potential. Him and Goodson have grown on me a lot. I am starting to not like Janis as much, I don't know how excited I am about Bradford either. I think Janis is going to take too long to get his technique down and I think Bradford is going to get pushed around and outsized too much unless he makes a switch of positions. I like our first two picks and Rodgers the most probably out of all of our selections now. Excited about abberedis too though.

Rodgers has grown on me as well, still don´t like the Goodson pick though.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What I meant was Janis got by with his athleticism in d2 college football a lot more than he will in the pros and some players don't have the mental capacity to change their playing styles enough to be technically sound in the nfl.

D

Deleted member 6794

What I meant was Janis got by with his athleticism in d2 college football a lot more than he will in the pros and some players don't have the mental capacity to change their playing styles enough to be technically sound in the nfl.

Some don´t have the physical capacity to do that as well.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts