Packers select HAHA

H

HardRightEdge

I hope, as time goes by, we will refer to him as Ha'Sean. "Ha Ha" sounds like a precocious 12 year old girl from Hawaii.

D

Deleted member 6794

Perhaps another bit of evidence the front office was quite p*ssed at Woodson for his public criticism of the coaches.

Don´t think that has anything to do with it. There never was a plan to retire Woodson´s number and they probably asked Clinton-Dix to chose a vacant one.

H

HardRightEdge

Coaches got outclassed and Woodson spoke up. They were lost against San Fran especially Capers.
Woodson was publicly critical of the fact there were no adjustments made at halftime. I take that to be the key reason he was unceremoniously sent packing with no offer of a renegotiation.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Before you throw Ted another 'hey you're a great GM' party, look at this. ... How long before you guys come around to the fact that Ted lost what he had?

Dang-it! My wife is going to kill me for cancelling the party. And, I already ordered the green & gold balloons and custom napkins that read, "I luv Ted the GM"...

Oh, well. Better late than never. Thanks for the insight, Whatthehell. You helped me dodge a bullet. I am sure that HaHa has read your post and is crying into his pillow now that he knows he is a bust. What a loser, eh?

BTW, it would be really nice to know which future HOFer that Ted should have picked with #21? Please enlighten us. Thnx.

:rolleyes:

H

HardRightEdge

Don´t think that has anything to do with it. There never was a plan to retire Woodson´s number and they probably asked Clinton-Dix to chose a vacant one.
I would not expect Woodson's number to be retired...there have only been 5 of them plus Favre-in-waiting...a much higher bar than the HOF. But a little respect would have been in order except for the less than amicable parting.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

I would not expect Woodson's number to be retired...there have only been 5 of them plus Favre-in-wiating...a much higher bar than the HOF. But a little respect would have been in order except for the less than amicable parting.

I really don´t know what prompted the Packers to not even try to renegotiate Woodson´s contract, especially after he offered to take a pay cut. But I wouldn´t read too much into Clinton-Dix getting his former number.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marqise Lee.

Marqise Lee would have been a reach at a position of strength. You would prefer that to a player who represents great value at a position of need? Not only that, but you are advocating taking a player early from the deepest position available in this draft. We will still be able to get a very good WR in the 3rd.

First 3 I checked for player rankings, HaHa more highly ranked:
Draftek: HaHa : 14 Lee: 25
WalterFootball: HaHa 12 - Lee 19
CBS: HaHa 18 Lee 25

I like Lee, I think he will be a good player. But HaHa will have a far bigger impact for the defense and the team in general. He was the leader of the nations best defense, directing players where to line up and calling coverages. We do not have a field general on our defense and HaHa can do that. He is not the fastest, hardest hitting, or the best cover guy. He is the best at understanding the game. And he does play fast - more quick twitch - he does hit hard and he is really good coverage guy. He is exactly what this defense needs.

Last edited:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Not too enthused about the pick, feel like he has limited upside and should have produced more interceptions in that defense at Bama. He does play run support well and is a physical player, I just wonder if he's more Bama prime time hype than great player. Hope I'm wrong on this, I will confess that I wasnt a big fan of Eddie Lacy when he was drafted.

I can agree with ya. I was very pleased at how Lacy turned out, but was also concerned because of the two Bama RB flops that came before him. Lets just hope our "Bama luck" holds true.

D

Deleted member 6794

I can agree with ya. I was very pleased at how Lacy turned out, but was also concerned because of the two Bama RB flops that came before him. Lets just hope our "Bama luck" holds true.

Lacy´s the perfect example that it doesn´t matter which college someone played for. All I know is that Clinton-Dix was the best free safety available and he perfectly fits a huge need on the team.

I´m critical of Thompson at some points as well, but I really don´t know what he has to do to catch a break from some of you.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Stop reading into stuff. I never even mentioned TT, did I ? All i said is that I hope he pans out basically and that I am not 100% pleased. And EVERYONE had the right to be skeptical about Lacy, look at the two RB's from bama that preceeded him, they both are sub-par at best. I am hoping for the best with dix and I hope he does start for us on day 1.

D

Deleted member 6794

Stop reading into stuff. I never even mentioned TT, did I ? All i said is that I hope he pans out basically and that I am not 100% pleased. And EVERYONE had the right to be skeptical about Lacy, look at the two RB's from bama that preceeded him, they both are sub-par at best. I am hoping for the best with dix and I hope he does start for us on day 1.

Who else would have liked to draft at #21 the way the draft panned out??? Clinton-Dix was the perfect choice at the time.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
It was basically him or nothing..... I see that, we all see that. He was best player available. Does not mean I have to like it. Have some respect for other peoples opionions. I am not trashing yours, nor am I trashing TT. Just sating not 100% pleased, but it was a no brainer at the same time.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We needed someone to break up the short fade route in the endzone to a tall receiver. Think of Cutler lofting the ball into the corner for Marshall, or any pass to Megatron. Our defensive backfield was not up to the challenge last year. Clinton-Dix is fast enough and tall enough to make a difference on those plays.

Good pick. Hope it works.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before you throw Ted another 'hey you're a great GM' party, look at this. These are stats the Auburn Tigers (One of the two college teams I root for and who run a spread offense) put up against your GM's (I refuse to acknowledge Ted as the GM of the team I root for anymore) #1 draft pick.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/79429/auburns-miracle-return-wins-iron-bowl

And here is what Nick Marshall a run first QB put up against the same Defense. A QBR of 80, and 68% completion percentage according to:

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=333340002

And in case those who usually bag on my posts forgot Colin Kaepernick is a MUCH better QB who runs the spread than the below average SEC QB Nick Marshall. Ted has drafted another first round bust folks. We should have 2 or 3 Superbowl victories in the 2010's we have 1. We should be the dynasty and we aren't. How long before you guys come around to the fact that Ted lost what he had?
We don't have to worry about Kaepernick, turns out he really sucks. As a senior against Hawaii he had a horrible game. He went 14 for 26 and threw 2 picks in the loss. Kaep looked awful and looked loss in trying to figure out a very average Rainbow defense.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My goodness I can't wrap my head around some of the negative posts or "bust" comments I am reading. This was the only pick to be made IMO when you consider all the variables. Without question safety was THE priority when you look at the non-existent statistics from the position last year. From day one Ha-Ha was considered 1 or 1A in regards to S ranking and most of us as well as draft "experts" thought he would be long gone come 21. You can plug this guy in and let him run with the job. He ran a pro-style D at Bama and Saban puts a TON of pressure on his safeties and the kid handled everything more than admirably. Also, as mentioned above this allows Hyde to stay in the hybrid type, Woody position from which I think he can thrive. There is no such thing as a slamdunk at 21 but when you consider the glaring need we had and the quality of player we got in the back third of the 1st I can't help but see how any of us can't be at least satisfied with the pick. I for one am all in on this one and can't wait to see Dix lighting chumps up! Now, make a move and go get Van Noy Teddy! GPG!

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't have to worry about Kaepernick, turns out he really sucks. As a senior against Hawaii he had a horrible game. He went 14 for 26 and threw 2 picks in the loss. Kaep looked awful and looked loss in trying to figure out a very average Rainbow defense.
Perfect in every way! Kids have good games, kids have bad games. Pros have good games. Pros have bad games.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philly fans were ready to behead me after we took him

Very much disagree. He was a 43 left end.

Also, we said TT isn't a BPA guy. BVA

At 6'4 285? No. I can't even remember seeing him projected anywhere other than as a 3-4 end.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember when I posted "Maybe there was a reason HaHa was wearing that packers shirt in the pic he posted?"
That was a joke but who could have seen this coming? I knew pryor's stock was rising but I thought he would still go after Clinton Dix. Now I'm wondering if Pryor will line up at FS or SS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not physical enough.
Yeah, in his first year for sure. That certainly doesn't mean that he's playing out of position. If in season three he's still just a situational pass rusher, then yeah, maybe, but he has a lot better chance of being a three down player than pretty much anyone else on the dline and has almost the perfect build for the position.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think Bucannen will be better than Pryor and haha. I think haha will be a starter from day one but I think Buccanen is an impact player. Great ball skills and instincts and will blow you up . Shoulda took him at 21 and it wouldn't have been a reach. We got a safety so I'm ok with the pick...just ok. Please don't be a bust this defense already is suspect.

Bucannon would have been a reach at 21 and he was a reach at 27. He's a SS and not at all what the Packers need in terms of a cover guy. He'd have been an upgrade over Richardson probably but that's not nearly as valuable a position as FS in the game today much less the NFC north.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah, in his first year for sure. That certainly doesn't mean that he's playing out of position. If in season three he's still just a situational pass rusher, then yeah, maybe, but he has a lot better chance of being a three down player than pretty much anyone else on the dline and has almost the perfect build for the position.

Agreed. I thought Jones would be a good fit at 3-4 DE when he was drafted. He didn't have an impact last year, but maybe the ankle injury he suffered in camp was bothering him.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call me "Ritz McSaltine." I may need to change my avatar:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I feel like the Packers front office struggling with Clinton-Dix's name/nickname would have made a good Chappelle Show sketch. Chappelle in white face always made me chuckle. Has it really been 10 years?:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts