Packers release Barnett

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I don't know why the orange comments have totally made my day!!!

for some reason it just makes me laugh!

bornnraisedwhodat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi guys. Saints fan here.

Earlier today, Barrnet tweeted Jon Vilma to "put in a good word for me"
Not sure if this is just friendly tweeting or if Barnett is engaging in talks with the Saints.

But anyway, us Saints fans were wondering what's the deal with Nick? When you guys were a 4-3, what LB position did he play? Why is he being cut? Is he washed up or are you guys just getting younger at the position? Just trying to get a little scouting report from da Packer fans!:happy0005:

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick plays ILB. Hes been with Packers for 8 years since he was a rookie. He got cut for 2 reasons I can think of, the salary cap being the first and the second is that he has had 2 significant injuries over the last 2-3 seasons. Other than that, he was on his way to becoming GB's leading tackler of all time.

Id like to see him go to a team where he can continue winning.

bornnraisedwhodat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick plays ILB. Hes been with Packers for 8 years since he was a rookie. He got cut for 2 reasons I can think of, the salary cap being the first and the second is that he has had 2 significant injuries over the last 2-3 seasons. Other than that, he was on his way to becoming GB's leading tackler of all time.

Id like to see him go to a team where he can continue winning.

Do you think he could play SAM or WILL in a 4-3?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Do you think he could play SAM or WILL in a 4-3?
He was good in coverage from the middle but wasn't called on much. I think the Saints will get the most from him in situational play. He's flexible and was until a couple of years ago considered one of the best up and comers. I wouldn't be afraid to try him at Sam if he's healthy.
The reason the Packers are moving on is that the team's depth is good enough to look past popular players and move towards the future. He has been injury prone as of late.
Nick was a popular player in Green Bay among fans but he made a stink about a team photo during the week leading up to the SB.
So add it up, high price, injuries (if you're not playing, you're just costing money) and add in that he was selfish during the glory run to the SB you can see he's not a shining star here right now.
It might be enough of a slap in the face to him to bring him down to his old days instead of being a prima donna. It's a coin toss.
Fortunately for Green Bay, we already have his replacement. Looking forward to the fistfight first week with you guys. See you in the NFCCG.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You never got a Barnett jersey, LAG? Well, I have one that I guess I'll be unloading now... if you're interested. :resent:

Thanks but no thanks, GreenBayGal.

Something about Barnett's wild celebrations after some plays he was involved in, that didn't mean squat to the outcome of the game, always left me sorta aloof.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Those wondering how he will be for their team..

Nick is famous for celebrating making a tackle after the ball carrier gained 5 yards..

I dont think he has the ability to shed a block and tackle the Rb on a consistent basis..Never did like his coverage skills..

If I am not mistaken, he has blitzed some and could never get to the q/b, not strong enough if you ask me..

gbsb11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to hold the photo thing against Barnett, possibly could have been handled better on his part, but Packers management should have known to find a way to include those guys who had contributed so much.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Those wondering how he will be for their team..

Nick is famous for celebrating making a tackle after the ball carrier gained 5 yards..

I dont think he has the ability to shed a block and tackle the Rb on a consistent basis..Never did like his coverage skills..

If I am not mistaken, he has blitzed some and could never get to the q/b, not strong enough if you ask me..

Very true. Celebrating making a tackle for a five yard gain when we are down by 21 points. Classic Barnett.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Hard to hold the photo thing against Barnett, possibly could have been handled better on his part, but Packers management should have known to find a way to include those guys who had contributed so much.
It might have been, Barnett opened his yap early. He should have talked into the ear of Rodgers or Woodson. Let the leaders have a word OR he could have called the organisation directly. Instead he made it about him.
You don't know if management wouldn't have found a way. He made it an issue before it was an issue. The photo wasn't taken yet.
Besides, the Packers gave Al Harris a ring. Don't for a second think the organization doesn't appreciate players' service.

Members online

Latest posts