Packers release Arturo Freeman, activate Chris Johnson

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
At cutdown a saftey or two will become available as well, this gives the youngsters some time in the pre-season and we still could pick up a veteran in weeks 3 or 4 (preseason) that have the same skill sets as Freeman.

Think of this, Edwards beat out Freeman last year in Miami, that says it all. Bates used him during camps and the Pack cut him loose to make another team and have a shot to start.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
Think of this, Edwards beat out Freeman last year in Miami, that says it all. Bates used him during camps and the Pack cut him loose to make another team and have a shot to start.

LoL that's right!!!

I bet this was the plan from the start huh, grab Freeman to teach the youngsters then let'em go if he doesn't impress the staff well enough.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still would like a 'reason' why Freeman was released. Someone must have out done him pretty good for this to happen so early in camp. Its only AUGUST! Yikes! CollinsRoman? I like collins...but roman? he scares me..

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I still would like a 'reason' why Freeman was released. Someone must have out done him pretty good for this to happen so early in camp. Its only AUGUST! Yikes! CollinsRoman? I like collins...but roman? he scares me..

did you get a chance to read this one?

http://www.packersnews.com/archives/new ... 7600.shtml

by the way, im with you on Roman starting.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:

According to reports Freeman was too slow and the team felt it would be best to release him now so they can evaluate the younger guys while giving Freeman the chance to get employed elsewhere.

This is the same guy who lost his job to Antwan sp? Edwards so I think he's gonna be sitting for awhile LoL

Members online

Latest posts