Packers re- sign Banjo

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

Safety Chris Banjo has signed exclusive rights offer, one-year deal.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A good yet expected move for Green Bay. I'm glad that they didn't try locking him up for a longer term before exploring other options.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

A good yet expected move for Green Bay. I'm glad that they didn't try locking him up for a longer term before exploring other options.

True, he´ll only make $570,000 and the Packers will have exclusive rights on him next offseason as well.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

He would not have been able to sign with another team though if we hadnt signed him correct?

If the Packers would have tendered him he wouldn´t have been able to sign with another team. If the Packers decided not to tender him he would have become a free agent.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Good, I still am waiting fort he announcer to say Banjo with a pick. Only for comedic value. Hope he develops into a good needed safety for us. I've heard he is similar to Bush, great ST effort.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we've got Burnett back for sure, and I think Richardson and Banjo will fight it out for the last safety spot.

That probably leaves 1-2 safety spots open. One needs to be a high end player, either through an early round pick or through free agency. It sounds like Hyde will play a role of somewhat of a corner/safety hybrid.

Latest posts