Packers/ravens Super Bowl?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really too soon to say anything. Right now, those look like the 2 best teams, but just too soon.

As for Flacco, he's a good young QB. He's not pathetic as some paint him, he has some great assets, nice touch on the ball, arm to make all the throws, great work ethic.

But he's not an elite QB, he's not in the same level as Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Brees...

I'd take Stafford over Flacco any day. Stafford's arm is special. He's also not elite, the mental part of his game is nowhere where it should be.

It's funny. A guy that has the mental aspect is Ryan, but Ryan's arm is bad. He simply doesn't throw the ball well, he's not accurate, he's not strong, but he makes a lot of good decisions, particularly pre-snap, where Flacco and Stafford struggle.

A lot of promising QBs, but the gap between the elite QBs and the rest is quite large. And that makes all the difference, specially in the postseason against great defenses.

That's why I'm still not sold on the Ravens. I've yet to see from Flacco the ability to lead his team, and teams will confuse him in the playoffs.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really too soon to say anything. Right now, those look like the 2 best teams, but just too soon.

As for Flacco, he's a good young QB. He's not pathetic as some paint him, he has some great assets, nice touch on the ball, arm to make all the throws, great work ethic.

But he's not an elite QB, he's not in the same level as Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Brees...

I'd take Stafford over Flacco any day. Stafford's arm is special. He's also not elite, the mental part of his game is nowhere where it should be.

It's funny. A guy that has the mental aspect is Ryan, but Ryan's arm is bad. He simply doesn't throw the ball well, he's not accurate, he's not strong, but he makes a lot of good decisions, particularly pre-snap, where Flacco and Stafford struggle.

A lot of promising QBs, but the gap between the elite QBs and the rest is quite large. And that makes all the difference, specially in the postseason against great defenses.

That's why I'm still not sold on the Ravens. I've yet to see from Flacco the ability to lead his team, and teams will confuse him in the playoffs.

true. Its funny though, we all claim so many quarterbacks are "special" or they have special arms etc etc, but how many of them really turn out to be true?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
If the Texans are the AFC dark horse I will lmao.

They can score with anyone and it was just a matter of the D gelling. On another forum a Colts fan made a good point to me. Mario getting hurt could be a blessing in disguise. He was not a good fit for that new 3-4 D wade runs. Reed is playing great there. That loss to Oakland they had was a choke job.

Like I said, it's just a matter of their D getting it going and they are improving under Wade now.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's gonna be...

Rodgers vs. Smith
Rodgers vs. Brees
Rodgers vs. Brady

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
i thought the same in 2009... :D

Yeah, that was a 13-3 team led by a guy who could have been MVP.

I did however think the 2007 Giants would miss the playoffs for a while there. Turned out OKAY for them. :D

BTW I don't hate the Saints at all. I actually like Brees an awful lot. If we had to lose to any QB outside of Rodgers I could deal with it being Brees.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that was a 13-3 team led by a guy who could have been MVP.

I did however think the 2007 Giants would miss the playoffs for a while there. Turned out OKAY for them. :D

BTW I don't hate the Saints at all. I actually like Brees an awful lot. If we had to lose to any QB outside of Rodgers I could deal with it being Brees.

ouch, that one hurts.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
ouch, that one hurts.

Sorry man... This is not time to rub salt in the wound of a Colts fan though lol. Are you watching the game right now? This is bad even for our standards. And why are we running the no huddle offense as if Painter is Manning?

Honestly, the SB loss was not as painful as some others, not even close. The loss to the Steelers following the 05 season was the worst ever to me. By far. That one still gives me nightmares. That team was too good to lose that early. We blew it. And when we lost to past Pats teams I always felt like we lost to better teams in their house. The Steelers loss is the worst.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes you can be very overrated, people give Tom Brady all the credit but look at the amazing receivers he's been givin to work with give the receivers some credit and stop giving Tom Brady so much.

Obviously he had Moss and Welker together for a few years, but compare the guys he won 3 Super bowls with to the guys that Manning or Warner won 1 Super bowl with. It's not even close. In comparison Brady was working with nobodies.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes you can be very overrated, people give Tom Brady all the credit but look at the amazing receivers he's been givin to work with give the receivers some credit and stop giving Tom Brady so much.

Like Deion Branch? I mean I think he was the best WR he had when he won those 3 rings. Or you mean Randy Moss? I think Brady saved his career and Tom didnt miss a beat without him (even though he might be the most talented WR of the modern era, with Rice being the hardest working). Or you mean Wes Welker? Because Brady made him. Did I miss anyone?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Pats system and whatever the heck they do makes me jealous at times, I respect it. They can develop backup QBs too. They build a team.

BB is one of the best coaches ever for sure. I can't put it all on just Brady even though Brady is one of the best ever too. They have both benefited from each other.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
For me with Brady it's at times he has so much time to throw I think any QB could look good. (although the Jets and Cowboys got to him plenty)
They had better D's though in their SB winning season's.

Exactly, give any quarterback the time that OL gives Brady they will look good.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Obviously he had Moss and Welker together for a few years, but compare the guys he won 3 Super bowls with to the guys that Manning or Warner won 1 Super bowl with. It's not even close. In comparison Brady was working with nobodies.

What receivers did he have when he threw for 50 touchdown passes?

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Baltimore Ravens? Meh. Joe Flacco must play better. I'm not even sure they're going to win the AFC North, much less the AFC.

The Ravens defense is vulnerable. You just got to spread them out. New England would give them fits. I think Buffalo could too.

Vinniemack84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, give any quarterback the time that OL gives Brady they will look good.

That's such a horrible argument. It works both ways. Brady has lots of time frequently because D's fear him so much that they drop into dime packages against the Pats. So often there is a 3 man rush against the Pats, because if you blitz your playing a dangerous game...he torches blitzes very very often. Unlike lesser QB minds, say Vick, who can't figure out how to beat the blitz. This argument to me really jus screams of "I hate Tom Brady and don't wanna give him credit"...dude is one of the best ever, with a resume that may have him as the best ever. Such a silly argument.

buckshotrob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
idk the saint just dropped 62 on the colts i kno the colts are bad without manning but still 62 is impressive my nfc pick is the pack of course but i think the afc is up for grabs this year

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Baltimore Ravens? Meh. Joe Flacco must play better. I'm not even sure they're going to win the AFC North, much less the AFC.

The Ravens defense is vulnerable. You just got to spread them out. New England would give them fits. I think Buffalo could too.

Yep, the Steelers are not done yet either. I have felt the last two weeks they are not done. They are going to hang tough. A team like them can get dangerous by years end if overlooked.

And the Jets might have saved their season today if they can build on this. I have seen this crap before with them. They lose to NE in NE. They lose to Baltimore. They always struggle in Oakland. They get some lucky wins. They get called frauds and SOJ's. Then they sneak in and go in upset mode.

I am always worried about teams like the Jets/Ravens/Steelers in the underdog role. They handle it perfectly.

And don't look now but the Chiefs are 3-3 and one behind in the West.

Oh and Buffalo? I seem to always forget them now. *shrugs*

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
That's such a horrible argument. It works both ways. Brady has lots of time frequently because D's fear him so much that they drop into dime packages against the Pats. So often there is a 3 man rush against the Pats, because if you blitz your playing a dangerous game...he torches blitzes very very often. Unlike lesser QB minds, say Vick, who can't figure out how to beat the blitz. This argument to me really jus screams of "I hate Tom Brady and don't wanna give him credit"...dude is one of the best ever, with a resume that may have him as the best ever. Such a silly argument.

I don't "hate" Tom Brady what so ever, I just simply think he is overrated. I give him so much credit for the throws he makes I can't deny he's an amazing quarterback probably one of the best like you said, definitely in the top 5 in the NFL right now, I just simply think people don't give enough credit to the OL and Receivers

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I don't "hate" Tom Brady what so ever, I just simply think he is overrated. I give him so much credit for the throws he makes I can't deny he's an amazing quarterback probably one of the best like you said, definitely in the top 5 in the NFL right now, I just simply think people don't give enough credit to the OL and Receivers

There is certainly nothing wrong with giving credit to the team around a QB at times. I have done it plenty. The Pats don't always protect him as well as people think though IMO, depends on the opponent. The Giants SB was alone one of the worst jobs they have done protecting Brady, the Cowboys/Jets both got pressure on him. In the Jets playoff loss last year Brady had to take a lot of sacks since nobody was open most of the time.They still have had some great veteran o lineman over the years and have a great veteran o line coach though.

Nothing wrong with giving the other guys some credit too. It's not always discrediting Brady and putting his all time status down either.

People praise the Packers receivers all the time. I don't think that takes anything away from Aaron. He can't catch his own passes and block for himself either. As good as any QB is, he still needs a team.

Vinniemack84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is certainly nothing wrong with giving credit to the team around a QB at times. I have done it plenty. The Pats don't always protect him as well as people think though IMO, depends on the opponent. The Giants SB was alone one of the worst jobs they have done protecting Brady, the Cowboys/Jets both got pressure on him. In the Jets playoff loss last year Brady had to take a lot of sacks since nobody was open most of the time.They still have had some great veteran o lineman over the years and have a great veteran o line coach though.

Nothing wrong with giving the other guys some credit too. It's not always discrediting Brady and putting his all time status down either.

People praise the Packers receivers all the time. I don't think that takes anything away from Aaron. He can't catch his own passes and block for himself either. As good as any QB is, he still needs a team.

Giving credit to an Oline is one thing...saying "any QB could do that if he was given that much time" is nothing but nonsense. Great QB's have quick releases and thus protect their Oline as much as the Oline protects them. They also torch blitzes and cause D's to rush less and drop more into coverage. Its one thing to praise another position, its an entirely different thing to try and use that as a back handed way of saying you disagree with pretty much every pundit / Steve Young / Joe Montana / Belichick who say time and time again that Brady is the best. I mean, Montana had an all world O line and HOF players all around him and people never make the argument he is overrated. He also has Bill Walsh who was the Belichick of his day. He even said, He is probably one of the best, at least top 5. Right there that is like saying to someone, hey your not un-attractive. Not really a compliment.

I just don't understand fans who presume to know more than the guys who are paid to know more or who played the game. Brady is just good enough to know when a D isn't rushing but 3 guys, on those plays he takes every second he can to find the best throw. Thats patience. Most qb's hurry throws, they don't stand in the pocket for the full amount of time allotted to them by their Olines.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think New England is AFC's favorite. Baltimore doesn't seem to have a consistent passing offense. You can't just expect Ray Rice to run over 120 each week especially in December and January.

Staff online

Latest posts