Packers ranked 5th in NFL by S.I.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he hit on something that has been discussed very little here and that's Brett's completion percentage. He is ABOVE what they targeted him for at the beginning of the season.

While many are so focused on the poor run blocking this guy has us #5 in part because the passing phase of our offense is that good. Notice he didn't say this rating was all about how good the defense is.

We have an offense that asks the QB to read the defense and come up with a play for positive yards based on what he predicts the defense is going to do after the snap.

Pretty much opposite of four yards and a cloud of dust. More like four yards and a defender shaking his head in disgust.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre completed 76% of his passes and connected on 14 consecutive. That is impressive. As much as I like to rib you guys, if he plays like that all season long I don't see any reason the Packers wouldn't be representing the NFC in the super bowl.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
They have all the 2-0 teams in the top five. If we lost I bet we would bounce back out of the top ten.

We would have been outside the top 10 if we weren't 2-0

I agree. If we were 1-1 we wouldnt be in the top ten. we probably wouldnt be in the top 20

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Z is justing putting the Packers that high so when they lose, he can drop them and blame it all on Brett Favre. :)

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
does any1 think that where ranked to high?

No, I don't. At this point in the season, I feel that we have been a great team. Of course, 2-3 weeks later, it could be totally different. But, as of now, I think it's fair.

HomerJay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
does any1 think that where ranked to high?

My first thought is yes, but then looking at the teams that are 6-10.....I think it's deserved. But as Dodd said, that's as of now. I'm interested to see what we look like going into our bye in Week 7...

(after putting down Washington 27-3 :) )

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre completed 76% of his passes and connected on 14 consecutive. That is impressive. As much as I like to rib you guys, if he plays like that all season long I don't see any reason the Packers wouldn't be representing the NFC in the super bowl.
Wow.......we will turn you into a Packer fan by the end of the year! :D

It's funny how many here were saying "Favre's an old man! He's washed up! Put Rodgers in! Favre is hurting the team!"
I wonder where all those people are hiding NOW!
Here we have a VIKING fan that recognizes that Favre still as "it!"
(And shows CLASS in admitting it!)
Yet some of our own people were calling us "Favre lovers" for sticking with the guy.
Me, i have ALWAYS said i will admit when Favre shows he is done. But as of yet, i sure haven't seen it.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have all the 2-0 teams in the top five. If we lost I bet we would bounce back out of the top ten.

Texans (2-0) ranked 11
49ers (2-0) ranked 13
Lions (2-0) ranked 16

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a pretty remarkable thing for Dr. Z. He really hates Green Bay and has a huge hate on for Favre. He's the guy that said a few years ago that if Brett kept playing and throwing INTs, he wouldn't vote for him for the Hall of Fame on the first ballot.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Z is justing putting the Packers that high so when they lose, he can drop them and blame it all on Brett Favre. :)

I agree to a certain extent...Z is not usually one of my favorite "in the knows", but I wouldn't think (IMHO) that he would be premeditated enough to put them there, just to drop them like a hot potato then blame Favre. Don't get me wrong, if we lose against the Chargers, we're sinkin like the Titanic...

Wait, I'm an idiot...I just saw the smile at the end of Porky's quote...I'll shut up now.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was amazed that Dr. Z got through his power rankings without making a snotty remark about Brett Favre, but I think you've figured out why. It's fun to see the Packers up at #5. It's really too early to tell whether or not they deserve it, but I can't say that anyone below them deserves it more.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The thing is that a running game is so important, especially if you get a lead in the 4th and want to finish the game off. Also you've got to have that doubt in the D's mind of what you are going to do. If it's obvious that Brett's going to be passing, the D co-ordinator's will send most of their front line through every time.

Latest posts