Packers Rank 5th in NFL Most Popular Team Poll

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure what their rankings criteria is, but overall, we are 3rd from my research.

#1 is Dallas
#2 is Pittsburgh
#3 is Green Bay

Factoring in good and bad seasons, these are the top 3 no matter what.
I can't accept having us any lower than 3rd. I won't read their bullschit.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hate bandwagon fans btw. BORN AND RAISED A PACKER FAN! :rabbi::preach::victory::acute::scout_en:

OP
OP
D

Dizzle498

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure what their rankings criteria is, but overall, we are 3rd from my research.

#1 is Dallas
#2 is Pittsburgh
#3 is Green Bay

Factoring in good and bad seasons, these are the top 3 no matter what.
I can't accept having us any lower than 3rd. I won't read their bullschit.

According to the article, the rankings are "scientific." They take the local and national TV markets, users on the team website, and times the team is mentioned on the internet for an entire year and add them all up to get the ranks. TV is based on total viewers, not average viewers, more national TV = higher rankings. Explains why the Seahawks and Rams are so low. Well, that and they suck.

Here is an excerpt from the article
In a first of it's kind study (because it does not involve human interaction like the Harris Interactive Poll), Nielsen put together a completely scientific ranking system to judge the popularity of each NFL team. The factors taken into account include local and national TV rankings, how often they are mentioned on the internet, and how many visitors come to each teams official website.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are 5th, in 2009, calculated in large part by how many national broadcasted games the team was.

Those are HUGE points. Like the article says, if the game had high ratings, the teams benefited from it. It does NOT shows fanbase. It shows audience and current marketeability.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
NM, read the article which makes my previous statement irrelevant.

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly it really don't matter about the popularity. Hell, every game will be sold out and most Packer fans are hardcore and bleed green and gold and thats all that matters. I think that itself draws in alot of fans too.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year I went to the Boys' website to check out the monstrosity that Jones built. Doesn't mean I think the Boys are popular, does it?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year I went to the Boys' website to check out the monstrosity that Jones built. Doesn't mean I think the Boys are popular, does it?
Good point, JBlood.

Your right that it doesn't distinguish.
People watch games just to watch a game even if they aren't fans of either team.

Members online

Latest posts