Packers put Perry and Neal on PUP list

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow who would believe it: Neal and Perry on the PUP list those guys are never hurt! Seriously if an ironman is someone who plays with pain or never gets hurt what do you call Neal and Perry?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
And so it begins…:cautious:

Perry and Worthy aren’t a surprise because they didn’t participate in the OTAs or minicamp. But what’s going on with Neal and Guion? They participated in minicamp, didn’t they?

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unbelievable! Im 51 years old work in a factory 40 to 55 hours a week and never miss a day. These guys have been off for 6 months and cant even show up for work ready to go on day one? WEAK!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unbelievable! Im 51 years old work in a factory 40 to 55 hours a week and never miss a day. These guys have been off for 6 months and cant even show up for work ready to go on day one? WEAK!

lol, good use of sarcasm, you almost got me there for a second

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worthy and Neal prove the old adage "the bigger they are the harder they fall". Maybe it's time to move on without them.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy said during the press conference that Neal and Perry are close to returning, Worthy will take some time.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
McCarthy said during the press conference that Neal and Perry are close to returning, Worthy will take some time.
Lol, Ted's already stashing players out of the reach of others after first day of camp. Gives him more time to look at Mulumba, Palmer, Bradford, Boyd and other young D-Linemen before making a fish or cut-bait decision on vets. Ted knows he's got much deeper talent than most and can play the season out this way in quarters and chunks.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Good news on Neal and Perry but I’m still wondering about Guion.

Jerel Worthy is in real danger of being waived. If the Packers waive Worthy, (according to rotoworld.com) his accelerated signing bonus would cause a $655,710 cap hit. His salary this season is $748,928. I wonder if it’s even worth it to “hide” him on IR if he can’t get healthy?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Good news on Neal and Perry but I’m still wondering about Guion.

Guion has a hamstring injury, no timetable on return yet.

Jerel Worthy is in real danger of being waived. If the Packers waive Worthy, (according to rotoworld.com) his accelerated signing bonus would cause a $655,710 cap hit. His salary this season is $748,928. I wonder if it’s even worth it to “hide” him on IR if he can’t get healthy?

The Packers would actually save more than $400K by releasing him. As far as I know they aren't allowed to waive him as long as he's injured (except if both parties agree on a settlement). It's possible he'll start the season on the NFI list with his lower back injury, but I don't see him making an impact with the Packers anymore.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These guys are freaks. They are bigger stronger faster than muscles ligaments cartiledge are meant to support. Some guys genetically might be able to hold up better.....look at Favre. Sure some of it might be mental, but mostly is physiological. Getting mad at players or ridiculing them because their bodies break down is ridiculous .... So is comparing playing in the NFL to a desk or factory job. These lists are all management tools and I'm sure GB is making prudent use of them.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These guys are freaks. They are bigger stronger faster than muscles ligaments cartiledge are meant to support. Some guys genetically might be able to hold up better.....look at Favre. Sure some of it might be mental, but mostly is physiological. Getting mad at players or ridiculing them because their bodies break down is ridiculous .... So is comparing playing in the NFL to a desk or factory job. These lists are all management tools and I'm sure GB is making prudent use of them.
This is the smartest statement that I've read on here in years. Surely the masses will take exception to it.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Perry pretty much equals Brent Fullwood, at this point. Mike Neal ... while injury-prone, at least played in all 16 games last season and was disruptive and productive, for the most part. He at least shows some fire and passion for the game when he's out there.

Nick Perry? Fullwood never had chronic injury issues, but he sure as hell collected his first fat paycheck and from that point forward, could have cared less about the game. No heart, no desire, no nothing. That's what Nick Perry sure is coming off like, as far as I can see. The dude just looks like he doesn't care and that's when he's healthy, which is almost never.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Neal is going to be just fine. Perry might not even have a place to play and is going to provide depth. Worthy needs to go away.

Worthy = Worthless

Last edited:

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, Ted's already stashing players out of the reach of others after first day of camp. Gives him more time to look at Mulumba, Palmer, Bradford, Boyd and other young D-Linemen before making a fish or cut-bait decision on vets. Ted knows he's got much deeper talent than most and can play the season out this way in quarters and chunks.
My exact thought. He stashes tallent on the PUP every year. He also puts rookies on IR if they so much as stub their toe:) I love the strategy...

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neal is going to be just fine. Perry might not even have a place to play and is going to provide depth. Worthy needs to go away.

Worthy = Worthless
Despite watching him destroy the Badgers among others, while at Michigan state. Im forgetting to mention him in my predictions... not good. send him to MN.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Relax. Lots of teams have players on the PUP list this time of year.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Perry pretty much equals Brent Fullwood, at this point. Mike Neal ... while injury-prone, at least played in all 16 games last season and was disruptive and productive, for the most part. He at least shows some fire and passion for the game when he's out there.

Nick Perry? Fullwood never had chronic injury issues, but he sure as hell collected his first fat paycheck and from that point forward, could have cared less about the game. No heart, no desire, no nothing. That's what Nick Perry sure is coming off like, as far as I can see. The dude just looks like he doesn't care and that's when he's healthy, which is almost never.
I think Perry just wants out of Green Bay.
I think he is going to get his wish.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Perry just wants out of Green Bay.
I think he is going to get his wish.

I'm not really sure what you mean. This isn't the 80's, when even the worst player on the team, likely didn't want to be in Green Bay. This is now ... going on 20+ years of franchise stability, a rock-solid leadership group, arguably the best GM-head coach chemistry in team history (yes, even better than Wolf-Holmgren, because Holmgren wanted Wolf's job after about four years), while McCarthy has absolutely no such desires, the best QB in the NFL, if not the best player in the NFL, is on the team, playoff-caliber roster, great community, great facilities, etc.

What kind of moron player would not want to be in Green Bay right now? I don't see Nick Perry having any more fire in his belly to be a good or great player, anywhere in the NFL. That's what it looks like to me, or at least that's the vibe he sure gives off.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what you mean. This isn't the 80's, when even the worst player on the team, likely didn't want to be in Green Bay. This is now ... going on 20+ years of franchise stability, a rock-solid leadership group, arguably the best GM-head coach chemistry in team history (yes, even better than Wolf-Holmgren, because Holmgren wanted Wolf's job after about four years), while McCarthy has absolutely no such desires, the best QB in the NFL, if not the best player in the NFL, is on the team, playoff-caliber roster, great community, great facilities, etc.

What kind of moron player would not want to be in Green Bay right now? I don't see Nick Perry having any more fire in his belly to be a good or great player, anywhere in the NFL. That's what it looks like to me, or at least that's the vibe he sure gives off.
He made it clear prior to the draft that he didn't want to play in a 3-4 defense but that's what he ended up with in Green Bay.
I think he had trouble getting his brain wrapped around moving to OLB and he,s not happy about his current situation..
I'm not saying he wants out because of the team or the city.
I think he wants out of the system and maybe land on a 4-3 team with a position he would be more comfortable in.

I think you are right on with the "fire in the belly" part.

Members online

Latest posts