Packers prepare for life without Bulaga

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Earlier this week, the Packers were “gathering information” about right tackle Bryan Bulaga’s hip injury. The information is now in, and it’s not good. Pete Dougherty of the Green Bay Press-Gazette reports that the Packers could be without Bulaga for several weeks, or possibly for the rest of the season. The Packers are off this…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say, if we can avoid any more o-line injuries, I think we'll be fine. Lang has turned into a very good player. He looked decent at tackle even back when he was a screw-off. For two years now, he's been all business and it shows. Filling in at RT after Bulaga got hurt, he played better than I've seen from Bulaga all season. And EDS has turned into a solid player; did just fine at LG.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than the depth factor I don't see the loss of Bulaga as of much consequence. I was very disappointed in his performace this year.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't see how losing a no. pick to injury is no big deal.
Add on Sherrod, Perry, Justin Harrell. We probably should just trade the pick each year.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't see how losing a no. pick to injury is no big deal.
Add on Sherrod, Perry, Justin Harrell. We probably should just trade the pick each year.

Nobody's saying that at all. What we're commenting on is the drop-off in play from Bulaga-Lang and Lang-EDS. That Bulaga has had a very rough year and that Lang and EDS have really stepped up. Nobody said it wasn't a big deal. And you're only one who brought up anything other than the offensive linemen directly affected by Bulaga's injury. Nobody mentioned anything about draft position. The comments have been positive; looking at the bright side of a bad situation. And you took it to a negative place. If that's the sense you're getting from this conversation, I don't think you're perceiving things correctly.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The negative side of this is that we have one less lineman and really no one else to insert if anyone else falls apart.
Evaluating the change after Bulaga went out against the Arizona Cardinals is not any convicting evidence that we'll be better. The likes of Suh, Fairley, Tuck, Peppers, Melton, Osi, are on the schedule. How can average lineman handle All-Pros.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The hopes of our post-season and the health of our franchise QB are now relying on the precarious state of our OL! I don't want to know the names of the backups and I will be asking for divine intervention for continued good health for Newhouse, EDS, Saturday, Sitton and Lang. ;)

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The negative side of this is that we have one less lineman and really no one else to insert if anyone else falls apart.
Evaluating the change after Bulaga went out against the Arizona Cardinals is not any convicting evidence that we'll be better. The likes of Suh, Fairley, Tuck, Peppers, Melton, Osi, are on the schedule. How can average lineman handle All-Pros.

Again, nobody is disputing that. It just hadn't been brought up. So while the mood of the comments have been looking on the bright side, just because the negatives haven't been brought up doesn't mean people don't see them, don't acknowledge them, or don't care about them. In fact, that people are making the effort to look on the bright side tells us that they acknowledge that there is a downside. Looking on the bright side is predicated upon an acknowledgement that there is a downside. Something bad happened, yes, we all know that. I (and I know I don't speak for just myself here) have chosen to focus on the positive.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not much the Packers can do at this point. Trade deadline passed and there aren't any all pros out there waiting in the wings. Hopefully Sherrod can fill the need.