[packers] Packers Add Cam Newton’s Brother To Practice Squad

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers have added a well-known name to their practice squad. Cecil Newton, a guard and center who is the brother of Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, was picked up by the Packers this week. Cecil Newton, who played his college football at Tennessee State, has spent time with both the Jaguars and the…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw this on Packers.com and I knew the name was familiar.

Try as I might, I can't dislike Cam Newton. I think he's going to be a great one. Team him up with younger skill players than Steve Smith and Jeremy Shockey, and how scary would that offense be?

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, he has skills. I'm just an angry USC fan, I still believe that their is a double standard in NCAA. We got hung out to dry with the Reggie Bush case.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Try as I might, I can't dislike Cam Newton. I think he's going to be a great one. Team him up with younger skill players than Steve Smith and Jeremy Shockey, and how scary would that offense be?
Yeah, he made a believer out of me, and I was the staunchest of the Cam Newton haters. I agree. If they had a Ted-Thompson-like general manager with a nose for talent in the draft, and they get an array of good receivers and some physical defensive backs, they can become contenders of the NFC South. What do you do with talent? You develop it further and build around it.

As for the signing, I'll just say this: Nepotism doesn't get you far in the NFL. I mean, look at how horrible Casey Matthews is playing in Philly.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
ALOT of the credit has to go to Ron Rivera. Living in San Diego, I know ALOT of Bolt fans wanted Rivera to take over for Norv Turner. He's the type of coach that commands respect (old school/hard nosed) Cam needs that, someone who doesn't care if he's the #1 pick or what you've done. You MUST continually preform for a guy like Rivera and that's only going to make Cam better.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy was in Saints' training camp. He is raw, but I heard some decent things about him. Pretty decent pick up IMO.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ALOT of the credit has to go to Ron Rivera. Living in San Diego, I know ALOT of Bolt fans wanted Rivera to take over for Norv Turner. He's the type of coach that commands respect (old school/hard nosed) Cam needs that, someone who doesn't care if he's the #1 pick or what you've done. You MUST continually preform for a guy like Rivera and that's only going to make Cam better.

Hell if the Bear's were smarter they would have made him HC over Lovie

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score

Younger Jeremy Shockey? He's been playing ten years, and seems to always be getting hurt. And this is Steve Smith's 11th season. Yeah Driver's been at it 13 years but he's the exception, not the rule.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like News Bot is back.

Welcome back Ron. Place wasn't the same withoutchya.

But I gotta say, your brother Hal is the pits. Almost killed one of us by sending him on an errand he didn't need to go on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts