Packers on the hot seat

D

Deleted member 6794

I guess I'm less optimistic about him because I think there is little chance he'll be better than Bulaga or Bahktiari and Barclay appears to be a very adequate replacement at more than one position which leaves him in competition with all the others. I would expect that some one in that group is likely to impress enough that it puts Sherrod squarely on the bubble.

I think the Packers will keep eight OL though and it seems like Sherrod had a nice start to camp.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I guess I'm less optimistic about him because I think there is little chance he'll be better than Bulaga or Bahktiari and Barclay appears to be a very adequate replacement at more than one position which leaves him in competition with all the others. I would expect that some one in that group is likely to impress enough that it puts Sherrod squarely on the bubble.
Sherrod showed promise right before his injury, and we still need a backup LT, which we really don't have other than Bulaga. Plus, I have yet to hear of any of the Rookie OL impressing, much less impressing enough we can't hide them on the PS.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
A. Rodgers, after the injury last year if he doesn't do well this pre-season we should cut him.

Though hopefully last year was his off year. I'm feeling Bush may be on the hot seat this pre-season.

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
This preseason will be an important one for Sherrod. Still high hopes for him.

Perry for sure gets more time. Production has been low due to injury, but you also have to remember that he played D-End in a 4-3 defense at USC. Capers and MM obviously understand that with having him play OLB in a 3-4 in the NFL there is going to be a pretty substantial learning curve.

Jerel Worthy needs to get the hell out of dodge.
Agree!