Packers must start at step one

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to add that it goes both ways as well. If the Pack had finished 12-4 in '05 TT would not have gotten a lot of credit for it in my eyes.

It just seems a little to convenient that the '05 record often gets shoved entirely on TT's plate and he's forced to eat a meal that was cooked by MS in the first place.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to add that it goes both ways as well. If the Pack had finished 12-4 in '05 TT would not have gotten a lot of credit for it in my eyes.

It just seems a little to convenient that the '05 record often gets shoved entirely on TT's plate and he's forced to eat a meal that was cooked by MS in the first place.

That's absolutely correct. Had the Packers had a banner year in 05 then it shouldn't have been all on TT just as 05 as it turned out shouldnt all be on TT.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Another good point, warhawk.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Cliff said:
Zero2Cool said:
Cliff said:
Why are you avoiding my question? Name another NFL replacement GM who went 12-20 in his 1st two seasons as GM then turned it around to be successful? To make it easy, let's say in the Super Bowl era.

When you answer my question, I will answer yours.

You asked Cory, not me.

I'm not in disagreement with you on that. I'd put money down that it hasn't happened. With that said, how many times had a 3 - 13 year came back the next year an played in the NFC/AFC championship game? Hasn't happened til this year, right?

I'm not even saying Ted is perfect. He made mistakes. Keeping Sherman, getting Manuel, letting Wahle go, etc... He's not perfect, no GM is. See I'm intelligent enough to understand that and accept it.

The New Orleans Saints were a better team than 3-13 last season. The circumstance surrounding the flooding in New orleans and the fact that they had no home field to play was obviously the reason for their poor record in 2005.

During Ron Wolfs first 32 games as Packers GM, the Packers went 16 - 16.

What moves could have been made by Ted to make us a better team the last two years with a better record?

There were several things that could have been done in '05 to make the Packers a better team (that have been gone over here ad nauseum), Zero...

Personally, I think TT messed with the O-line in '05 so Sherman would tank, and he would have a good reason to get rid of him....things could have been done in '05 to make the team better that weren't...

I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves with the team on the rise stuff...

I say wait til' the end of this year to see whether this team can beat any teams with winning records, or can win at all if Favre retires....

You're kidding right? These conspiracies to undermine the organizations success would have resulted in swift repurcussions from Harlan and the board.

Thompson didn't need any reason to get rid of Sherman other than the two didn't see eye to eye. Sabatoging team results for personal goals is ludicrous.

So far, while every move hasn't been perfect, his changes with the personell of the line have been to the betterment of the team as witnessed by the improvement of the line throughout this last season

\
APOLOGIES TO ALL!!! Especially PAck66!!!

I had responded to pack66 post regarding Ted. As a moderator, I also have an edit button that is right next to the quote button.I accidently hit the edit button instead of the quote button. It is a very similar process from there. What you all read in Yellow was my response. I publicly apologize to Pack66!

So please don't give him the hard time. Twas I!!!

Sorry Pack66!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I had responded to pack66 post regarding Ted. As a moderator, I also have an edit button that is right next to the quote button.I accidently hit the edit button instead of the quote button. It is a very similar process from there. What you all read in Yellow was my response. I publicly apologize to Pack66!

So please don't give him the hard time. Twas I!!! [/color]

Sorry Pack66!

I did that a time or two as well, lol. I got bagged hard for it so I jus took the lumps instead of admitting that someone as experienced with forums as I am could make that mistake. BUT now that someone else did I don't feel so bad :p

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff you forgot to mention the standard excuse uttered by the "we need a change" crowd: Mike Sherman ruined the team. TT came in and said they had no "core talent"(a lie), so HE would oversee the overhaul of the team and build 'CORE' talent.

So far, he's landed one All-Star(Hawk-no brainer), one free agent off the scrap heap(Woodson-only after severe goading by fans and other managers) and a couple of o-linemen.

He also re-signed Kampman.

Never mentioned by the ROTTT(Reign of Ted Thompson Terror) apologists are: the 2005 draft which has produced little outside of maybe Poppinga, including the #1 pick. Marquand Manuel(didn't Ted over see this guy in Seattle?) He pissed off Javon Walker so he left.

Chris Mortenson reported today Favre is leaning toward coming back, as he thinks the team is possible in the playoffs next year. Really?

How do you explain the losses to the Bears, Jets and Patriots and throw in the Eagles, too? They beat up on some lousy teams in December and the Bears let them do a walkover in a meaningless game.

The schedule next year is tough. We'll see whether the Reign of Terror will produce anything, or we will have another year of "Cub-itis"...i.e., 'WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR".

Genius Ted better "rebuild" in a hurry. He has three years left and McCarthy has 2.

Reign of Thompson Terror? Aren't you being just a bit overdramatic?

In the middle of the 2004 season, when the Packers were floundering, you proposed that it was time to tear the team down because the run was over. Then the Packers righted themselves and won the division, but lost in the first round of the playoffs. Was their late-season run that year really so impressive that you decided the team didn't need to be torn down after all, not even after two years?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
2005 Packer Roster:

Brett Favre QB 6-2 222 35 15 S. Mississippi Deep Stats
6 Ryan Flinn P 6-5 210 25 1 Central Florida Deep Stats
8 Ryan Longwell K 6-0 200 31 9 California Deep Stats
12 Aaron Rodgers QB 6-2 223 21 R California Deep Stats
16 Craig Nall QB 6-3 230 26 4 NWest. (La.) St. Deep Stats
20 Mark Roman S 5-11 201 28 6 Louisiana State Deep Stats
23 Noah Herron RB 5-11 224 23 R Northwestern Deep Stats
25 Marviel Underwood S 5-10 197 23 R San Diego State Deep Stats
28 Ahmad Carroll CB 5-10 190 22 2 Arkansas Deep Stats
31 Al Harris CB 6-1 185 30 8 Tex. A&M-Kings. Deep Stats
33 William Henderson FB 6-1 252 34 11 North Carolina Deep Stats
34 Patrick Dendy CB 6-0 190 23 R Rice Deep Stats
35 Sam Gado RB 5-10 226 22 R Liberty Deep Stats
36 Nick Collins S 5-11 200 22 R Bethune-Cookman Deep Stats
37 Mike Hawkins CB 6-1 180 21 R Oklahoma Deep Stats
39 Therrian Fontenot CB 5-11 187 23 R Fresno State Deep Stats
40 Tony Fisher RB 6-1 222 25 4 Notre Dame Deep Stats
41 Jerron Wishom CB 6-0 197 23 R Louisiana Tech Deep Stats
43 Todd Franz S 6-0 205 29 4 Tulsa Deep Stats
47 Atari Bigby S 5-11 218 20 R Central Florida Deep Stats
48 Vonta Leach FB 6-0 250 23 2 East Carolina Deep Stats
49 Tory Humphrey TE 6-2 257 22 R Central Michigan Deep Stats
53 Paris Lenon LB 6-2 240 27 4 Richmond Deep Stats
54 Roy Manning LB 6-2 245 23 R Michigan Deep Stats
56 Nick Barnett LB 6-2 232 24 3 Oregon St. Deep Stats
57 John Leake LB 6-0 230 24 1 Clemson Deep Stats
58 Mike Flanagan C 6-5 301 31 10 UCLA Deep Stats
59 Na'il Diggs LB 6-4 240 27 6 Ohio State Deep Stats
60 Rob Davis LS 6-3 284 36 10 Shippensburg Deep Stats
62 Junius Coston G 6-3 317 21 R North Carolina A&T Deep Stats
63 Scott Wells C 6-2 304 24 2 Tennessee Deep Stats
65 Mark Tauscher RT 6-4 315 28 6 Wisconsin Deep Stats
67 Grey Ruegamer C 6-4 305 29 7 Arizona St. Deep Stats
68 Chris White G 6-2 285 22 R S. Mississippi Deep Stats
70 Adrian Klemm G 6-4 318 28 6 Hawaii Deep Stats
71 Kevin Barry T 6-4 332 26 4 Arizona Deep Stats
74 Aaron Kampman DE 6-4 278 25 4 Iowa Deep Stats
75 Grady Jackson NT 6-2 345 32 9 Knoxville Deep Stats
76 Chad Clifton LT 6-5 330 29 6 Tennessee Deep Stats
77 Cullen Jenkins DL 6-3 290 24 2 Central Michigan Deep Stats
79 Will Whitticker G 6-5 338 23 R Michigan State Deep Stats
80 Donald Driver WR 6-0 190 30 7 Alcorn St. Deep Stats
81 Andrae Thurman WR 5-11 192 25 1 Southern Oregon Deep Stats
82 Rod Gardner WR 6-2 215 28 5 Clemson Deep Stats
83 Antonio Chatman WR 5-9 183 26 3 Cincinnati Deep Stats
84 Javon Walker WR 6-3 215 26 4 Florida St. Deep Stats
85 Donald Lee TE 6-4 248 25 3 Mississippi St. Deep Stats
87 David Martin TE 6-4 265 26 5 Tennessee Deep Stats
90 Colin Cole DT 6-2 325 25 1 Iowa Deep Stats
94 Kab. Gbaja-Biamila DE 6-4 250 27 6 San Diego St. Deep Stats
95 Donnell Washington DE 6-6 328 24 2 Clemson Deep Stats
96 Mike Montgomery DE 6-5 275 22 R Texas A&M Deep Stats
98 Kenny Peterson DT 6-3 285 26 3 Ohio State Deep Stats
99 Corey Williams DE 6-4 313 25 2 Arkansas State

Well, it was well documented that and confirmed by Andrew Brandt that Wahle could have been retained and the fooling around nonsense that went on with Coston, Klemm, Whittiker, and White(not sure who he even was?)...on the rotating O-line that year could have been avoided....

Hell..Rugemeyer could have played center and Wells could have been slid out to Guard and the O-line would have been much better.

TT also could have probably picked up a cagey veteran at WR that year instead of messing with off-the-rack, NFLE type guys in Thurman, Gardner, and Taco Wallace as well....

(Disclaimer: This is just my opinion everyone, on a Packer forum that contains many such opinions....

(Warning: You do not have to freak out necessarily if you don't agree with me....!)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:

So please don't give him the hard time. Twas I!!! [/color]

Sorry Pack66!

I did that a time or two as well, lol. I got bagged hard for it so I jus took the lumps instead of admitting that someone as experienced with forums as I am could make that mistake. BUT now that someone else did I don't feel so bad :p

I do it all the time. :rotflmao:

I always read my post after I post it though and then I catch it and I change it.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2005 was a year that TT used to free up cap space because before that we where never in good shape. We finally have lots of cap room and it is nice that we do.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Well, it was well documented that and confirmed by Andrew Brandt that Wahle could have been retained and the fooling around nonsense that went on with Coston, Klemm, Whittiker, and White(not sure who he even was?)...on the rotating O-line that year could have been avoided....

Not sure about well documented, but that is true. Wahle could have been kept. Andrew Brandt said it himself on Chris Havel's radio show. When I got back home, I posted it and took the heat for stating the opposite. :(

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't care if Wahle could have been signed or not. He was not the answer for the '05 season all by himself.

I'm sure it probably could have happened somehow. Cut some salaries and sign some others for the minimum to replace them to come up with extra cash. Like we had the luxury of so much depth we could afford to do that.

I will go back to my original point. Whatever TT was looking at was what MS left for him. I would really like to hear from MS how he planned on dealing with these issues if hadn't of gotten fired since he was the one that saw it coming for YEARS in advance vs TT who got hit with it between the eyes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts