Packers might play in London sometime soon....

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of issues would have to be solved before being able to put a team in London. I think most of the talk about it is having leverage getting new stadiums in places in need of it.

Still, if you look at a place like Jacksonville who's population is roughly 800,000 compared to London which has over 8 million people living there, you can see why the NFL has it's eye on it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Still, if you look at a place like Jacksonville who's population is roughly 800,000 compared to London which has over 8 million people living there, you can see why the NFL has it's eye on it.

Well, putting a team in Los Angeles would make way more sense though.

HaHa'sRightGlove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand. As long as its not a home game for the Pack I don't care. I understand what you're saying. I support Spurs in the EPL. I like that they come to the US once in awhile.....wasn't able to go to Chicago to see them play today tho.
I quite enjoyed reading your posts until I read you're a Tottenham fan :sneaky:.

But in all seriousness, as a fan from London, I would absolutely love having a franchise in London that I can go and see every other week or two, however realistically, I don't think it's practical nor do I think it's beneficial or realistic.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Those of us here in the USA don't have anything against not playing in Londan because we thinks it's silly, we just think that overall it will hurt the team. The travel after a Sunday game, not as much time to adjust to the time change and weather change. Not as much time for game planning. Not as much needed rest. The only way it would work for me is: We travel there ONLY after our bye week, ONLY if we get there 4-5 days early and ONLY if the game following the Euro game was a monday night football to give us an extra day after coming off a Euro trip. It's nothing against the Euro fan, I love you guys and how passionate you are for an American football team...... I am just more looking out for the loss of a home game and the overall well being for the team.

D

Deleted member 6794

We travel there ONLY after our bye week, ONLY if we get there 4-5 days early and ONLY if the game following the Euro game was a monday night football to give us an extra day after coming off a Euro trip.

The NFL always schedules the bye week for teams playing at Wembley after their trip to London.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
well..... coming there before a bye week would give more travel time, prep time, adjust time....... playing in euro after a normal sunday game has got to be tough. Either way, I hope they don't have to go there any time soon...... sorry euro fans, looking out for the team is more important to me than you guys getting to see them play in person. Sorry, just the way I see it.

GARYELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A team in London is inevitable, capitalism ensures that. So long as the interest keeps growing over here and the NFL has an opportunity to expand their product, a team will be on the horizon for London. It won't be long before there will be a bigger market for a team over here than there is for some of the current teams in the NFL.

I agree , the NFL will make sure ALL their teams take at least one turn at Wembley . If it's classed as an away game and the bye week the week after ( as it is now ) , I don't see a problem .
It could actually be a win-win situation as the amount of euro packers fans would give it a "home feel " .
Though I hope it's not for couple of years as I need to get back to a game at Lambeau first - All my packers gear I bought 2 years ago is falling to bits !!

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A team in London means more NFL revenue. More revenue makes a larger salary cap. For a team that is good at finding many good players like the Packers, more money is good. Therefore, I like the idea of a London team.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
A team in London means more NFL revenue. More revenue makes a larger salary cap. For a team that is good at finding many good players like the Packers, more money is good. Therefore, I like the idea of a London team.

you do realize that a "new team" will take players from around the NFL. Do you want to lose any current players? I know I dont.

EDIT* Brad Jones can go, first flight available.

Veronica

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Sounds good in theory but we are forgetting the lessons of the London Monarchs and WLAF / NFL Europa.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since I have nothing but respect and admiration for our overseas fans on here, I'd be happy for you blokes if the Pack came near your neighborhood across the pond.

Members online

Latest posts