1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Packers losing trade leverage w/ Eagles

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by musccy, Aug 30, 2005.

1. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    There have been a lot of rumors of the Pack trading w/ Philly for d help, and now that Warrick (cin) and Price (atl) have been released, I'm willing to bet that the Eagles will take a strong look at them, and Fergy et al have next to NO chance of showing up in Philly.

About the only trade bait the Packers have left (at least w/ the Eagles), would be the rbs.
  2. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I may be the only one with this attitude on the subject but I could care less if we deal with the Eagles at all this season. They are arguably the team to beat in the NFC again this year and why should we fill a need for them? For the first time in a while, they have some serious issues with Owens, Westbrook, etc. Ferguson is a special teams demon and could emerge in the offense if given the chance. In my mind, he is far too valuable to trade and especially to a team we are in direct competition with. As far as the RB's, I don't think we'll get anything of value with them unless you're talking about trading Ahman, which I believe would be a huge mistake considering Davenport is injury-prone and Fisher is serviceable at best.
  3. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He is my guy this year. I think he is going to have a break out season. Also good point. Let those idiots suffer it is their turn!
  4. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do not make one of your primary challengers better. In the end, if we are good enough to get to the playoffs, we will probably face the Iggles at some point. Why try to improve their team at our potential expense.
  5. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Digs - Agreed, you never help the strong, unless we can rob them blind. We have no real value that we can spare. I hope they are at least keeping a feeler on the Simon deal, back load something like Law got and then cut some dead wood next year.

Hunt
    Let Grady walk
    Roman? :comp:
  6. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    whoever you trade with, you're potentially helping, just as they are potentially helping you, whether it be a basement team, a playoff contender, a conference contender, or someone you may see in the S.B. so I don't really see why it's so much worse to trade w/ the Eagles, than any other NFC team.
  7. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    initially the eagles seemed to be practically receiver-less with all the TO drama. without a productive passing game its hard to see them doing much of anything once the season starts. so i can see why people would have a "let 'em suffer" mentality.

that being said:

1. im not sure if Ferguson was going to boost that passing game up all that much in the first place.

2. after the TO, McNabb performance in that last exhibition game..im not sure if they're still as desperate as we all once thought.
  8. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    I love how some of you people keep saying this will be Ferguson's "breakout year"...

yet he is perpetually hurt..and he hasn't been much of a receiver so far....

it's just funny how some of you like "some guys" and don't like others...and the reasoning escapes me....
  9. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Chapman is questionable for the season opener because of an injury, and Murphy probably is a few weeks away. Because of that, I think Fergy will be a Packer for at least a while.
  10. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Packers | Interested in Warrick
    Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:46:13 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Green Bay Packers have shown an interest in free agent WR Peter Warrick (Bengals).

I don't know why we'd be interested in Warrick, unless we plan on trading Fergy.
  11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Can he return kicks/punts?
  12. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +45 / 19 / -0
    The whole idea of trading a decent player to main contender was about as appealing as trading Brett to the Bears. It makes no sense to make a strong team stronger, especially one you have to climb over. With the injury bug that seems to plague this team, you can't have enough help.

Trades only work when BOTH teams benefit. Other than an Eagles starter, there wasn't much that would benefit Green Bay right now. Simon was out of reach financially, and Andy Reid ain't going to give the farm away for a wide receiver, since there's dozens available who could play. They might not be T.O., but they will do.

I think what the Packers are thinking is the team will be good enough to get through the early part of the season. The Packers MUST win most or all of their first six games to be around at the end, the middle part of the schedule is brutal. So losing a player which might be key to those early victories for ???? nixed any trades.

I get the sense that TT isn't a big "trade" guy. He builds...and I fully agree...with young speedsters you can sign cheap and then let the coaching staff build them into players.
  13. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    i was kinda with ya' net..until this last statement...

"I get the sense that TT isn't a big "trade" guy. He builds...and I fully agree...with young speedsters you can sign cheap and then let the coaching staff build them into players."

If that wasn't so sad...it would be funny.....When has Sherman or any of his coaches built anyone into a "player"....

--it just hasn't happened...

(it's kind of like Sherman...let's put this guy in there who doesn't know bullocks...and see if we can build him into a coach...it just hasn't happened...)
  14. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ahman Green, Javon Walker, Tony Fischer, Nick Barnett, Cullen Jenkins, Corey Williams, Grey Ruegamer, Robert Ferguson, Antonio Chatman, Chad Clifton, Mark Tauscher...all these players developed, or significantly elevated their games under Sherman's reign.

Oooops..sorry to rain on your parade with these facts.
  15. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Digs...you forgot the biggest one....Donald Driver
  16. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Touch'e, musccy!
  17. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    How about Bubba Franks, Marco Rivera, Mike Wahle these players grew under this current staff. :wink:
  18. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yeah, i'm all for NOT helping philly...corey simon or possibly a nice depth corner like roderick hood sounds good, but don't throw ferguson their way...
  19. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And Pack I agree with you. Don't make the trade unless it is heavily slanted in our favor. And not just with draft choice(s), but also immediate help. I can't see Philly doing that.