Packers linebacker Barnett arrested

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohh come on pack... the last thing we need in green bay is people tellin the players to stay in a room and party.

jesus christ its already hard enough to get free agents in wisconsin... now your saying that some drunk redneck can talk junk, spout off and then sue him when he hits him in a drunken stupor.... and its the players fault??

i mean we need to see all the details... but NFL player or not... bar fights happen, and if your choking someone its usually more of a defensive tactic than throwing haymakers.

Players go out and party, its what normal 20 somethings do. you cant tell 20 somethings to stay at home and dont go out, or youll never sign another draft pick. much less free agents.
Please post this the next time you're talking about a Viking being arrested, as most Pack fans certainly will.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
its different though when a Viking gets arrested.
Yeah, I know........he's a Viking.

If and when K-Rob gets nailed for another DUI, or God forbid, kills or injures someone, it won't be as bad because he's a Packer. :rubeyes:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:

If and when K-Rob gets nailed for another DUI, or God forbid, kills or injures someone, it won't be as bad because he's a Packer. :rubeyes:
Actually, we will just blame it on the fact that at one time he was a Viking, and that messed him up for life. :thumbsup:

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
Green_Bay_Packers said:

Actually, we will just blame it on the fact that at one time he was a Viking, and that messed him up for life. :thumbsup:
How ya doing, Cheesey?!

I just like to give a little purple-nurple once in awhile to the self-rightgeous Pucker fans now and then. :thumbsup:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
vikefan said:
Green_Bay_Packers said:

How ya doing, Cheesey?!

I just like to give a little purple-nurple once in awhile to the self-rightgeous Pucker fans now and then. :thumbsup:
I know Vikefan........I was just giving it back! :rotflmao: :thumbsup:
I'm doing so so.........not been feeling too well. But I'm still here! :thumbsup:

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohh come on pack... the last thing we need in green bay is people tellin the players to stay in a room and party.

jesus christ its already hard enough to get free agents in wisconsin... now your saying that some drunk redneck can talk junk, spout off and then sue him when he hits him in a drunken stupor.... and its the players fault??

i mean we need to see all the details... but NFL player or not... bar fights happen, and if your choking someone its usually more of a defensive tactic than throwing haymakers.

Players go out and party, its what normal 20 somethings do. you cant tell 20 somethings to stay at home and dont go out, or youll never sign another draft pick. much less free agents.

Can't say as I agree.

Although we do need to be sensitive to the fact that Green Bay is a small market, Barnett just signed a $35 million contract extension, which is probably not something most "normal 20 somethings do". He is a professional athlete and as such is getting paid enough money to expect to be held to a different standard than most people his age. If he doesn't like it, he can quit football, go get a job at McDonalds and get into all the barfights he wants.

This is Barnett's second physical altercation in a bar in less than a year and a half. IMO, he needs to learn how to keep his nose out of trouble, or the league is going to do it for him.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Can't say as I agree.

Although we do need to be sensitive to the fact that Green Bay is a small market, Barnett just signed a $35 million contract extension, which is probably not something most "normal 20 somethings do". He is a professional athlete and as such is getting paid enough money to expect to be held to a different standard than most people his age. And this is his second physical altercation in a bar in about a year and a half.

IMO, either Barnett needs to learn how to keep his nose out of trouble, or the league is going to do it for him.

Exactly. We don't need the leader or our defense (essentially) out drawing national attention to negative aspects such as being arrested. When I saw the news on sports center I was honestly embarrassed. A lot of responsibility has been placed on this man and he certainly needs to be responsible and keep his head out of trouble . . . . or him and K-Rob can sit around together and talk about how much they miss football.

I don't know, guess I'm just bitter. It'd be nice to see a little positive media attention for the packers every once and awhile. As you can probably tell from my avatar, Barnett is one of my favs . . . and it's just frustrating for him to be drawing such attention for this and possibly worrying about being suspended. Gaaah!! :soapbox:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Can't say as I agree.

Although we do need to be sensitive to the fact that Green Bay is a small market, Barnett just signed a $35 million contract extension, which is probably not something most "normal 20 somethings do". He is a professional athlete and as such is getting paid enough money to expect to be held to a different standard than most people his age. And this is his second physical altercation in a bar in about a year and a half.

IMO, either Barnett needs to learn how to keep his nose out of trouble, or the league is going to do it for him.
Great points Lare. These guys can afford to throw lavish parties at their own place, where they can have who they KNOW won't cause trouble there. They don't "need" to go out to party. Especially since some people see them as a mark, and try to pick fights with them to show off to their friends or girlfriends.
Look at the guy from Denver that got murdered. This crap happens all around the US.
If you choose to be a high profile pro sports person, you have to take the good with the bad. You get millions of dollars, and you have to keep yourself out of trouble as a pay off. If that means staying home and having your own private party, i don't see that as having to give up too much considering what you get in return.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the point of my post is that part of growing up is understanding that when you're a celebrity you have to be more careful than a regular Joe Blow. I didn't hear the circumstances of the fight, but it's not the first time that Barnett has been in trouble and unless he changes his ways it won't be the last time either

As for getting free agents in Green Bay, let me say this, if we've got a team that's capable of winning, quality free agents will come. it won't have anything to do with players not being able to go out.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Police call logs show 13 Appleton officers responded to the call of a disturbance at the corner of College Avenue and Division Street at 1:57 a.m.

A half-dozen officers had responded to a call at the tavern an hour earlier. That call was listed as an alcohol violation, and was cleared by arrest, but details were not available Sunday to determine if the two calls were related.

Police also called for medical assistance at the College and Division intersection at 2:12 a.m., records show.

With 3 police calls in just over 1 hour 15 minutes, why did the police not shut the bar down for the night?

By Andy Nelesen Green Bay Press Gazette
Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett was kicked out of a Milwaukee nightclub early Tuesday after allegedly attacking the venue’s emcee and being part of a group that caused trouble in the club’s VIP area.
Barnett, 24, was not arrested or ticketed, but the emcee said he plans to file a complaint with Milwaukee police.
May said Barnett grabbed him and started choking him,“At that point, I was afraid for my life. I was really scared,” May said..............

And from back in January ....

Link

Punch alleged: A Milwaukee woman said she was punched in the face by a Packers player on Monday, WTMJ-TV reported Tuesday.

The alleged punch was thrown after a fight broke out at linebacker Nick Barnett's Five-Six Ultra Lounge in Green Bay. The woman said that during the fight, a Packers player grabbed her by the throat and punched her in the face.

Barnett's agent told WTMJ that Barnett tried to break up the fight and was hit in the lip.

Green Bay police were called to the club because of the fight, WTMJ reported, but were still investigating. The player was not identified.

Why do these players feel the need to choke the people they are fighting with? At their size, you would think that they could handle themselves without choking them.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for getting free agents in Green Bay, let me say this, if we've got a team that's capable of winning, quality free agents will come. it won't have anything to do with players not being able to go out.

I don't know -- Willis Magahee said that he wanted out of Buffalo because the city shut down at dark and there was nothing to do.

I lived in and around Wisconsin for 16 years and, if you do not drink (which I do not), you had better have a snowmobile, a compound bow or a bowling ball to have something to do during the winter.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Can't say as I agree.

Although we do need to be sensitive to the fact that Green Bay is a small market, Barnett just signed a $35 million contract extension, which is probably not something most "normal 20 somethings do". He is a professional athlete and as such is getting paid enough money to expect to be held to a different standard than most people his age. If he doesn't like it, he can quit football, go get a job at McDonalds and get into all the barfights he wants.

This is Barnett's second physical altercation in a bar in less than a year and a half. IMO, he needs to learn how to keep his nose out of trouble, or the league is going to do it for him.

Living in Green Bay I can say Barnett is know stranger to the bar scene. He has a lot of good things going for him but I believe he needs to mature off the field before he truly reaches the level of say Brian Urlacher and with te contract he signed I think the Packers feel that's the level he can reach one day.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
I doubt that's the whole story.

He's not the type of person to start fights.

He's clearly the type that finishes them though. Arrested for battery and he looks pretty untouched in that picture. :thumbsup:

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

He's clearly the type that finishes them though. Arrested for battery and he looks pretty untouched in that picture. :thumbsup:

Barnett was arrested for battery on a woman. Unless she's built like my mother-in-law, that's a fight he generally should come through untouched.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MassPackersFan said:
Yared-Yam said:

Barnett was arrested for battery on a woman. Unless she's built like my mother-in-law, that's a fight he generally should come through untouched.

OH really? Nevermind.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I heard on TV last night that he is accused of pushing a woman.

and that is the SAME EXACT thing as fighting as you will see inked up on him by "real" journalists.

edit, i dont condone the physical altercation with a woman on any level, fight, push, etc ... jus get annoyed by media types who take something and make it much worse an more dramatic than it is.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
exactly, zero.

my point is, he didnt do much it seems. you guys make it seem like he went out without his shirt on lookin to start a fight.
He, like every damn mid 20 year old person does, went out to a bar. He drank alchohol, like every damn 20 year old would at a bar. Some ****** bag comes up tryin to act all billy bad ***, and Nick gets into it with him --- like every damn 20 something year old would. You dont take a normal 20 something, train him to fight, maim and destroy his opponent and then freak out when he defends himself in a bar.

he didnt kill anyone, and from the sounds of it, didnt even punch anyone.
he probally got arrested soley because he was a football player.

its all blown out of porportion becuase hes a football player.. let it go. and call me the next time he actually does something thats illegal.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A bar fight is practically like jaywalking.

If firearms, drugs, or underage women are involved, wake me up, otherwise you cackling old hens are disturbing my sleep. :p

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a law in Massachusetts called "shod foot" that makes it a felony to attack someone if you have footwear on. That's when bar fights become more than jaywalking. I s'pose you could always remove your shoes and then kick some butt though.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
If true.. Nick should have just left or got a bouncer to remove the lady... extremely drunk? Don't say..

Here is the latest in the Nick Barnett situation. According to a Green Bay Radio station (WSSP), the woman that Nick Barnett knew the woman that he pushed. Supposedly the woman was bugging Nick Barnett the entire night and he kept telling her to leave him alone. She wouldn’t leave him alone though. When he told her to leave again she supposedly threw a glass at him. She still wouldn’t leave him a lone so he shoved her so she would get away from him. Apparently both parties were extremely drunk. Supposedly the only reason it was made to be a big deal was because Nick Barnett was involved. If this report is true Nick Barnett really didn’t do anything wrong. (I can’t verify that this is true at this point though). The woman wouldn’t leave Nick alone and even threw a glass at him. If this was the case, why wasn’t the woman arrested instead. I think throwing a glass at someone is worse than shoving someone. The woman started the argument as well. If this is true Nick Barnett better not be charged with anything and he better not face any penalties, either by suspension or fine by the NFL.

*Edit... forgot the ever important "link" http://www.mytvisonfire.com/packersnation/?p=2106

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see a guy having to do that to get the drunken woman away from him. She probably egged him on so that he would have to get physical to get her away from him. Then she can yell and scream to the Police and get him in trouble. Why wasn't SHE held accountable for her actions?
Barnett should have just left the bar to get away from her.
(jmo of course)

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts