Packers ink Peppers

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ehhh If the #s aren't bad I won't complain too much but I'm not exactly thrilled

D

Deleted member 6794

OK, I want the Packers to participate in free agency to bring in some much needed talent to reasonable deals.

I don't think getting a 34-year old veteran, who is clearly on the downside of his career and has never played in a 3-4 qualifies as what I want them to do. :confused:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume situational pass rusher. Well see. Should be interesting how they use him.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It only makes sense to me, because Trgovac was his d-line coach in Carolina. Regardless, 34 is OLD and I would have preferred Ted shelled out more cash for Jared Allen. This move does not inspire that much joy.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking forward to more detail on the contract. You've got to think it's a deal that we can get out from under after just a year or two.

Everyone ******** themselves over Ware should recognize that Peppers offers a similar package at (probably) much better value. Peppers is older but he's been healthier the last couple years.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking forward to more detail on the contract. You've got to think it's a deal that we can get out from under after just a year or two.

Everyone ******** themselves over Ware should recognize that Peppers offers a similar package at (probably) much better value. Peppers is older but he's been healthier the last couple years.
I think ware would have been a much better fit

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The article mentioned playing him at OLB. 6"7 287 lbs. is a huge outside linebacker!

He's a good athlete, former basketball player. Will be interesting to see how he's used.

I think ware would have been a much better fit

Sure. Ware's had some success as a 3-4 OLB but we don't get to cherry pick our free agents if we won't break the bank for them.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If those numbers are really accurate I truly think TT has lost his mind.

Agreed. It's a short term deal so I don't really mind, but better players were a better fit and other positions needed more attention.

I keep wondering if he goes TE in the draft

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL at a lot of you!
The ones who said Free Agency was bad, that TT's 100% Draft & Develop Method was good enough.
Now complain about the $$$ committed to Peppers.

Peppers, unlike DeMarcus Ware, is healthy.
Ware has questions about his neck, as well as elbow.

Now our DL has 3 first-round talents spread across the board in:

• DE Peppers
  • NT Raji
  • DE Datone

With Mike Daniels, 2nd round pick Worthy as depth.

That's a lot better than one year ago at this point in time.

Still have to solve the safety hole, and upgrade the ILB spot.
But at least they don't have to use the draft to fill that DL now.

34 years old is not the same as it once meant.
Peppers is a SPECIAL athlete. He could have played in the NBA.
And he's been pretty healthy, unlike our guys.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts