Packers have to overcome refs, now also Karma?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colts coach just announced he has leukemia, now the team is inspired and will play extra hard, emotional.

Colts also had a bye week this week to prepare extra for us.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I think the nice gesture would be to have some of our players/coachs go to visit him at the hospital and wish him well. I know I would. They should also wear a uniform patch of some type wishing him a get well soon. That would show class on our part. I don't know where the karma part comes in, since we didn't do anything bad to the Colts or their organization.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i've prayed for him already. I think the colts are a good aorganization...we need to take care of them on sunday tho and not let the colts come out and upset us. you know they will be emotional. Mathis and Freeney need to be BLOCKED!!

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember by man-crush on Jerry Hughes?
Also on drafting Bruce Irvin. Well Irvin demolished Bulaga & Rodgers.
We better not have a re-occurance here....

Let's squash this "inspired" game from the Colts.
In the Ryder Cup, the Euro's played inspired for Seve Ballesteros on Sunday's miracle comeback win, and they all said they could feel Seve's presence.
We can't have this! We already have to beat 12 men every week because the refs continue to **** us in the *** week after week. Since when can receivers totally shove DBs to the ground in the end zone?

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish their coach well, but the game we need to win witch I think we can our o-line is better than da bears d-line watch for Luck he is good,but he made some bad mistakes in throwing down field when he played the bears,Williams should benefit from that.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
As long as we can contain reggie wayne, we should be gold. What other weapons do they really have? Not counting on Luck to have a great game, he is a rookie and looks medicore so far. Luck is still predictable and will get picked by our D. Bet he tosses 3 INT's.

Packers 27 colts 13

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Colts coach just announced he has leukemia, now the team is inspired and will play extra hard, emotional.

Colts also had a bye week this week to prepare extra for us.
Don't believe in karma. Either way, Colts will go down hard.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Colts cannot run effectively and their D is average.

Sounds like the Packers too. ;)

Yeah Freeney is supposed to be back Sunday. The team is talking about how much they want to give the game ball to Pagano in the hospital.

Luck is also incredibly poised for a rookie and hard to sack.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the nice gesture would be to have some of our players/coachs go to visit him at the hospital and wish him well. I know I would. They should also wear a uniform patch of some type wishing him a get well soon. That would show class on our part. I don't know where the karma part comes in, since we didn't do anything bad to the Colts or their organization.
I think they should visit him in the hospital afterwards if at all.
Remember what happened in the post when they went to a funeral before a big game?
They see the coach, they will feel bad. I think it could be demoralizing.
Crikey! I hope they don't pick up on the bad ju-ju and win.

They could always send him well wishes by email or even snail mail "Get Well Soon" cards as well as you or any other Packers fans.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
As long as we can contain reggie wayne, we should be gold. What other weapons do they really have? Not counting on Luck to have a great game, he is a rookie and looks medicore so far. Luck is still predictable and will get picked by our D. Bet he tosses 3 INT's.

Packers 27 colts 13

Then you have Avery, Hilton and the rookie TEs. There is a lot of young talent on the offense but Wayne is moved around a lot and has burned everyone so far.

Luck doesn't look mediocre at all to me and many QBs have looked average this year. The team is rebuilding and he has been behind a questionable o line and only been sacked 5 times in 3 games since he avoids the rush so well. He has been good in the clutch too. Peyton only won 3 games his rookie season too.......

Go Colts!!! :D

The pressure is all on the Pack but the Colts will show up win or lose and thats all I can ask for.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will need to set aside any emotions for an opposing coach and win to motivate them for the following road game against the Texans.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think they should visit him in the hospital afterwards if at all.
Remember what happened in the post when they went to a funeral before a big game?
They see the coach, they will feel bad. I think it could be demoralizing.
Crikey! I hope they don't pick up on the bad ju-ju and win.

They could always send him well wishes by email or even snail mail "Get Well Soon" cards as well as you or any other Packers fans.

For Jim Irsay and company a tragedy is not unheard of with the head coach. In 2005 Tony Dungy's son took his own life.

Right after though the Colts did however with their backups win their next game in the regular season when they rested starters with Jim Caldwell as head coach taking over for a few games.

Get better Pagano. And God bless.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For Jim Irsay and company a tragedy is not unheard of with the head coach. In 2005 Tony Dungy's son took his own life.

Right after though the Colts did however with their backups win their next game in the regular season when they rested starters with Jim Caldwell as head coach taking over for a few games.

Get better Pagano. And God bless.
Get better indeed.

There is a lot of tragedy in football involving players and sometimes coaches.
I rarely hear of this kind of stuff in baseball or tennis.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Get better indeed.

There is a lot of tragedy in football involving players and sometimes coaches.
I rarely hear of this kind of stuff in baseball or tennis.

I am not sure the Colts can ever catch a break lately to be honest.....

I am not saying Indy will win Sunday. I am saying that I hope/expect they give it 110% and lay it all out there no matter what. Might not be good enough because I truly don't even know yet how good this thing is in Indy. And with another coach (even if it is Bruce Arians) it is even tougher.

The Packers should win. But, I do think it might be an emotional game. I heard Colts players were crying yesterday.:(

Andrew Luck does not get the attention either lately outside the Indy market and nobody cares much about us anymore. But, he really is a great poised young guy and I wouldn't want anyone else right now for this rebuilding situation. I think Peyton could get killed behind our current o line, Luck does a lot with his mobility.

As for Colts injuries, we will see more as the week goes on. They have had quite a few but a few might come back for Sunday such as Dwight Freeney I hear. The area of concern is at CB where a couple like Vontae Davis left the last game with ankle sprains and have been seen in walking boots. So when your most talented CB is hurting it is not good news vs. the Pack.

Most Colts fans are predicting a loss but a few like me just want to see the team lay it all out there even in a loss. It could be a good experience.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Don't believe in karma. Either way, Colts will go down hard.

Actually I do believe in karma. :) It can work in funny ways. I don't think us fans can make karma happen though unless we purposely do something to the opposing team or their fans that could come back to bite us.

But, the Colts/Packers have no real history here either. No real bad karma between us at all....nothing.

I just honestly want to see Luck vs. Rodgers really bad. I think it would be a good experience for Luck to play vs. a top QB for a change. I want to see if our offense in Indy can pick it up a bit more and if they have the potential yet.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't believe in karma. Either way, Colts will ........
I don't either. But the Euro's did on Sunday in the Ryder Cup and they pulled the most amazing comeback ever.... and many of them credited Karma (Seve's) for their inspired play.

I expect the Colts to give a little extra in this one.

But if we play well, and finally click, we win 45-7.
Which was the score vs the Vikings the last time we played them by the way.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I don't either. But the Euro's did on Sunday in the Ryder Cup and they pulled the most amazing comeback ever.... and many of them credited Karma (Seve's) for their inspired play.

I expect the Colts to give a little extra in this one.

But if we play well, and finally click, we win 45-7.
Which was the score vs the Vikings the last time we played them by the way.

I don't think the Colts will get blown out that bad at home right now. If they do I would be stunned:( . We have had some good games vs. the Pack in the past too.........

I truly don't always know what to expect from Indy yet. Too many new pieces/youth and now the head coach is gone who fans and players have fallen in love with. Tough for me to call. I never know exactly what will show up yet and who the hell will be healthy either.

I am natural optimist outside of last season. I don't always expect Indy to win but I never give up on a game, ever. It goes back to 1995 for me when I learned never to count anyone out.

BTW Frank, lets keep an eye on Jerry Hughes and see what he can do. :) He is n Freeney/Mathis thats for sure. He has moments but still doesn't live up to first round status.:(

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It is vitally important that Jules' heart be broken into a hundred million gazillion trillion shards on Sunday. (I exaggerate a zillion times a day in case you can't tell).

That "Go Colts" comment qualifies as smack... *tsk*

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It is vitally important that Jules' heart be broken into a hundred million gazillion trillion shards on Sunday. (I exaggerate a zillion times a day in case you can't tell).

That "Go Colts" comment qualifies as smack... *tsk*

LOL that is about the most smack you will likely see from Colts fans this week. :roflmao:

I had to throw that in there to see if anyone noticed too.:laugh:

Sadly I have to go to a wedding Sunday. I am not even sure how much I will get to see. I will score check though but maybe I won't want to if it gets out of hand early.

At the very least the fans in Indy and the vets on the Colts get to see Jeff Saturday again which will be nice.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Frank, I think this is in line with what you are talking about.

http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/2012/10/02/happy-birthday-colts-coach-chuck-pagano/
Last but not least — Many will mention how the Colts should be inspired for their coach on Sunday. I’ve learned from experience, once the ball kicks off, the stuff off the field typically doesn’t factor into it. And sometimes, it has a negative effect. I’ve seen athletes try too hard and fail to excel because they wanted to win so badly for someone. While Pagano’s situation is serious stuff, so too are the Green Bay Packers.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's hope.
I've seen both ways.
There was a defensive coach for someone last year or the year before, and his wife had just died from a long battle against the evil cancer. She had been a lady who baked cookies and stuff for the team, was real close to them.

The week she died, and that coach obviously was gone for much of it and shaken up, they played inspired football for him from start to finish that Sunday and won the game.

Of course, us with Regis Philbin's reckless, irresponsible punk kid this January, that actually took some edge & spark off us as well all found out in the end.

Our talent is much better as is the coach, so we should be fine no matter how hard they try to win I guess.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Let's hope.
I've seen both ways.
There was a defensive coach for someone last year or the year before, and his wife had just died from a long battle against the evil cancer. She had been a lady who baked cookies and stuff for the team, was real close to them.

The week she died, and that coach obviously was gone for much of it and shaken up, they played inspired football for him from start to finish that Sunday and won the game.

Of course, us with Regis Philbin's reckless, irresponsible punk kid this January, that actually took some edge & spark off us as well all found out in the end.

Our talent is much better as is the coach, so we should be fine no matter how hard they try to win I guess.

I don't even know. This is a young team mostly. Pagano has really been great so far energizing a team and fanbase who was down in the dumps last season. I am still pretty bummed out over this but he has a treatable form of cancer so there is hope.....

BTW this is a nice video even if you don't like the Colts.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Ugh Frank, why did you start this thread? Now I am watching "Hoosiers" for Gods sakes.:cry:;):laugh:

Members online

Latest posts