Packers Have Signed Ryan Grant

MidnightToker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the immortal words of the great Vince Lombardi, "What in the hell is going on over here?"

Seriously, how in the bloody hell did the conversation go from re-signing Ryan Grant to whacking someone's kids?

This. I'm new here, but where are the mods? this thread is an ADHD clusterf*ck

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I moved posts that had nothing to do with Grant...And put them into SMACK

I wanted to delete them, but I decided to just move them..

If this thread moves away from Grant again I am just deleting

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So excited to have Ryan back. How about that great little 13 yard run on his first play back with the team vs. the Lions?

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice run by Grant. Grant has always ripped of nice yardage when a hole is present - last night was no exception. Still, he is not the equivalent of Starks, the guy that can pound out 3-5 yds even when the run is expected. Grant will be a good backup for Green. Green was very impressive last night!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I will be intereted to see how the new RB situation ends up panning out. I am not a fan of green at all, his one or two good carries per game does not cut it for me. Defenses don't fear him at all, not even enough to make a play action pass somewhat effective. I hope grant has some gas left in his tank, we cant tell from just one run. My hopes rest on that new guy, Harris. He seemed to have the most promise. I hope he gets more carries next game and by playoff time, if he is worthy, get the brunt of the work.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be intereted to see how the new RB situation ends up panning out. I am not a fan of green at all, his one or two good carries per game does not cut it for me. Defenses don't fear him at all, not even enough to make a play action pass somewhat effective. I hope grant has some gas left in his tank, we cant tell from just one run. My hopes rest on that new guy, Harris. He seemed to have the most promise. I hope he gets more carries next game and by playoff time, if he is worthy, get the brunt of the work.

I agree, his first play i saw him run a safety over and i was like Green must be mad. Then i saw that the guy was about 4 inches shorter and i was thinking who's this? the dreads threw me off, but the way he runs is what seperated him from a guy like Green. Green is not a bruising runner but this little guy is and i really liked his quicks and ability to hide behind linemen. Grant on the other hand came in and almost took it to the house his first carry.
He still looks like he's got good straight line speed and i would have liked to see him get some more carry's.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
So excited to have Ryan back. How about that great little 13 yard run on his first play back with the team vs. the Lions?

I'm with you. Grant hit that flippin' hole in a heartbeat. The whole time Grant was here, all you heard was that he wouldn't start anywhere else...then, in a few short years, he's got two 1200+ yard seasons -- that is explained away by those who do that kind of thing repeatedly by saying "He got his yardage in garbage time" or "Teams defend Green Bay's passing game...not Ryan Grant." All the guy ever did was produce...and...he's a locker room guy. Glad to see him back.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you 100%

I have doubts about his physical conditioning and his readiness. I hope he does help out.....:unsure:

Maybe not, once a 2nd chance comes sometimes changes your motivation. Your not going to loose conditioning in 90 days. He still hoping someone would signed mid season so he was likely working out. Grant might turn out to our version of Chase Blackburn....

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope I'm 100% wrong but I have no expectations of Grant. Players might like him but there's a reason no one in the NFL wanted him. I was so excited when he was off the team and this is just disappointing.
The Redskins had him for 2 months.... They have 4 other backs... I think he has more talent the he gets credit for. Its clear that the blocking was a major part of our problem. Its gotten better in the last 2 weeks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts