Packers Have Signed Ryan Grant

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Per Jason Wilde twitter the packers have signed ryan grant to a 1-year deal. Contract will be finalized this morning so terms will come later.

Not a bad signing considering what is happening at RB but I don't expect huge things.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 year deal? So it runs out in December of 2013?

Should be able to contribute for a month or 2. I like, but am surprised, by the move. Green and Starks just started showing signs of life and all.

The_PackisBack

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
With Starks out we need a body in the back field. Hopefully Grant has enough to give a little boost to the run game.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I called this earlier in another thread. It was all based on his readiness to play and knowing the system. What if the guy comes back and tears it up like when he first came on the scene? That would be a huge win and bonus for us. Let's be honest, he was the last guy we had that could take it 60 yards to the house.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I called this earlier in another thread. It was all based on his readiness to play and knowing the system. What if the guy comes back and tears it up like when he first came on the scene? That would be a huge win and bonus for us. Let's be honest, he was the last guy we had that could take it 60 yards to the house.

You did call it, I even posted after you called it.

Smart move? I hope so. Despeation move, indeed? They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You did call it, I even posted after you called it.

Smart move? I hope so. Despeation move, indeed? They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

I'd say more smart than desperation simply due to the fact Grant has been here, and we know what to expect from him. He won't have to learn the playbook or certain verbage which is a plus! he can focus on making plays and not over thinking. I hope he comes back hungry and with something to prove. Would be nice to see him run for 100 yds against Detroit.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess...... thats all I can really say. I'm so sick of waking up on wednesday every damned week and finding out another packer ended their season. Starks is done.... anyone else i missed so far today?

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never been a Grant fan. He is the last guy I want to see on the field in a 3rd and 1 situation, unless he is out there to catch a screen pass or block. Typical Grant stats: -1yd, 2yd, 3yd, -3yd, 19yd for an average of 4.0 yd/carry. But if Starks is out, he is probably our best option. Also, he can rip off some nice yards on first down, when run is not obvious, like he did last year when he ran in tandem with Starks. Green is coming around nicely I must say.

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still can't believe this, just amazed. Makes me rethink if we should call Cliffy up, he's just hanging around the house anyway. Heck, Cullen Jenkins isn't doing much in Philly this year... let's get the band back together! :laugh:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Starks injury was from a cheap shot?? Who was it? The big redneck??
You guys know I have been calling out the LOW PUZZY HITS to the knees of RUNNERs.... this is another pathetic wimpy attempt at a tackle, that ended Starks season.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Somehow I think Starks will not be placed on IR. Seems like it was not that serious of an injury. Give him a week or two and he may be back. In the mean time, we can not afford to lose two games, so we bring in Grant.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys know I have been calling out the LOW PUZZY HITS to the knees of RUNNERs.... this is another pathetic wimpy attempt at a tackle, that ended Starks season.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I actually thought it was a solid tackle when i saw it happen. Most Corners are going to go low that's just how it is. The smarter rb's look to hurdle these guy's because they are aware they are going to go low.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want a RB I think making an offer in the off season to Philly for Bryce brown would be the way to go.

Members online

Latest posts