Packers have 20th ranked DB's, Fox Sports article

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
20th is right where they belong.......for now. I think they will prove to be better than that once the season starts, though. A lot depends on Woodson. He could be great or he could be lousy or get injured. The other three are looking pretty solid.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants are overrated. No problem with the Pack there. I think 15-20 is where they belong.

This is fantasy football and GB didn't get many INT's last year.

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL 20th ranked DB"S??? is that why we had the best PASS DEFENSE!!!!?????

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
20th for fantasy football not real football. 20th is a reflection of interceptions not defense. Collins was just a rookie last year. His numbers should increase the most. Don't worry about it.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look for one of our corners to put up some big numbers this season. I look at many teams throwing at Harris quite a bit more this season now that Woodson is on the other side. Harris is the better corner right now, but Woodson has always been given that "Deion Sanders-like" respect.

Anyway, I also see Collins getting a few more picks this year too!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
20th for fantasy football not real football. 20th is a reflection of interceptions not defense. Collins was just a rookie last year. His numbers should increase the most. Don't worry about it.

Yep, that's why this guy isn't to far off in making this prediction.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
figtab said:
LOL 20th ranked DB"S??? is that why we had the best PASS DEFENSE!!!!?????

No. We had the #1 ranked pass defense because our opponents rarely had to play from behind and ran the ball almost exclusively.

I think we're better than 20th, though. But then again, I think Carroll is going to have a good career, too.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a few stats from last year(courtesy NFL.com)

Packers: 1st in passing defense(even with A. Carroll)
Packers: 7th in overall defense(even with A. Carroll)
Packers: 23rd in rush defense(with Grady Jackson)

One of the worst teams in the league in interception/fumble giveaway/takeaways(30 interceptions, 15 fumbles--tied with New Orleans for the worst g.t. ratio. Third worst was Arizona at 11.)

The problem isn't in the defensive secondary(Woodson can't be worse than A. Carroll) but the defensive line and linebackers, which correctly received a bunch of attention this offseason.

Fox can take their ratings and place them in their(lets fill a slack part of the news cycle with some meaningless stats)__________.(fill in the term for the correct part of one's anatomy)/

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's more interesting is QB. They have us at 26th with CHI at 20th, Vikes at 8th and the Lions at 6th!!! So much for his validity! So Rex Grossman, Josh McNown and Brad Johnson are all better? Wow.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
What's more interesting is QB. They have us at 26th with CHI at 20th, Vikes at 8th and the Lions at 6th!!! So much for his validity! So Rex Grossman, Josh McNown and Brad Johnson are all better? Wow.

I agree with that and that's why fox has no credability when it comes to the the Draft and Fantasy football.

This guy was looking at the complete depth. We have probably the best starter in the divsion in Favre but the worse backups. So if Favre goes down, we're screwed. I don't know how much better Mike McMahon and Tavaris Jackson are than Aaron Rodgers and Ingle Martin though. I think Minnesota should of been way way down.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A retarded monkey could have made better picks than these people. It just amazes me that these people actually get paid to write this garbage.

QB
Apparently the qb's for the Lions, Vikings, TITANS, Redskins, TB, Bears, Ravens(without McNair), are better than Brett Favre. And their headline Detroits 5th is like a shocker, wonder why. Cuz they dont have any QB's.

RB
Bears are number 1, Cowboys are 6? How could KC possibly be behind either of them?? Makes no sense.

WR
Jacksonville has the 8th ranked receivers. Why? Jimmy Smith is gone and they dont have anyone with any experience or history of success. How could Carolina with Steve Smith and Keyshawn be worse at number 10 than Jax? The Broncos who have 2 pro bowl caliber receivers are at 13? Giants are 19th?? Patriots are 20th? Now im not saying those other teams are better than their rankings, but the Jags arent in the top twenty even with Jimmy Smith, and even this moron knows Smith retired.

TE
I love my packers but come on now. How are we ranked 6th and SD, BAL, Giants and KC ranked behind us. Was he on crack the day he did the tight end rankings? Would any of you not trade all of our tight ends for any one of (Shockey, Gates, Gonzalez, Heap). Someone better tell this guy who made the rankings that Jackie Harris and Keith Jackson and Chewy the child molestor dont play for the Packers any more. Bubba is Bubba. He will get his 35 catches and 6 or 7 TD's, thats all. Each of those guys should have at least 70 catches for 700 yards and 8 plus touchdowns if healthy.

The fact that somebody pays this fool to write this garbage only emphasizes the fact that life is unfair. My god, something needs to be done about this.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
A retarded monkey could have made better picks than these people. It just amazes me that these people actually get paid to write this garbage.

QB
Apparently the qb's for the Lions, Vikings, TITANS, Redskins, TB, Bears, Ravens(without McNair), are better than Brett Favre. And their headline Detroits 5th is like a shocker, wonder why. Cuz they dont have any QB's.

RB
Bears are number 1, Cowboys are 6? How could KC possibly be behind either of them?? Makes no sense.

WR
Jacksonville has the 8th ranked receivers. Why? Jimmy Smith is gone and they dont have anyone with any experience or history of success. How could Carolina with Steve Smith and Keyshawn be worse at number 10 than Jax? The Broncos who have 2 pro bowl caliber receivers are at 13? Giants are 19th?? Patriots are 20th? Now im not saying those other teams are better than their rankings, but the Jags arent in the top twenty even with Jimmy Smith, and even this moron knows Smith retired.

TE
I love my packers but come on now. How are we ranked 6th and SD, BAL, Giants and KC ranked behind us. Was he on crack the day he did the tight end rankings? Would any of you not trade all of our tight ends for any one of (Shockey, Gates, Gonzalez, Heap). Someone better tell this guy who made the rankings that Jackie Harris and Keith Jackson and Chewy the child molestor dont play for the Packers any more. Bubba is Bubba. He will get his 35 catches and 6 or 7 TD's, thats all. Each of those guys should have at least 70 catches for 700 yards and 8 plus touchdowns if healthy.

The fact that somebody pays this fool to write this garbage only emphasizes the fact that life is unfair. My god, something needs to be done about this.

The guy has probably never played a down of pop-warner football. I mean look at this schmoe. The so-called experts are usually idiots. They gave a lot of love to my Bears by basically saying they have great DBs,LBs,RBs and DL but try and tell us something that's not so obvious. I agree with some of it but I'm taking every bit of it with a grain of salt. We won't know the validity of this spewage until the season starts. It sure would be nice to get paid to guess. I have to disagree with you though that in the RB category they are comparing the entire unit as a whole. The Bears unit may not be #1 but they are a very solid core and deserve to be ahead of KC.(3 capable backs on the Bears vs. 1 maybe 2 on K.C. if Priest comes back healthy enough) Remember that K.C. also had a passing game last season and Jones ,Peterson and Benson dealt with 8 in the box most of the time. I wish the season would just hurry up and get here.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I saw "Fox Sports" I discarded this information. Did anyone else see their mock draft?

TEs 5th, LOL. Man, I love Bubba, but he's no Gonzolez, Shockey, Heap, Gates, McMichael, or Crumpler. And we certainely don't match up with the TE tandoms that Tennessee, New England, and Dallas have.

My favorite part of this had to be the QBs, where Minnesota was 1 spot higher than Miami. Brad Johnson and Mike McMahan over Daunte and Joey? Get real.

I like this article

http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/5591946

Leinart considered to have more POTENTIAL than Cutler?

Gotta love Fox Sports

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can understand the ranking, but the DBs should be very good for the Packers. Woodosn and Harris are shut-down corners. Manuel and Collins should be a very good safety tandem. Carroll is gonna be a very good nickel back, and Hawkins should be a decent dime back. I don't know if Roman is gonna be staying in Green Bay, but we'l see. Blackman is gonna be interesting. I like his size and physical tools to play DB in the league. Howevr, this season he'll be quiet b/c he is a rookie and there are players ahead of him. At the end of the seaosn , I think the Packers DB will be ranked in the top 10 in the league.

Members online

Latest posts