Packers FAN SURVEY - Training Camp Edition

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The only one that I was different than the majority on was the main man on defense. The vast majority picked Peppers, but I said Daniels. I think CM3 then Daniels, then peppers ...... order of beastliness.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only one that I was different than the majority on was the main man on defense. The vast majority picked Peppers, but I said Daniels. I think CM3 then Daniels, then peppers ...... order of beastliness.
Luv Daniels and his mean streak.
I agree that Peppers is the difference-maker though, key, to this defense. Besides CM3.

Who did you choose for #4 in catches?

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also picked Daniels and I really believe that !
I love Daniels, but he already stepped up his game, last year.
For this defense to take it up a level, or two, it's going to take some others to step it up.

Peppers is one.

Raji, Perry, Datone... one of those guys has to raise their game ala what Daniels did last year.
Imagine if both Perry and Datone do.
And then you have Raji and Peppers..... all these guys are talented first round picks for a reason.

I feel this defense has the potential to be great.

Survey says.....

H

HardRightEdge

I love Daniels, but he already stepped up his game, last year.
For this defense to take it up a level, or two, it's going to take some others to step it up.

Peppers is one.

Raji, Perry, Datone... one of those guys has to raise their game ala what Daniels did last year.
Imagine if both Perry and Datone do.
And then you have Raji and Peppers..... all these guys are talented first round picks for a reason.

I feel this defense has the potential to be great.

Survey says.....
If Capers can fashion a top 10 defense out this mish mash of tweener/underachieving/aging front 7 players he'll be DC of the Year.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Capers can fashion a top 10 defense out this mish mash of tweener/underachieving/aging front 7 players he'll be DC of the Year.

Capers should be able to use all of the tweeners to his advantage, the defense is still lacking a true OLB opposite Matthews though. Don´t get the aging thing though as Peppers is the only guy older than 30 on the front 7.

H

HardRightEdge

Capers should be able to use all of the tweeners to his advantage, the defense is still lacking a true OLB opposite Matthews though. Don´t get the aging thing though as Peppers is the only guy older than 30 on the front 7.
Hawk is 30, he has a lot of mileage (i.e., career snaps) and he dropped some weight last year to add a little speed to little perceptible affect.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Hawk is 30, he has a lot of mileage (i.e., career snaps) and he dropped some weight last year to add a little speed to little perceptible affect.

why are there so many Hawk haters? The guy aint that bad.

* Has played in 123 0f 126 career games = durable
* Took a paycut to help make room for other players pay = team player
* 2013: 118 Tackles (lead the team), 5 sacks, 1 INT (more than the safeties), 4 passes defensed, forced fumble

How was he so bad in 2013? Who do we currently have who is better and knows the D like he does that we could replace him with?

D

Deleted member 6794

* 2013: 118 Tackles (lead the team), 5 sacks, 1 INT (more than the safeties), 4 passes defensed, forced fumble

How was he so bad in 2013? Who do we currently have who is better and knows the D like he does that we could replace him with?

A lot of people don't like Hawk because he never lived up to being the #5 overall pick in the 2006 draft.

H

HardRightEdge

Saying that his dropped weight did not add any speed is hardly "hating". Hating is what I (and many others) had so say about him in 2011 and 2012.

I've gone easier on him since he took the pay cut which, by the way, had nothing to do with making room for other players. The pay cut came about for the same reason as Crosby's...performance. Had either of those guys refused they would have been gone.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Saying that his dropped weight did not add any speed is hardly "hating". Hating is what I (and many others) had so say about him in 2011 and 2012.

I've gone easier on him since he took the pay cut which, by the way, had nothing to do with making room for other players. The pay cut came about for the same reason as Crosby's...performance. Had either of those guys refused they would have been gone.

well....... If I remember right, I read that he took the pay chop to help Brad jones be able to get paid......but I am getting old so I may be wrong lol. Either way, sorry if I took that as a stab at Hawk, he has just been under fire forever on here by some people, and that is without a good reason imo.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts